***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Now for some serious adult discussion...

I found this very interesting:

libresco-trumpvoters-1.png

It fits what I've always thought about the difference between Catholics and Evangelicals.

It is a small difference and much of it could be explained by education and minority percentage (Evangelicals are more likely to be white and uneducated), but the trend is clear and indicates a fundamental difference in how the two sides of Christianity approach politics and social issues.

edit: a little disappointing that it's limited to "white" evangelicals. but is there anything else?

Last edited:
yo Belgium boy, maybe you need to Understand da complexities that is da English language to understand context, satire, sarcasm and an already premise.

i mean lemme guess, ya only get sarcasm when Oliver & Bill Maher spoon feeding it? :lol:
You're ignoring the question that was asked by arguing against a point that wasn't asked.
Do you know what da complexities of da English language call that? A straw man.
The question isn't about da Donald's quote of today, it's asking you in a general sense how you distinguish which statements/policies are serious or not serious/trolling.

Last edited:
Murphy was preaching...

Repubs expected to hear a mention of every issue on day 1 of the DNC... as the days go by.. its clear the DNC had a gameplan and arent just rambling from point to point ...speaker to speaker.

This convention has a flow and is so much more coherent

how many times to i gotta tell folks Trump was laying a JOKE to be provocative with da press to take off da light from Bill?

its not that hard to catch it :lol:

especially when there's nothing to hack anymore (unless Russian been did that, and Joke turns into more Clinton/DNC Eff ups. )

I'm more ok with established soft collusion with people in your own party for a primary election than I am with even just the threat of collusion with a foreign enemy.

Can we acknowledge that Dems don't really care about the NatSec issues regarding Clinton's server? She's been lying about it for so long and it was brushed off as R witchhunt for the past year. The problem is that it threatens the security of her political campaign now.

I can say that and recognize Trump said something no Presidential candidate should say.

No doubt Hillary was incompetent and reckless by having a home based email server to bypass security protocols. Anyone that has ever known someone with (or held) a security clearance could attest to this!

Everyone should read the statement made by the FBI director.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

Here are the 5 LIES that Clinton was caught with;

1. “allowed by the State Department,”

2. Predecessors had similar record keeping practices

3. Private server was never hacked

4. Just a “security review” and “everyone else has” cooperated

5. No classified emails were ever sent on her home server

Now should she be charged? Maybe... maybe not... hell none of us here know the details of the investigation and how it affected national security and unless the actual investigation is available online for us to analyze, we just have to take the FBI's word.

What's crazy is now that Clinton and Trump have been appointed as their party's nominee, they will start getting those security briefings from the NSA.

My worry is will Trump talk about classified intelligence? Most likely YES cause he can't stop talking.

And also can Clinton be entrusted with these intelligence briefings?

I can only hope Obama goes off tonight and reassure the Nation that this country will be safe under Hillary's watch!

I'm familiar w/ the investigation, Comey's statements, as well as the Congressional hearings. I'm not saying she should have been charged for it. If there was a strong enough case, Comey would have taken it. He could not afford to recommend charges here without a home run case, for many reasons. Still, he purposefully gave that statement and wanted to do the hearing.

I worry about a candidate that has a history of handling classified info recklessly in her role as SoS being promoted to Commander in Chief, I was in this thread saying that weeks ago. I have concerns w/ Trump too, particularly his lack of depth in most policy and his way of alienating people.

My point is that many who would've said "nothing to see here" regarding the 30k emails, and her server in general, are now displaying major NatSec concern about Trump calling on Russia to release those very emails (if they have it).

Last edited:
Clinton's emails and the DNC's emails are not the same.

Trump is suggesting Russia hack the FBI to get Clinton's.
He is asking for a foreign government to commit espionage.

That is why people like Pence and Ryan and to comment

That would not make sense, because the FBI said they do not have those emails, could not retrieve it because it was wiped.

Stop playing coy. You know that comment was made in jest.

Stop playing coy. You know that comment was made in jest.
How do you know this? He said it and then tweeted it later. That's what I want to know how do you discern the real stupidity from the play stupidity? 

That would not make sense, because the FBI said they do not have those emails, could not retrieve it because it was wiped.

and server is destroyed...if they do have emails da server was hacked way before da joke.

Last edited:

Can we acknowledge that Dems don't really care about the NatSec issues regarding Clinton's server? She's been lying about it for so long and it was brushed off as R witchhunt for the past year. The problem is that it threatens the security of her political campaign now.

I can say that and recognize Trump said something no Presidential candidate should say.
No doubt Hillary was incompetent and reckless by having a home based email server to bypass security protocols. Anyone that has ever known someone with (or held) a security clearance could attest to this!

Everyone should read the statement made by the FBI director.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system
Here are the 5 LIES that Clinton was caught with;

1. “allowed by the State Department,”

2. Predecessors had similar record keeping practices

3. Private server was never hacked

4. Just a “security review” and “everyone else has” cooperated

5. No classified emails were ever sent on her home server

Now should she be charged? Maybe... maybe not... hell none of us here know the details of the investigation and how it affected national security and unless the actual investigation is available online for us to analyze, we just have to take the FBI's word.

What's crazy is now that Clinton and Trump have been appointed as their party's nominee, they will start getting those security briefings from the NSA.

My worry is will Trump talk about classified intelligence? Most likely YES cause he can't stop talking.

And also can Clinton be entrusted with these intelligence briefings?

I can only hope Obama goes off tonight and reassure the Nation that this country will be safe under Hillary's watch!
I'm familiar w/ the investigation, Comey's statements, as well as the Congressional hearings. I'm not saying she should have been charged for it. If there was a strong enough case, Comey would have taken it. He could not afford to recommend charges here without a home run case, for many reasons. Still, he purposefully gave that statement and wanted to do the hearing.

I worry about a candidate that has a history of handling classified info recklessly in her role as SoS being promoted to Commander in Chief, I was in this thread saying that weeks ago. I have concerns w/ Trump too, particularly his lack of depth in most policy and his way of alienating people.

My point is that many who would've said "nothing to see here" regarding the 30k emails, and her server in general, are now displaying major NatSec concern about Trump calling on Russia to release those very emails (if they have it).
Yes, Hillary was a damn fool and her decision with the private server was an awful one.  There's no denying that.  But she's also been raked over the coals for it AND she has acknowledged her mistake and apologized for it.  Do you REALLY think something like that is going to happen again should she be elected?  After the huge debacle (and rightly so) this has become, you really think she's just gonna be like "eff it....load up the private server"?  I gotta believe that as an intelligent woman, she's learned her lesson.  People make mistakes of varying degrees, but those mistakes don't negate all of the other positives that they bring to the table.  

Trump is a presidential candidate openly asking Russia to hack us.  Not much more explanation is needed to show how asinine that is.  

There's a bit of a difference with the two scenarios, IMO.  

Again, Trump telling Russia to hack us doesn't make any sense. We do not have those emails. The FBI never even saw them, they were wiped beyond retrieval.

The only way Russia could have those emails is if they hacked her in the past, around when she was Sec of State.

Again, Trump telling Russia to hack us doesn't make any sense. We do not have those emails. The FBI never even saw them, they were wiped beyond retrieval.

The only way Russia could have those emails is if they hacked her in the past, around when she was Sec of State.
A lot of things he says don't make sense though.  The logistics of the situation have nothing to do with the intent behind his message.  

I mean, he said it twice so why am I to NOT believe he was serious?  

A lot of things he says don't make sense though.  The logistics of the situation have nothing to do with the intent behind his message.  

I mean, he said it twice so why am I to NOT believe he was serious?  
Nobody laughed the 1st time so he had to make sure they heard it properly.

Back
Top Bottom