***Official Political Discussion Thread***

tenor.gif

Rusty you should be more supportive of the future Mrs. SHACKLEFORD. She wouldn't have made it without your love and support. Congratulations to you and Tomi. Will we see your DAPPER self grace the Fox News TV screen? I HOPE so
Fox News got a strict no crisp shape up on black men policy. I couldn't even get on even if the Bigot Barbie wanted.

Brother al-Latif is working on bringing me on CNN doe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a169beb0953_story.html?utm_term=.6d9c494de556

President Donald Trump is promising billions to help Texas rebuild from Hurricane Harvey, but his Republican allies in the House are looking at cutting almost $1 billion from disaster accounts to help finance the president’s border wall.

The pending reduction to the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s disaster relief account is part of a spending bill that the House is scheduled to consider next week when Congress returns from its August recess. The $876 million cut, part of the 1,305-page measure’s homeland security section, pays for roughly half the cost of Trump’s down payment on a U.S.-Mexico border wall.

It seems sure that GOP leaders will move to reverse the disaster aid cut next week. The optics are politically bad and there’s only $2.3 billion remaining in disaster coffers.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...osed-corporate-tax-plan-trillions-debt-report

Donald Trump’s plans to reduce the corporate tax rate from 35% to 20% will result in a revenue loss of $3tn to $7tn for the federal government over a decade and are unlikely to create the promised boom in jobs, according to a new report from the non-partisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

But the Washington thinktank found that the cuts were unnecessary as well as exorbitantly costly. The study looked at 92 publicly-traded corporations that reported consistent profitability between 2008 and 2015, and found that they already benefitted from low effective tax rates, paying less than 20% of that net income to the federal government in tax.

Ryan and Trump have argued that a lower tax burden will help create more jobs, but the study argues that these companies are already paying the lower level of taxes and have not created more jobs. In fact, while the total rate of job creation among the US private sector as a whole was 6%, these 92 companies saw a 1% decline in employment. They are creating jobs at a slower rate than the economy, in spite of having precisely this “Goldilocks” tax rate.

I worked with someone who moved from Louisiana. Five years after Katrina he claimed there were still areas that basically still looked like they did right after Katrina. :sick:

Maybe some of you folks from that area can shed light on this claim? That areas were basically abandoned?

I don't live there so a local will have a more informed but when I went there for "vacation" about six years afterwards and we were moving around the town, it kind of looked that. I was in shock.

I should have never shared **** wit y'all dudes. :smh: :lol:

I hope you all stub your pinky toes on the side of a dresser.

What is this running joke :nerd:

not a joke, my friend. not a joke.

Rusty confessed on here that he had met Tomi and, smitten by her beauty, fell in love at first sight. She in turn found him to be incredibly dapper. There is a picture floating around of the happy couple together.

They hit a rough patch when Rusty kept bringing kale home for dinner but, over time, she won him over to the coal train by reading Carson's books to Rusty at bedtime.

Now he is thinking of popping the question. Soon he will be a rookie no more!

not a joke, my friend. not a joke.

Rusty confessed on here that he had met Tomi and, smitten by her beauty, fell in love at first sight. She in turn found him to be incredibly dapper. There is a picture floating around of the happy couple together.

They hit a rough patch when Rusty kept bringing kale home for dinner but, over time, she won him over to the coal train by reading Carson's books to Rusty at bedtime.

Now he is thinking of popping the question. Soon he will be a rookie no more!

Wait is this Rusty?
IMG_6002.JPG

I ask every Trump supporter what's stopping these already wealthy and profitable companies from investing in U.S.A. and creating jobs now. I do not get answers.

The answer to that is one they don't like to hear, capitalism.

Back
Top Bottom