***Official Political Discussion Thread***

so why even talk when you dunno what you're talking about?

19445 - autoplay_gif chain gif hat john_cena smackdown smiling wwe.gif

Which is gonna fail again because Trump didn't run as a doctrinaire conservative.

If DACA passes and Trump gets funding for his wall, shows over folks, nothing to see here.

I disagree. Even if he can get funding for a border wall, most of the base is concerned with what they see as too many non white immigrants and in an environment where huge fines and long wait lists are considered "amnesty" for undocumented people, a mass "amnesty" for 800,000 young adults, who can themselves start families and have US citizen-children will be seen as capitulation.

George Parker wrote a response to Coates article since Coates called him out in his.

Parker's article starts decent and then quickly devolves into just a bunch of "whataboutism" nonsense all in the name of saying the 2016 wasn't just strictly about race.

To defend himself from a preceived attack from Coates, famb even said he wrote a book with a black character. :lol:

Coates point seems lost on him. It currently sits as the #2 most popular article on the Atlantic's website.

The thing is that conservative writers, who do not know Coates very well, just see him just as some one note black affairs reporter. Unbeknownst to them, Coates, writes on and researches a variety of topics including a lot of European history.

The assumption is that Coates is claiming that every single thing that happens in politics is driven by racial animus. Meanwhile, Coates is simply saying that racial animus was the biggest factor in the 2016 election, a fact that seems undeniable.

Going through Mike Cernovich, Anne Coutler and Joe Walsh's twitter tears and Trump regret brings me joy :lol:.

They calling that man a **** and burning MAGA hats :rofl:

The #AmnestyDon hashtags has real tears.

Mike thuper thperm thernovich ith throwing a thit fit right about now. That ith ironic becauth Donald Trump has raw dogged him before and that ith thupposed to cauth pair bonding for life.

A champion for the working man they said...

When you have Ann Coulter and Tom Cotton asking for MORE "skilled" (which is to say middle and upper middle wage) immigrants from Europe, you know that anti sentiment immigration was never fueled by economic anxiety, at least not among the middle class.

She's a horrible brother ****ing *****.
QUEEN CERSEI BAE is a gem and a national treasure. She only wants what's best for Westeros and is trying to make it great again. JUST LIKE DON. LIBBIES ON TV AND IN THE REAL WORLD DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

so the left is upset that trump ended DACA and the right is mad that he might bring it back.

and the left is boycotting ESPN for not supporting Jemele Hill and the right is boycotting ESPN for not firing Jemele Hill.

trump has weirdly united the country by polarizing us even more.

trump has weirdly united the country by polarizing us even more.

Seriously, never thought about it this way. I'm personally boycotting the NFL, it helps that my team is dog****, but the whole Kap situation got me in my feelings, and the fact they brought back that racist Hank Williams sealed the deal with me. These people that run around here and say 'keep politics out of sports' are full of ****.

These people that run around here and say 'keep politics out of sports' are full of ****.
what kind of goes under the radar is just how deeply seated politics is in sports. i won't list them all, but it pervades so many different aspects of sport (implicit and explicit racism, value judgments based on background, tying sports to patriotism and religion, etc).

ultimately sports as a whole and as an ideal is a great venue and escape from politics but in reality politics has its fingerprints all over professional sports.

Back
Top Bottom