***Official Political Discussion Thread***

A Know-Nothing Know-It-All is a character who insists he or she knows everything; is always right; that they were the ''actual'' original creator of an idea; and who generally has an extremely high opinion of themselves and their abilities.

Nothing could be further from the truth. They are grossly misinformed, or just lying, about everything they talk about with authority. They create nothing new, and are Ignorant of Their Own Ignorance. Their abilities could best be described as "scarce". Such people are, in fact, the living definition of the word charlatan.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KnowNothingKnowItAll

Can one of you intelligent NYCers explain to me how someone can lose two years of schooling because he got jumped? This makea ZERO sense to me. I'm willing to believe the forced school transfer story, but this isn't like trying to transfer from Devry to NYU where your bull @#$@ credits don't count.

I have no idea. Never heard of someone graduating late because they transferred schools. I know cats who transferred to schools in other states and still made it out on time. I suppose it's possible, I'm not gonna call him a liar and say it's not, I've just never heard of it. Closest thing to his situation that I personally know of is a guy who was forced to transfer BECAUSE he was gonna graduate late.

I have no idea. Never heard of someone graduating late because they transferred schools. I know cats who transferred to schools in other states and still made it out on time. I suppose it's possible, I'm not gonna call him a liar and say it's not, I've just never heard of it. Closest thing to his situation that I personally know of is a guy who was forced to transfer BECAUSE he was gonna graduate late.
Probably possible, but I knew dudes in HS in the BX that did dirt, got caught and went back to the same school after suspension. Gang related **** too.

Plus I had credits from random Jamaican classes transfer, I dunno.

yea I would think NY public school system curriculum is the same across.

In California you're not even allowed to be a student on a high school campus if you're older than 19 :lol: They only make exceptions if you have disabilities.

I went to HS in VA in the 9th grade and moved back to Cali for 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. I went to two diff HIghschools in Cali and all my grades transferred.

If you're implying that I wouldn't be able to carry myself the way you are now, you're right. I wouldn't want to carry myself the way you are and have since you returned.

You took offense, but I wan't trying to be offensive. Just pointing out the common trends I see when I have discussions with people of your ilk. Finishing a degree in Law & Due Process and completing a number of courses taught by politicians, lawyers, police officers etc. has made me confident in my understanding of law and politics. Of course I'm not infallible and can be wrong, I'm more than willing to admit that when that is the case.

Your whole act is corny, though.

Are you going to air out the thread, ninjahood ninjahood ?

I'll use Ninja as an example here as it is most appropriate; the prime example of this is when he makes elementary math errors. Instead of simply saying oops I messed up my math there, he doubles down and tries to spin some sort of mental gymnastics in which his alt-math is actually correct. See the "50% of Trump supporters = 50% of the US population" math error and his outright refusal to admit his math was wrong. In that case he doubled down on that claim after the error was pointed out. After it was pointed out again, he replied "what u talking bout?" as if he didn't understand what was wrong with that math equation. Or "check ya calendars" after he failed to properly account for 7 days in a week. Again, the point isn't Ninja's math but his refusal to ever acknowledge being wrong, no matter how blatant. The math examples are simply the best way of demonstrating that.

And that is why one arguing with Ninja (or someone like Ninja) must always keep in mind that you're not gonna get any concessions out of him whatsoever. Zero. He could say 1+1=45 and he'd still double down and spin it into "check ya calculators b, I was rounding up" type nonsense.
There is little point in engaging him, other than occasionally learning something new when his nonsense is countered by someone else.
If an individual is unable to admit or even realize he is wrong, then the individual can not learn from his errors. Does anything you could possibly say get through to that individual? Probably not one bit of it. Except maybe a topic of full mutual agreement. Other than that, whatever you could possibly say is not gonna have an effect on someone who genuinely seems to be unable to admit to being wrong or concede a point. Those individuals are in their own tiny bubble where being wrong is impossible and they'll jump through any mental gymnastics to keep it that way, regardless of reality and scientific facts.

its not even a contest, u seen ur track record here?

you may not like my politics mr. Eff da flag/national anthem but i know what im talking about enough to tangle with a thread full of liberals...id doubt you could do da same thing in reverse.

Man thinks he's really getting busy in here.
Case in point... :lol:

its not even a contest, u seen ur track record here?

you may not like my politics mr. Eff da flag/national anthem but i know what im talking about enough to tangle with a thread full of liberals...id doubt you could do da same thing in reverse.

It's a moot point though. Any one can regurgitate bs policies via Wikipedia. You seem informed, not smart or knowledgeable but informed, behind a desktop. Doesn't take much.

without providing context and the surrounding history accompanied with intelligible analysis of those beloved policies you spew, you look rather foolish.

Hence the difference between being smart and being nice with the keystrokes.

Got a fine wind gusts repellant right here b :smokin
ce3b042cf4b7316c8ed6ce3d8e965e53.png

"You can see the famous white busses in the back ground....paid protesters"

:lol: Those are NYC metro buses.
The level of discourse, man. This is where we are in 2017. Before we get to a real discussion, we have to convince people that the earth isn't flat.

Wasting our time dragging along the idiots of our country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom