***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I wonder how much Obama knows/knew about the Russian Trump ties.

Also, if he Repubs can't pass a healthcare bill, then what happens to tax reform?
Obama knew quite a bit, I would guess. He probably would've been more aggressive about it if people thought trump was gonna win, but in the interest of not making it seem like a political move he kept quiet until the election but set the board so that the chess game would play out predictably in 2017.

as for tax reform, i would think they'll go through with it regardless. at the end of the day, stripping health care is political suicide. but giving tax breaks and increasing the deficit is not.

Last edited:
Obama knew quite a bit, I would guess. He probably would've been more aggressive about it if people thought trump was gonna win, but in the interest of not making it seem like a political move he kept quiet until the election but set the board so that the chess game would play out predictably in 2017.

as for tax reform, i would think they'll go through with it regardless. at the end of the day, stripping health care is political suicide. but giving tax breaks and increasing the deficit is not.

The smart politics would be to get all those tax cuts to the donors, maintain or expand the good parts of Obamacare, change Obamacare's name and flourish. Sure the deficit would explode and the national debt would explode but voters and Republican politicos don't actually care about that. In other words, apply the Bush-Rove strategy of "compassionate conservatism."

Sure, putting tax cuts and a modest expansions of the welfare state (and an easy but costly war choke full of graft) on the national credit all at once is not smart long term thinking but in the long term, you get a Democratic President whose own policies and political capital can be undercut by wielding that same debt and deficit against that future Democratic president.

Trump and his team are obsessed with all things Obama and undoing them. As a result, they look destined to commit political suicide by attacking Obamacare. It is not unlike Hitler's fateful decision to seize and hold Stalingrad at all costs. Their vindictive and ideological crusade against Obamacare will be the GOP's Stalingrad.

:lol: so with Ryan kissing *** just to get his precious ryancare passed, with it about to bomb spectacularly I wonder what the vibe in the gop will be going forward.

Trump and his team are obsessed with all things Obama and undoing them. As a result, they look destined to commit political suicide by attacking Obamacare. It is not unlike Hitler's fateful decision to seize and hold Stalingrad at all costs. Their vindictive and ideological crusade against Obamacare will be the GOP's Stalingrad.
this reminds me of the baboon who reaches in a small hole to grab some seeds inside but he gets stuck and refuses to unclench his fist to get out. (Chappelle told the story a couple days ago in an interview)

instead of the grand ole party we should call them the thirsty bannon's baboons:

edit: not sure where to post this but it explains so much:

Last edited:
I wonder how much Obama knows/knew about the Russian Trump ties.

Also, if he Repubs can't pass a healthcare bill, then what happens to tax reform?

nothing, they can just cut taxes, deficit will explode but they don't actually care about the deficit.

the only problem is they wont be permanent. Thats the reason Paul Ryan is so jazzed up about repealing obamacare, because as I understand it, getting rid of Obamacare will allow the tax cuts to appear neutral to the natiol debt and then they can be made permanent.

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that healthcare reform was crucial to passing the tax bill. It seems like the stock market has already priced in tax reform, mainly cutting corporate tax rates, so gonna be interesting to see what happens to the market once people realize a tax overhaul bill probably won't happen anytime soon

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that healthcare reform was crucial to passing the tax bill. It seems like the stock market has already priced in tax reform, mainly cutting corporate tax rates, so gonna be interesting to see what happens to the market once people realize a tax overhaul bill probably won't happen anytime soon

it van still happen, it just mean it has a 10 year limit like the bush tax cuts.

Da Libbies just don't see Da progress B. Da goal of Da Freedom Caucus amendments was to let Freedom ring B. That's what they did. Da Don's negotiation skills are second to Barson's but that's nothing to be ashamed of B.

Trump wants a vote tomorrow on AHCA, per Mulvaney
— John Bresnahan (@BresPolitico) March 23, 2017

GOP source says sentiment in room "is overwhelmingly 'Bring it to floor & let the no's kill it out in the open.'"

Trump will move on & leave Obamacare in place if he doesn't get AHCA vote, per Mulvaney

Holy ****, at the end of the day it might be the Freedom Caucus that saves the ACA
laugh.gif
Once again King Cheeto taking another loss. I thought he was going to do so much winning lol. King Cheeto just keeps taking L after L. 

The New York Times‏ @nytimes

Trump has told people close to him that he regrets going along with Paul Ryan's plan to push health care first
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/...mes&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/WZM7qpUueP

The best part of that article is the last paragraph :rofl: :rofl:
In the midafternoon, a beaming Mr. Trump climbed into the rig of a black tractor-trailer, which had been driven to the White House for an event with trucking industry executives, honking the horn and posing for a series of tough-guy photos — one with his fists held aloft, another staring straight ahead, hands gripping the large wheel, his face compressed into an excited scream.

At a meeting inside shortly after, Mr. Trump announced that he was pressed for time and needed to go make calls for more votes.

A reporter informed him that the vote had already been called off.

At a meeting inside shortly after, Mr. Trump announced that he was pressed for time and needed to go make calls for more votes.

The New York Times‏ @nytimes

Trump has told people close to him that he regrets going along with Paul Ryan's plan to push health care first
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/...mes&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/WZM7qpUueP

The best part of that article is the last paragraph :rofl: :rofl:
In the midafternoon, a beaming Mr. Trump climbed into the rig of a black tractor-trailer, which had been driven to the White House for an event with trucking industry executives, honking the horn and posing for a series of tough-guy photos — one with his fists held aloft, another staring straight ahead, hands gripping the large wheel, his face compressed into an excited scream.

IdgJDS.gif

Don't be surprised if Trumpcare passes the House tomorrow, Trump might just give into the Freedom Caucus now, in hopes of strong arming them later after the Senate passes their version.

Not probable, but never underestimate the unifying power of white supremacy among rich heartless conservatives.

Back
Top Bottom