***Official Political Discussion Thread***

It may be deserved, but let's just remember that none of this is normal. The president should not be attacking the press like this.

It's one thing to make a comment about how you feel the press is being unfair or not presenting the whole picture. It's another thing to spend a significant amount of time and energy over the entire 6 months of your presidency to discredit the press.

To go a little deeper -- this isn't someone who is respectful of facts and is going along his business and suddenly getting attacked by the media. Rather, this is a guy who has been known for and continues to be known for making up lies AND using the media to spread those lies. He has had no problem attacking black men in the media, whether it's the Central Park Five or Barack Obama. So, along with this attack on the press being completely out-of-bounds behavior for a sitting president, it is completely disingenuous on his part.

I realize it's entertaining but it's also deeply troubling. Putting everything I just said aside, this is a 71-year-old man. ******* HELL.
True

I can't...

This can't be real life :rofl: :rofl:

Fam really posted a T_D gif
dead.png

Last edited:
Yo this **** is real. And sad. But if you can't laugh at this dude trump twitter you are not someone I want to be around. Fam posted a wwe clip of him taking down CNN. You can't in a million centuries make this up.

Pop culture prez in full effect. And you know his people love this. He is one them becuase they have people to working long hours, banking on our dollar to manifest a gif with a CNN logo. Tax dollars at work friends.

# of times Trump tweeted the following words

Opioid: 1
— Brian Klaas (@brianklaas)

July 1, 2017

You would think this would be a problem for the states that heavily supported him.

Everything gop is doing with healthcare would make the opioid problem worse but they still rocking with him/gop.

It's ridiculous.

We can ignore any of the dozens of other rational reasons for why the travel ban is trash. The 90-day thing on its own, even to the most ardent trump apologist, should be enough to sink it.

It's been over 5 months now.

trump is already calling it a victory, not realizing that it's not:

# of times Trump tweeted the following words

CNN: 431

Mika: 21
@joenbc: 26

ratings: 238

Afghanistan: 36

Poverty: 12

Education: 29

Opioid: 1
— Brian Klaas (@brianklaas)

July 1, 2017

I find all of this so freaking weird!

I don't believe we should validate his presidency by his tweets.

The more the left focuses on his tweets the more I feel turned off.

Why are they not reporting real news anymore?

Trump just keeps giving them reality tv content and they focus on that
:smh:

This whole thing is a circus and it's not all on Trump.

I know I'm late but someone made a good point.

What's more sexiest?

Trumps tweet, or the pressure of women to go under the knife to keep their job?

Kinda hard to ignore tweets when he holds an actual position in the government
I can agree that his tweets are a smokescreen for the GOP agenda though

Yo this **** is real. And sad. But if you can't laugh at this dude trump twitter you are not someone I want to be around. Fam posted a wwe clip of him taking down CNN. You can't in a million centuries make this up.

Pop culture prez in full effect. And you know his people love this. He is one them becuase they have people to working long hours, banking on our dollar to manifest a gif with a CNN logo. Tax dollars at work friends.

2heylg6.jpg

Trumps tweet, or the pressure of women to go under the knife to keep their job?
That's a fair point but let's not act like it's not trump himself who is the reason why women think they need to be attractive to keep their job.

We can slice or dice it any way we want. At the rotten core there is always the same gilded orange turd.

Last edited:
Turned off to what?

I still manage to find real news

It's soap opera news.

It really means nothing.

It's not what we know as presidential but I'm against career politicians in the first place so to me, it is what it is.

I've seen much harsher things said about the president and shrugged it off.

And did I hear correct that they want to give him a competency test?

LOL things are really getting out of hand.

I feel like these outlets are making news and not reporting it.

It's frustrating to a novice like me.

I come of ignorant to NT because I'm not deeply plugged into politics.

But Jesus I'm the average American.

I work and have a family.

I rely on news outlets to feed me the news.

I don't trust them.

Everyone has an agenda.

The white house has already validated Trump's tweets as official White House statements. I think they are being covered appropriately.

That's a fair point but let's not act like it's not trump himself who is the reason why women think they need to be attractive to keep their job.

We can slice or dice it any way we want. At the rotten core there is always the same gilded orange turd.

Trump has been in office how long?

This is what I'm talking about.

Trump is the American scapegoat.

His is not the reason why we only see attractive plastic women reporting the news.

**** been like this for a long time.

It's soap opera news.

It really means nothing.

It's not what we know as presidential but I'm against career politicians in the first place so to me, it is what it is.

I've seen much harsher things said about the president and shrugged it off.

And did I hear correct that they want to give him a competency test?

LOL things are really getting out of hand.

I feel like these outlets are making news and not reporting it.

It's frustrating to a novice like me.

I come of ignorant to NT because I'm not deeply plugged into politics.

But Jesus I'm the average American.

I work and have a family.

I rely on news outlets to feed me the news.

I don't trust them.

Everyone has an agenda.

I feel you on that

But there are still reputable outlets that value truth in reporting over sensationalism or ratings

Don't get fooled into thinking that cable news is the only news

The white house has already validated Trump's tweets as official White House statements. I think they are being covered appropriately.

We talking about mean tweets bruh.

MEAN TWEETS?

If that's the worst he can do to this country while in office, praise God.

Trump has been in office how long?

This is what I'm talking about.

Trump is the American scapegoat.

His is not the reason why we only see attractive plastic women reporting the news.

**** been like this for a long time.

Yes, but he has been as guilty as anyone in our culture for propagating sexism. This goes back for decades. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/po...tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

He is now the leader. Our daughters are watching him. They can't escape it. Even if CNN stops covering him, they will come across trump's behavior and tweets on Facebook or Wikipedia or in the history books, etc. Think what our daughters are thinking when they see the president being deferential to his cute daughter but not to his other one, or when he compliments a female reporter on her looks alone but attacks other females for not being pretty enough or not being able to satisfy their husband in the bedroom.

Sure, Howard Stern and plenty of others are sexist too, but they are not the president. They are not front and center for the youth.

Sure, Bill and JFK can take some blame too, but what we are seeing now is unprecedented.

Anyway, I see your point. We are fighting a culture war here. Is trump responsible for it all? No, he is merely the monster that resulted. But we should not normalize any of this. And, taking your point, this shouldn't end with trump. Sexism, like racism, is still very much alive, and it needs to be confronted on all fronts.

Last edited:
The argument I'm seeing is that sexism has existed long before Trump so Trump being sexist isn't news :lol:

Lolwut

Last edited:
Yes, but he has been as guilty as anyone in our culture for propagating sexism. This goes back for decades. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/po...tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

He is now the leader. Our daughters are watching him. They can't escape it. Even if CNN stops covering him, they will come across trump's behavior and tweets on Facebook or Wikipedia or in the history books, etc. Think what our daughters are thinking when they see the president being deferential to his cute daughter but not to his other one, or when he compliments a female reporter on her looks alone but attacks other females for not being pretty enough or not being able to satisfy their husband in the bedroom.

Sure, Howard Stern and plenty of others are sexist too, but they are not the president. They are not front and center for the youth.

Sure, Bill and JFK can take some blame too, but what we are seeing now is unprecedented.

Anyway, I see your point. We are fighting a culture war here. Is trump responsible for it all? No, he is merely the monster that resulted. But we should not normalize any of this. And, taking your point, this shouldn't end with trump. Sexism, like racism, is still very much alive, and it needs to be confronted on all fronts.

Wait!?!

In an interview with Vanity Fair, while he was still married to Ivana, Trump said:

“I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?”

DA DON :rofl:

It's not about "mean tweets" it's about a complete lack of decorum from a guy who's the leader of the free world. It makes the position and country look like a joke.

I think there should be less tweet coverage too tbh. Majority of us Americans and the rest of the world already know dude is a ******* moron. I feel like they should be covering his massive failures and missteps as a businessman and now president instead of tweets and goofy stuff, like that damn misspelling. I could not believe that was newsworthy, for multiple days of coverage at that.

That's that microwave news.

Back
Top Bottom