Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
i wish you could get a hunting wagon in single player

it would also be cool if you could recruit the gang members at camp to go do activities with you
sometimes they'll ask you if you want to go hunting or rustling, or rob a house. What if Arthur can go up to them ask them to go do those things, ask Charles to go hunting big game, take the girls into town to have them swindle guys at the saloons etc...

Last edited:
i wish you could get a hunting wagon in single player

it would also be cool if you could recruit the gang members at camp to go do activities with you
sometimes they'll ask you if you want to go hunting or rustling, or rob a house. What if Arthur can go up to them ask them to go do those things, ask Charles to go hunting big game, take the girls into town to have them swindle guys at the saloons etc...

That would be dope as hell, wouldn't be surprised if they somehow integrated this into GTA6.

I'm back in single player mode, not touching online until the next major update. still on Chapter 3. Did a stagecoach robbery with Bill then turned around and did one with sean. Then went to St Denis and got heckled by those kids which led to me running up a $500 bounty in the area, which is fine because I'm trying to get that trophy where you hold bounties in all 3 states for like 3 days. I'm trying to do the Hamish/ widow missions, since on my first playthrough i didn't do them with arthur, just not sure when they actually pop up.

Playing with no honor. After that whole St Denis fiasco I decided to do ONE main mission and it just so happened it was the one where you meet with Colm with Dutch and Micah to "bury the hatchet." Totally forgot you get kidnapped and gotta escape, so after I make it back to camp and your able to go out again, Dutch really had the nerve to hit me with that "I haven't seen you donate in awhile son, your the best of us, blah blah"

I was legit heated

Haven’t even started online, finished the story and getting gold in the missions for the gold rush trophy. Gonna hunt every animal after to get the grindy trophies out the way. After that I’ll do online and clean up the leftover trophies if I wind up doing all that.

On my 3rd playthrough

I’m still on ch2. I ended up hunting all the legendary animals except the gator and panther since those are locked. Crafted some talismans and finished all the treasure hunting quests so I’m sitting on racks but i bought everything I possibly can and got a few nice weapons early

I crafted the last satchel and got me that dapple Fox trotter

Idk what else to do

On my 3rd playthrough

I’m still on ch2. I ended up hunting all the legendary animals except the gator and panther since those are locked. Crafted some talismans and finished all the treasure hunting quests so I’m sitting on racks but i bought everything I possibly can and got a few nice weapons early

I crafted the last satchel and got me that dapple Fox trotter

Idk what else to do
You did all that in chapter 2?

yessir. Legit soon as I got to that camp. I left right away and did all that.

think I might make a separate save file in case I want to come back to chapter 2 in the future. I hate chapter 1
Nice. I made a seperate save file in chapter 3 to get the home robbery trophy later on and companion trophy. Should’ve done so in chapter 2 :smh:

I just started chapter 3 and I just returned the missing boy to the group at our house/camp. The gang is now celebrating the boys return so the game isn’t allowing me to select missions. What do I have to do to be able to play missions again?

just thought of this, always keeps a fresh save of at the point when you first settle into Horseshoe Overlook. That way if you want to start a new playthrough you don't have to go through the whole tutorial chapter. I love the story part of that first chapter but I hate not being able to go as I please.

And a save before >endgame spoilers<
Arthur gets sick. It basically forces you to finish the game asap, which sucks because it's more fun to play as Arthur.

Maaaan. I keep looking at this on steam thinking about running through it again.

There's just so much about it a really don't like. The controls, mission structure, and other systems in the game bring the game down for me.

The world itself is good enough to perhaps make up for that.

I just started chapter 3 and I just returned the missing boy to the group at our house/camp. The gang is now celebrating the boys return so the game isn’t allowing me to select missions. What do I have to do to be able to play missions again?
Sleep

Nice. I made a seperate save file in chapter 3 to get the home robbery trophy later on and companion trophy. Should’ve done so in chapter 2 :smh:
I’m going to do that. I want more trophies but i just don’t have the patience to do the fishing and all those other collectibles :lol:

I’m going to do that. I want more trophies but i just don’t have the patience to do the fishing and all those other collectibles :lol:
The gold medal **** is annoying, I don’t think ima have the patience to hunt and skin every animal in the game but I’ll try.

The gold medal **** is annoying, I don’t think ima have the patience to hunt and skin every animal in the game but I’ll try.

replaying the missions for goldsounds like a painnnnnnnnnnnnn. They barely give you any supplies/items so it’s hard to use dead eye. That’s 1 thing I’m worried about

replaying the missions for goldsounds like a painnnnnnnnnnnnn. They barely give you any supplies/items so it’s hard to use dead eye. That’s 1 thing I’m worried about
It’s not that bad now cuz your updated character is used for replays. So I bought ten dead eye regens and it’s time consuming but not too bad. The animal hunting is going to be annoying

i'm trying find me one of the new horses, the Few Spotted Appaloosa, I saw one at a guys campsite but it took off and despawned after the owner started shooting at me

and i want to get this coat from Pearson, this one is hard to trigger

i'm not a completionist by any means, i don't go for golds and 100%
but there's just so much stuff to discover in this game you wind up being a completionist anyway

It’s not that bad now cuz your updated character is used for replays. So I bought ten dead eye regens and it’s time consuming but not too bad. The animal hunting is going to be annoying

Finally! I guess I tried before the update and just gave up. That’s dope. About time

nah, Arthur has to be at the point he is in that chapter for those missions to really hit
In the state he's in it really highlights that it's too late for him to have what these two characters offer,
a decent woman and an honorable father figure

Last edited:
Got around 54-55 gold medals, need about 15 more to get the trophy. Goddamn this is a grind. Some of those “easy” missions not that easy while the “hard” not so hard with dead eye. I don’t know if ima be able to hunt and study every animal in the game, that’s probably gonna take days :smh:

Back
Top Bottom