***Official Political Discussion Thread***

:lol: catching up some of this **** is hilarious. All those times I watched top gun I'm a certified naval aviator. Take a vacation my g, looking sad out here.

You must be a pretty good volleyball player too.

I watched so many hours of pro wrestling over the years I gotta hit up old Vinny Mac for the WWE contract :pimp:

Bruh you should see me killing it just hanging with the boys.

18hrs of news, 6hrs of sleep. SAD!

3 hours of Rush Limbaugh though...
:smh:

You gain a better perspective by actually reading on the political history of this country. Read the speeches, the documents, the bills, their intents and their effects (short term and long term), that kind of stuff. 18 hours of second hand info with commentary heavily loaded with the bias of the radio/TV personalities is why people think they are informed when they are only parroting talking points they haven't analyzed themselves. Hell, the level of information outside the US is much higher in my experience, and those people don't watch/listen to more than the evening news and a couple of debates during the week.

Donald Trump has no historical counterpart.

if u listen to all sides of da spectrum, Donald Trump's win wouldn't of been a surprise.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/google-hackers-russia-journalists-234859

State sponsored hackers turning it up a couple more notches

Google has warned a number of prominent journalists that state-sponsored hackers are attempting to steal their passwords and break into their inboxes, the journalists tell POLITICO.

Jonathan Chait of New York Magazine said he received several messages from Google warning him about an attack from a government-backed hacker starting shortly after the election. He said the most recent warning came two to three weeks ago.

Julia Ioffe, who recently started at The Atlantic and has covered Russia for years, said she got warnings as recently as two weeks ago. (See one of the warnings: http://bit.ly/2kMUyRb)

Some journalists getting the warnings say they suspect the hackers could be Russians looking to find incriminating emails they could leak to embarrass journalists, either by revealing alleged liberal bias or to expose the sausage-making of D.C. journalism.

"The fact that all this started right after the election suggests to me that journalists are the next wave to be targeted by state-sponsored hackers in the way that Democrats were during it," said one journalist who got the warning. "I worry that the outcome is going to be the same: Someone, somewhere, is going to get hacked, and then the contents of their gmail will be weaponized against them — and by extension all media."

The Russian embassy did not respond to a request for comment.

Google cautioned that the warnings did not mean the accounts had been compromised already and were sent due to "an abundance of caution."

“Since 2012, we’ve notified users when we believe their Google accounts are being targeted by government-backed attackers,” said a Google spokesperson in a statement. “We send these warnings out of an abundance of caution — they do not indicate that a user’s account has already been compromised or that a more widespread attack is occurring when they receive the notice.”

Ezra Klein, the founder of Vox, said he had received the warning as recently as a few days back. CNN senior media reporter Brian Stelter said he has been getting the alerts for the past few months.

Other journalists who confirmed they’ve recently gotten the warnings include New York Times national security correspondent David Sanger, Times columnist Paul Krugman and Yahoo Washington bureau chief Garance Franke-Ruta.

GQ special contributor Keith Olbermann said the warnings started a few weeks after the election, and he received the most recent alert earlier this week, a “big bright red bar” across the top of his Gmail. Some of the reporters say they are tightening up their email security to try to prevent the hackers from getting in.

Chait also said he was “contacted over email by a stranger who offered to help me by giving me an encryption key to protect me from hackers. He would not give me his name, meet me or talk on the phone, despite repeated requests.”

The stranger also emailed The Atlantic’s David Frum, James Fallows and Adam Serwer, Andrew Sullivan and Ars Technica’s Dan Goodin.

Stanford professor Michael McFaul, the former U.S. ambassador to Russia, said he also received hacking warnings from Google. He added: “Given my background, one would have to guess that it’s the Russians.”

Ninja come get your mans' and them.

Public Policy Polling is known for the unusual questions it asks.

So it maybe shouldn’t be shocking that PPP asked 712 registered voters this question: “Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: ‘The Bowling Green massacre shows why we need Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration?’ ”

PPP’s Bowling Green question received the support, by a 51%-to-23% margin, of those who identified themselves as Trump voters. Hillary Clinton voters, by contrast, rejected that statement by a 90%-to-2% margin.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...cre-supports-travel-ban-poll-finds-2017-02-10

I'm not sure if mass trolling or mass stupidity.

Last edited:
I'm still laughing at the notion of NH saying private schools are an option for folks struggling to make ends meet. :lol: :smh:

I never really got in an argument/discussion w/ dude. Seen plenty from the sidelines. But I now get it. Like talking to a brick wall. Wearing a leather pinwheel fitted.

