***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Its called bubble wrapped entitled cry babies that can't take a difference of opinion without crying da "racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe" to silence speech.

Soft paler towel tissue boys & gals who feel threatened when political names are written in chalk at their campus :lol:

I agree that sometimes, student groups will be too severe and the incident with Trump's name written in chalk is one of those instances.

More broadly though, safe spaces and speech codes exist so that marginalized groups enjoy the same protections that less marginalized groups already enjoy. It is already an unwritten rule that on Campus, no one would ask me "what's your deal with being white?" or "when did you decide to be straight?" I and those like me enjoy protections that are derived from existing social norms and it meant that when I was a student, I could study the subject at hand and not have to waste time defending my very identity.

Safe spaces are not about protecting students from dissenting opinions, they are about preventing people from engaging in outright bullying under the guise of academic inquiry and debate. If we, the straight and cis-gendered, had all resolved to treat gay and trans students the way we demand to be treated, there would be no need for safe spaces and speech codes.

Last edited:
Citing COMPSTAT shows how little you really know about how these things truly work.

In da 12 years of Bloomberg & 8 years of Giuliani.. You know how many times ive been stop & frisked? once, and thats because i was brazenly chillin wit my blow dealing friends rocking that huge st. Michael on a known drug block...and i aint care. When you do care? Its called avoid trouble & 99% of da time it wont find you.

I ****** with Bloomberg for the good things he did as Mayor of NYC.

Stop & Frisk was racist as **** and violated civil rights though. Son always lost me with that. Wasn't fond of him trying to ban big soda cups either but I see he was focused on the large health issues in America.

Last edited:
In da 12 years of Bloomberg & 8 years of Giuliani.. You know how many times ive been stop & frisked? once, and thats because i was brazenly chillin wit my blow dealing friends rocking that huge st. Michael on a known drug block...and i aint care. When you do care? Its called avoid trouble & 99% of da time it wont find you.
So because you've never been the victim of a racist policy, this automatically means there are no issues?

I expected you to dismiss racism but I didn't think you'd try and use anecdotal evidence to try and prove stop & frisk isn't targeting minorities 
roll.gif

Ninja out here perpetuating white supremacy and I don't even think he realizes it 
mean.gif

Hasnt there been numerous nypd officers to speak out against stop and frisk and the quota system and how they're told to specifically target certain types of people?

Quotas yes...racism? No. They went to where da crime is (basically East NY, Brownsville, etc.)

So because you've never been the victim of a racist policy, this automatically means there are no issues?
I expected you to dismiss racism but I didn't think you'd try and use anecdotal evidence to try and prove stop & frisk isn't targeting minorities :rofl:
Ninja out here perpetuating white supremacy and I don't even think he realizes it :smh:

Sadly i think he knows very well

*yawn*

Meanwhile da majority of NYPD is some minorities.

Guess im da only one old enough to be walking over dead bodies & syringe needies in da 80's & 90's...

Sure lets blame Giuliani & Bloomberg for preventing NYC from lookin like Detroit or Chicago.. :rolleyes :lol:

Meanwhile:

An analysis by the NYCLU revealed that innocent New Yorkers have been subjected to police stops and street interrogations more than 5 million times since 2002, and that black and Latino communities continue to be the overwhelming target of these tactics. Nearly nine out of ten New-Yorkers have been completely innocent, according to the NYPD’s own reports:

In 2015, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 22,939 times.
18,353 were totally innocent (80 percent).
12,223 were black (54 percent).
6,598 were Latino (29 percent).
2,567 were white (11 percent).

The NYPD also has a reputation for racism issues. But you're right. I'm sure there's absolutely no race targeting involved here. The police, particularly the NYPD, has a spotless record when it comes to targeting minorites. Right?

Just an example:  http://www.thenation.com/article/stopped-and-frisked-being-fking-mutt-video/

And for the record, minorites aren't exempt from being racist or participating in racist behavior.

You're the prime example of this Ninja. You're Dominican but you're perpetuating racism and white supremacy by denying the existence of systemic racism and being generally dismissive of racism as a whole.

Last edited:
These things are not mutually exclusive. It's a racist policy but they were also targetting areas with the highest crime rates.

A top Bronx cop was caught on tape telling an NYPD whistleblower to specifically target “male blacks 14 to 21” for stop-and-frisk because they commit crimes.

Stop “the right people, the right time, the right location,” Deputy Inspector Christopher McCormack is heard saying on the recording.

“He meant blacks and Hispanics,” Officer Pedro Serrano, who made the secret recording, testified Thursday in Manhattan federal court.

“So what am I supposed to do: Stop every black and Hispanic?” Serrano was heard saying on the tape, which was recorded last month at the 40th Precinct in the Bronx.

McCormack said to focus on the Mott Haven section, where the problem “was robberies and grand larcenies.”

“I have no problem telling you this,” the inspector said on the tape. “Male blacks. And I told you at roll call, and I have no problem [to] tell you this, male blacks 14 to 21.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nd-frisk-young-blacks-males-article-1.1295665

"NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly admitted that cops target blacks and Hispanics for the city’s controversial “stop and frisk” program to keep guns off the street, a state lawmaker testified this morning."

According to Adams, Kelly “stated that he targeted or focused on that group because he wanted to instill fear in them that any time they leave their homes they could be targeted by police.”

http://nypost.com/2013/04/01/ray-ke...anics-in-stop-frisk-state-lawmaker-testifies/

Last edited:
but does the fact that cops are alleging that they were told to go after black and Hispanic males not constitute racism? 

Clearly alot of da NYPD is some scumbags, but Compstat is a crime aggregation tool to target crime, and to say it didn't work would be throwing out da baby with da bathwater.

Too bad im Hispanic. *shrugs*
In all seriousness, take some time to fully educate yourself.

You're on this contrarian kick where you seem to think you're the only one here who has it all figured out.

I'm not asking you to change your stance, but to allow other thoughts and ideas in enough to for a legitimate counter argument for something instead of continuously shrugging things off and digging deeper into the trench you've created for yourself.

but does the fact that cops are alleging that they were told to go after black and Hispanic males not constitute racism? 
Clearly alot of da NYPD is some scumbags, but Compstat is a crime aggregation tool to target crime, and to say it didn't work would be throwing out da baby with da bathwater.
More than a hundred retired New York Police Department captains and higher-ranking officers said in a survey that the intense pressure to produce annual crime reductions led some supervisors and precinct commanders to manipulate crime statistics, according to two criminologists studying the department.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/nyregion/07crime.html?_r=0

COMPSTAT numbers have been flawed since it was implemented.

Last edited:

More than a hundred retired New York Police Department captains and higher-ranking officers said in a survey that the intense pressure to produce annual crime reductions led some supervisors and precinct commanders to manipulate crime statistics, according to two criminologists studying the department.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/nyregion/07crime.html?_r=0

COMPSTAT numbers have been flawed since it was implemented.

So we're indulging in intellectual dishonesty b?

examples of what the researchers believe was a periodic practice among some precinct commanders and supervisors: checking eBay, other Web sites, catalogs or other sources to find prices for items that had been reported stolen that were lower than the value provided by the crime victim. They would then use the lower values to reduce reported grand larcenies — felony thefts valued at more than $1,000, which are recorded as index crimes under CompStat — to misdemeanors, which are not, the researchers said.

Others also said that precinct commanders or aides they dispatched sometimes went to crime scenes to persuade victims not to file complaints or to urge them to change their accounts in ways that could result in the downgrading of offenses to lesser crimes, the researchers said.

U added a racial component to a story that didn't have one :smh:

That times article is NYPD padding their stats on lowering crime... Not discrimination against minorities.

I didn't add a racial component.

You're just too dense to realize that my point is that COMPSTAT numbers are not to be used to support any argument on the crime rate going down.

Can you deny that the article says that COMPSTAT numbers are flawed?

Last edited:
At the heart of the Floyd case are statistics showing that the city conducted an astounding 4.4 million stops between January 2004 and June 2012. Of these, only 6 percent resulted in arrests and 6 percent resulted in summonses. In other words, 88 percent of the 4.4 million stops resulted in no further action — meaning a vast majority of those stopped were doing nothing wrong. More than half of all people stopped were frisked, yet only 1.5 percent of frisks found weapons. In about 83 percent of cases, the person stopped was black or Hispanic, even though the two groups accounted for just over half the population.

The city has consistently said that the disparity was justified because minority citizens commit more crimes. But Judge Scheindlin trenchantly rejected this argument. As she pointed out, “this reasoning is flawed because the stopped population is overwhelmingly innocent — not criminal. There is no basis for assuming that an innocent population shares the same characteristics as the criminal suspect population in the same area.”

The evidence clearly showed that the police carried out more stops on black and Hispanic residents even when other relevant factors were controlled for, and officers were more likely to use force against minority residents even though stops of minorities were less likely to result in weapons seizures than stops of whites.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/13/opinion/racial-discrimination-in-stop-and-frisk.html?_r=0

Stop and frisk was racist overall. The "they only targeted high crime areas" would hold weight if they were catching folk like crazy, or that in low crime areas the racial demographics of the people stopped match the neighborhood. So even if you look at rich neighborhoods, I bet minorities would be over represented as well.

Last edited:
I didn't add a racial component.

You're just to dense to realize that my point is that COMPSTAT numbers are not to be used to support any argument on the crime rate going down.

Can you deny that the article says that COMPSTAT numbers are flawed?

Compstat works when its not manipulated with.

You're citing articles about people corrupting da look better on paper..

There was no racial component anywhere in that entire article, which was ur initial assessment, that its racially discriminatory..

Meanwhile in da same article it says..

CompStat had been a valuable management innovation. And even few department critics would seriously dispute that the city is much safer than it was in the early 1990s, with murders cut by nearly 80 percent and with neighborhoods, from the notoriously violent to the largely affluent, transformed

Back
Top Bottom