***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Just wondering what's the insurance situation like out there.

As we start seeing more frequent "once every 100-yr" natural disasters, I think this is becoming a legit question to ask.
My wife and I bought our first condo in the city of Orange, near where there were some huge wildfires a handful of years before. When we went to insure it, we were turned down on fire insurance by two different companies. So, I imagine it’s pretty bad now (we've since moved to Costa Mesa).

This summer/fall should be a bad fire season with all the blooms from the rain drying out quickly.

Outside of selecting Supreme Court nominees and tax cuts Presidents have very little impact on domestic policy. This is a nice soundbite for idiots that will be fooled, but this is a nonstarter according to our constitution

Shaman OUT

IMG_3457.jpeg

Just wondering what's the insurance situation like out there.

As we start seeing more frequent "once every 100-yr" natural disasters, I think this is becoming a legit question to ask.

fires aren't necessarily natural disasters like earthquakes, but yeah it's been pretty bad the last few years. and then all the growth right now from the crazy rainfall over the winter...

Shaman OUT

IMG_3457.jpeg
I went to Texas in April to visit some friends from college. It was great they drove me around their towns of Mcallen and San Antonio and kept telling me I need to move down there, that Texas was all right and the crazies was overrated. Which made sense since everyone seemed normal. Now being a New Yorker I had to eventually call a Uber to get me to my plane because neither friend could accommodate me with that final ride.

The Uber driver was the first full blown Qanon I ever met.

She was a white woman in her 50’s and she after a bit of small talk she opened up and told me that JFK, Michael Jackson, and Princess Diana were not dead. How Trump found hundreds of miles of underground bunkers used to store kidnapped children. Also how Trump had access to satellites that could shoot lasers from space and kill his enemies. That the revolution was going to happen led by generals loyal to Trump. She also told me she hasn’t paid taxes in five years and I shouldn’t either. I am sure she kept the more racist stuff to herself because her passenger was black but I know she believed those too. She was a true believer.

She then told me how her life was rough, she had been sexually abused as a child, felt like she was alone, being taken advantage of by society, and that her son was addicted to opioids and I finally got it. Qanon is a religion. These people are hopeless dregs of society and they think Trump will reward them for their loyalty by lifting them up to something better than the **** they have for lives.

It’s all a grift, and this ******* was a priest of that grift, and I’m glad he died because he was taking advantage of hopeless people with low IQ’s. Feeding them hate of others, so they could ignore the fact they hated themselves. I don’t feel any sympathy for Qanon’s, but meeting one really highlighted to me that like everything else with Trump it relies on grifting suckers. The deplorables as Hillary called them was accurate, but they have always been deplorable. This was generational ****, and very American. I could imagine her people would be the type that would go dancing with poisonous snakes while praising Jesus.

Anyhow I am not moving to Texas… but I do understand it more. In NY Qanon’s are people who are unhinged and always give off the vibe they are unloved. In Texas they are just the people who can make it under rugged individualism. Qanon finds the broken outcast and promises revenge against their neighbors that are making it. State by state they might be different but the stories are probably all the same.

Back
Top Bottom