If people lived within their means then they would be able to after they saved up 6mos salary. Everybody knows that :lol:
We need a running list of all the things saving 6 months of salary is going to pay for. :nerd:

So it maybe shouldn’t be shocking that PPP asked 712 registered voters this question: “Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: ‘The Bowling Green massacre shows why we need Donald Trump’s executive order on immigration?’ ”

PPP’s Bowling Green question received the support, by a 51%-to-23% margin, of those who identified themselves as Trump voters. Hillary Clinton voters, by contrast, rejected that statement by a 90%-to-2% margin.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...cre-supports-travel-ban-poll-finds-2017-02-10

The latter.

Last edited:

I'm still laughing at the notion of NH saying private schools are an option for folks struggling to make ends meet.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I never really got in an argument/discussion w/ dude. Seen plenty from the sidelines. But I now get it. Like talking to a brick wall. Wearing a leather pinwheel fitted.
If people lived within their means then they would be able to after they saved up 6mos salary. Everybody knows that
laugh.gif
We need a running list of all the things saving 6 months of salary is going to pay for.
nerd.gif
Da hemi

Da cuban

Da cancer treatment

You gain a better perspective by actually reading on the political history of this country. Read the speeches, the documents, the bills, their intents and their effects (short term and long term), that kind of stuff. 18 hours of second hand info with commentary heavily loaded with the bias of the radio/TV personalities is why people think they are informed when they are only parroting talking points they haven't analyzed themselves. Hell, the level of information outside the US is much higher in my experience, and those people don't watch/listen to more than the evening news and a couple of debates during the week.

if u listen to all sides of da spectrum, Donald Trump's win wouldn't of been a surprise.

What?

A rich man reaches the top of the political apparatus, appoints all his donor friends, writes laws that benefit him and his friends, and thinks democratic values are optional. Do you know how often that happens in politics? Just read about the former Soviet republics and former African colonies.

The latter.
Completely. Was just trying to be fair and balanced with my comment.

@DavidCorn: MSNBC reports WH has confirmed Flynn did speak to Russian ambassador re sanctions. That means Flynn lied to Pence & admin misled public.

This is a fair reading: Flynn conspired w/ Putin regime that attacked US democracy to help it cope w/ sanctions imposed as punishment.

Oh boy...waiting to see what kind of nonsensical tweets tiny hands comes up with to distract from this :lol: :nerd:

There was a reason Flynn was effectively kicked out of the Intel/military leadership community...

Last edited:
How a snowstorm explains Trump’s latest accusation of fake news by the New York Times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...by-the-new-york-times/?utm_term=.7411874aa49d

“The original story published [online] at 9:03 last night,” the Times explained in a statement. “The story was updated at 11:35, after the White House readout on the call came at 11:04. The first national edition (delivered in D.C.) went to print before the update, and there was not a second national edition last night because of the snowstorm. The city editions (in New York) did have the updated story. And the updated story has obviously been online since 11:35 last night.”

:lol:

trump is a reactionary idiot.

What?

A rich man reaches the top of the political apparatus, appoints all his donor friends, writes laws that benefit him and his friends, and thinks democratic values are optional. Do you know how often that happens in politics? Just read about the former Soviet republics and former African colonies.

TL;DR : not on Rush, who cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honeslty when I saw Trump make his way through the Republican primary unscathed I could honestly see him winning especially after his women who have abortions should be prosecuted comment.

It was then I realized that people were tired of the same old look and sound of a US president, he has essentially created a horrible precedent that I think others will try to follow but will fall flat.

subscribed

White House national security adviser Michael Flynn privately discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with Moscow's ambassador to the United States during the month before President Donald Trump took office, the Washington Post reported on Thursday.

Citing unnamed current and former U.S. officials, the Post said some senior U.S. officials interpreted the contacts as a "potentially illegal" signal to Russia that it could expect a reprieve from sanctions imposed by the Obama administration in December.

Reuters could not immediately confirm the Washington Post report.

Reuters reported last month, citing three sources familiar with the matter, that Flynn had held five phone calls with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak on Dec. 29, the day then-President Barack Obama retaliated for Moscow's alleged interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

The Post said Flynn on Wednesday denied that he had discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador, but on Thursday backed away from the denial through a spokesman.

Flynn “indicated that while he had no recollection of discussing sanctions, he couldn’t be certain that the topic never came up,” the Post quoted the spokesman as saying.

Officials said this week that the FBI is continuing to examine Flynn's contacts with Kislyak, according to the paper.

"Several officials emphasized that while sanctions were discussed, they did not see evidence that Flynn had an intent to convey an explicit promise to take action after the inauguration," the Post said.

What?

we're talking bout da United States of America b. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom