***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Hamas made it worse for every Palestinian just as much as the Israeli politicians.

But you say “for good measure”. Listen to yourself.

You get called out for spouting lies again and this is your response? Some unrelated propaganda sound bite. Utterly embarrassing.

You're so desperate to lay this solely at the feet of Hamas. While they obviously deserve their share of the blame, by your logic that must mean that this all started when Hamas came to power right? The disproportionate killing of civilians, the illegal seizing of land, the stripping of rights and freedoms in their own land.

Take a look at this graph from the UN and why don't you tell me exactly when Hamas came to power.

be07c80cda4579468525734800500272_image1.GIF

You get called out for spouting lies again and this is your response? Some unrelated propaganda sound bite. Utterly embarrassing.

You're so desperate to lay this solely at the feet of Hamas. While they obviously deserve their share of the blame, by your logic that must mean that this all started when Hamas came to power right? The disproportionate killing of civilians, the illegal seizing of land, the stripping of rights and freedoms in their own land.

Take a look at this graph from the UN and why don't you tell me exactly when Hamas came to power.

be07c80cda4579468525734800500272_image1.GIF

did I miss something, can you please quote where he said that only Hamas is to blame?

The hate is already so built up in some posters in this thread. Reading comprehension is gone.

Unless you flat out say you’re Pro-Palestine or Pro-Hamas, everything else will just be called out.

They both get off on seeing each others people blown up to smitherings.

Israel wants land by any means and Palestine wants blood no matter the cost.

They both get off on seeing each others people blown up to smitherings.

Israel wants land by any means and Palestine wants blood no matter the cost.

yah don't think it's this simple.

at this point I really think Hamas wants this to go on forever.
Who needs terrorist organizations in peace time?

I don't actually think the average palestinan on the ground wants "blood no matter the cost"

and right wing Israelis politicians also benefit from having the constant threat to generate support from the populace.
you can look at the polling and see that the settlements are pretty controversial and def don't have support amongst younger Isreali's

so yah I don't think it's as simple as land vs blood.

Can someone explain the turn Nancy Mace took? Or is it just a product of being part of the GOP swamp?

She was touted as this amazing centrist, but it seems she's balls deep in the ****ery :lol:

I apologize for not commenting sooner but I have all notifications turned off, I am trying to keep this as one of the few online spaces where things move slowly unlike the VC backed online spaces that insist that you engage with it all of the time.

I was not looking to create a theory of morality of how wars should be conducted. I was mostly just going off of what I was thinking and feeling watching coverage of the events in the Near East.

To clarify, I am not justifying whatever violence that Hamas committed is justified nor do I believe that Israelis who are tortured and raped and kidnaped deserve what happened to them. I would say that culpability does not lie with Hamas, or Israeli people, or the Israeli government, or even the US, it falls on an international system that believes that some people must live at other's expense.

Any society that believes that some people's humanity is worth more than another's, will always be unstable and violent. It is the fount of all violence and threats of violence. Israelis generally live at the expense of Palestinians. What happened at the Israeli-Gazan border was an extreme example of people at one end of the world's value-dispensing spectrum and those at the extreme opposite being placed in close proximity.

Those who's lives matter the most in our international system, have the greatest ability to use social, political, economic, and financial coercion in order to commit atrocities in a way that is fairly unspectacular compared the ancient atrocities of murder, rape, and kidnapping.

War is the act of one entity trying to break the will of another. When one entity can break the opposing entity's will with media friendly, unspectacular ways, it will do so. The other, weaker entity will retaliate in ways that will offend polite, international opinion. This is because polite, international opinion cannot imagine death through media-friendly means but it can imagine being murdered or raped or kidnapped so it condemns what Hamas does but ignores similar horrors that have been unleashed by the West. Making a big distinction between touch and no-touch terror serves the interests of the powerful. And this is currently a more academic discussion for us here in North America but it will become a far more practical discussion in the near future as climate change will cause dozens of Gaza like setups to become established through out the world. When you decide that some people's lives matter a lot, and others do not matter at all and you put them in close proximity and use fences and media-friendly routine terror to control the open air prison, you have turned the civilians who live and are allowed to thrive just outside the prison walls into unwitting prison guards, and they should expect horrible reprisals when the most aggrieved and most radicalized people are able to break out of the open air prison.

In short either we abolish hierarchy or hierarchy will ultimately abolish all of us.

did I miss something, can you please quote where he said that only Hamas is to blame?

Let's see. He called out Israel as not terrorists, just corrupt. He's made multiple posts containing nothing but calling out Hamas language while staying completely silent on his side calling their enemies dogs, beasts, and animals.

Should I go on?

Last edited:
Can someone explain the turn Nancy Mace took? Or is it just a product of being part of the GOP swamp?

She was touted as this amazing centrist, but it seems she's balls deep in the ****ery :lol:
She was always a deplorable fam. She is typical GOP which is self over everything. She is one of the leading voices to impeach Joey, yet she claims to be pro choice. Yet, she voted for a Republican bill restricting abortion access and said she did it because the Senate would reject it anyway. She built her platform off of believing survivors of sexual assault (she's a survivor herself) yet when confronted with the verifiable allegations against Gym Jordan and what he allowed to happen, she claims she didn't know but he still gets her vote for speaker.

The hate is already so built up in some posters in this thread. Reading comprehension is gone.

Unless you flat out say you’re Pro-Palestine or Pro-Hamas, everything else will just be called out.

This is rich coming from a guy that routinely posts outright lies and then refuses to engage further when he's found out and then instead resorts to wild accusations and non related pro Israel propaganda. FOH.

George Santos got hit with a 23 count indictment

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scamtos gotta hop on the "Wire Fraud Tutorial" remix now.

Back
Top Bottom