Official Prey (Predator 5-ish) - Straight to Hulu/Disney+ Aug. 8, 2022

Was thinking that in all of the landscape shots. Felt almost disrespectful this is only direct to Hulu :smh:

I generally hate OP Mary-Sue type chicks but Naru was a Comanche chick who had examples of how she was pretty cunning. Plus, her bro was pretty legit too, so she’s gotta have some skill.

So I can suspend the disbelief that someone the size of a Ronda Rousey can take down a Brock Lesnar-type beast with futuristic weapons…kinda. She’s at least more believable than half of the other guys that have killed Predators before. That’s not even debatable:lol:

The Predator brand is in the mud after AVP and The Predator.

The tie in just to have to a tie in didn't make sense as it's established in the comics how that happened.

Just watched this yesterday and all I can say it was very very good. Whole time I’m thinking the predator was doing all the mortal kombat fatalities I wish that last trash movie was allowed to do and show lol.

Weak as **** :smh:
30CA3B8B-D017-43D2-A069-5889C963355A.gif

What do you mean?

She took his mask, which has the 3 dots that aim the arrows he has (this is pre-plasma cannon), and set him up for the dots to aim at him when he fired, since they are auto guiding. She was pretty smart with that.

He doesn’t know how his aiming system works?

Like why would he shoot without his helmet?

He doesn’t know how his aiming system works?

Like why would he shoot without his helmet?

Spray and pray basically…He did it in the fight with Naru’s brother too…Once he loses his mask he just lets the bolts fly and he might get lucky with a hit at close range…

In the fight with Naru he didn’t even know she took his mask…He had no idea where his targeting system was aimed, let alone that it was aimed at his head…She set the trap for him, just like Dutch set the trap for that Predator in the first movie…At that point he could just let the bolts fly and he might get lucky with a hit 🤷‍♂️

Plus they call this guy a “feral” Predator for a reason…His whole approach is more berserker than it is cunning hunter like in the OG movie…More Viking than Navy Seal so to speak…Every fight he had in this movie he took damage, mostly because he just rushes in head first with not semblance of a plan…Him not being aware of his targeting system pointed at his head fits perfectly with the type of approach he took with him in every single fight…Made total sense…

May I ask what were you expecting? It was way more bloody than the last, Predators, and the sequel. Might be more than the OG. For what it was I thought it was great.

This felt like a level above a sci fi channel movie. If they wanted to go the Native American route, I felt they could’ve made the characters act less like 21st century white Americans.

Even the Comache version didn’t hit. This felt like 10000 BC the movie.

The Predator brand is in the mud after AVP and The Predator.

The tie in just to have to a tie in didn't make sense as it's established in the comics how that happened.

I was familiar with the flintlock and Raphael story and I know the guy who made the prop for the film isn’t very happy over how it was portrayed either.

But I guess it didn’t bother me because just like Star Wars, comic canon is never really set in stone and is just “there” until a movie or show overwrites it. But I completely understand and can’t disagree that particular tie-in need more gravitas instead of just being shoehorned in like say, Han Solo’s dice or something. I get it.

The wrist watch grenade that the predator used to blow up the french guys... was that the same one they use to commit suicide if they lost a battle?

It was ok 🤷‍♂️

I think people have lower standards for what they stream versus what they leave their house and go pay for.

Preferred Predators over this

The wrist watch grenade that the predator used to blow up the french guys... was that the same one they use to commit suicide if they lost a battle?

They are different. The one the Predator used in the original was set to kill everything within a certain radius with the power of a nuclear bomb, hence the mushroom cloud when the Huey was flying in looking for Dutch.

This one was a trap for those in the small radius and it killed them with some sort of flying disks that popped up to kill those near it and didn't have anywhere near the power of the one from the original. I hope that made sense 🙂👍

They are different. The one the Predator used in the original was set to kill everything within a certain radius with the power of a nuclear bomb, hence the mushroom cloud when the Huey was flying in looking for Dutch.

This one was a trap for those in the small radius and it killed them with some sort of flying disks that popped up to kill those near it and didn't have anywhere near the power of the one from the original. I hope that made sense 🙂👍

Yeah, that weapon was basically three of this at once.

XxTNjZ.gif

Spray and pray basically…He did it in the fight with Naru’s brother too…Once he loses his mask he just lets the bolts fly and he might get lucky with a hit at close range…

In the fight with Naru he didn’t even know she took his mask…He had no idea where his targeting system was aimed, let alone that it was aimed at his head…She set the trap for him, just like Dutch set the trap for that Predator in the first movie…At that point he could just let the bolts fly and he might get lucky with a hit 🤷‍♂️

Not buying that they are smart enough to create technology to space travel and create and use sophisticated weapons with short range targeting systems to not know his helmet is targeting system was locked on him.

That man ain’t got a toggle for free firing?

He could just be stupid. We create amazing things and loads of people don’t know how to use them effectively.

I thought I was the only one. The quality of this movie was entirely too good for Hulu. :lol:

I ain't even mad.
Nah when Disney bought fox, they decided to just send fox entire slate to streaming instead of going forward with theatrical releases.

So it sucks for the director and actors that they were promised a theatrical release only to be shoved to the side

I liked it but I can’t respect the way he was killed.

That made 0 sense.
To be fair, this predator was an idiot and not really all that without his gadgets. Taabe was whooping that *** so bad he had to cloak and cheat.

Also you gotta realize that for the most part, predator all these years have been fighting stupid jocks and idiots. An experienced hunter and warrior tribe would def give him problems. Arnold’s crew were idiots with heavy guns who also had no lay of the land.

If you take away the predators cloaking and targeting gun, they ain’t ****

predators basically legally blind. They can barely ever see anything without the infrared scanner on their helmets.

Back
Top Bottom