***Official Political Discussion Thread***

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a-719pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.8bc4831ae947

“I didn’t think he would come in blazing like he has,” said Godat, 39, who has three kids and works at the same aluminum rolling plant where his father worked. “It seems almost like a dictatorship at times. He’s got a lot of controversial stuff going on and rather than thinking it through, I’m afraid that he’s jumping into the frying pan with both feet.”

Of the six swing states that were key to Trump’s unexpected win in November, his margin of victory was the highest in Iowa, where he beat Clinton by 9 percentage points. Yet at the dawn of his presidency, only 42 percent of Iowans approve of the job that he’s doing and 49 percent disapprove, according to a Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa Poll this month.

Good, good.

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://t.co/hApwsJg9d8[/URL]"]
George W. Bush on appointing special prosecutor to investigate Trump: ‘We all need answers’
https://t.co/hApwsJg9d8
C5r6J3RWYAA715b.jpg
[/quote]

Why would it say President George W Bush though

When even Bush thinks you're going overboard...WATTBA :lol:

@CNN: "Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated," President Trump remarks during meeting with US governors
OH...

Last edited:
When Dubya was prez I wanted to swing on him and now that he's not I just wanna scratch him behind the ears and feed him biscuits. Crazy how absence makes the heart grow fond 
laugh.gif

Trump to his credit finally hired a competent economist. I disagree with a lot the dudes sugestions, but he is a solid pick that take his work seriously.

BUT.....

Trump just made people like Ninja look even stupider. Edwin can never speak in here again because his main criticism of Obama was the National Debt.

Trump will announce tomorrow that he plans to increase military spending, give huge tax breaks, still pursue a infrastructure plans but not cut Medicare or Social Security.

Unless anything changes, our deficits our about to explode

Last edited:
27carlos-web01-master768.jpg

He’s a Local Pillar in a Trump Town. Now He Could Be Deported.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/us/immigration-trump-illinois-juan-pacheco.html?_r=0

WEST FRANKFORT, Ill. — Ask residents of this coal-mining crossroads about President Trump’s decision to crack down on undocumented immigrants and most offer no protest. Mr. Trump, who easily won this mostly white southern Illinois county, is doing what he promised, they say. As Terry Chambers, a barber on Main Street, put it, the president simply wants “to get rid of the bad eggs.”

But then they took Carlos.

Juan Carlos Hernandez Pacheco — just Carlos to the people of West Frankfort — has been the manager of La Fiesta, a Mexican restaurant in this city of 8,000, for a decade. Yes, he always greeted people warmly at the cheerfully decorated restaurant, known for its beef and chicken fajitas. And, yes, he knew their children by name. But people here tick off more things they know Carlos for.

When Dubya was prez I wanted to swing on him and now that he's not I just wanna scratch him behind the ears and feed him biscuits. Crazy how absence makes the heart grow fond :lol:
He still sucked as president given he signed the Patriot Act and the War on Terror became a failure.
Nevertheless, Bush sounding like a moderate in 2017 is some funny ish.

$54 billion more for defense spending.

That's $200 per person.

How about they just give us all a free laptop every 5 years instead and call it a day.

Although it sounds like most of it will come from reducing NATO spending. So it's mostly just symbolically moving money around and putting more American citizens at risk instead of soldiers from our allies.

Last edited:
He stutters and takes days to address hatred, but some **** on TV? asap. His delay followed by a short, disingenuous response speaks volumes.

Quote:
The thing that stood out subtly for me is unlike Trump after mentioning how great that guy is he didn't keep repeating it, he actually described why he's a good guy. Trump couldn't write a 5th grade essay and pass.

Back
Top Bottom