Official: Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread: Releasing 10-26-18

Which Console Will You Buy This Game For

• Total voters
Beat the game as in story. 5 plus hours left of story?
If you skip every side mission and just do required missions and skip all cutscenes maybe a little less. But there are two epilogue chapters that take up quite a bit of time but I don’t know what people’s opinions on those are whether they “count” or not. You got quite a bit of gaming left.

I mean if you’re literally playing 12+ hours you might complete it but you’re still a ways away from completing the story. Three chapters to go
I’m clearing out my backlog so I’m having gaming long seasons to kill my backlog. After I finish RD, I’m finishing OG Last of US.

Last edited:
I’m clearing out my backlog so I’m having gaming long seasons to kill my backlog. After I finish RD, I’m flattering OG Last of US.
I’m on my completionist **** right now, tryna plat everything I start so I don’t have to constantly uninstall and reinstall **** and/or buy new games

Just recounted my gold medals, might’ve had a miscount before, only up to 60 :smh:
got ten left if not a couple of more read it’s glitchy doesn’t pop potentially til70 and change :smh:

Finally got the gold medal trophy man that was time consuming. Also took care of the bounty trophy. I’ll access the rest of the game tomorrow. Maybe I’ll go for the 100% first or the animal hunting I’ll see

Recently got back into gaming.

I want to play this but haven't played the first.

Do I need to play the first or is this like GTA where they are completely different characters and storylines?

Yup if anything at this point you’d be better off playing rdr2 and then circling back to 1 afterwards. I might run back 1 at some point don’t remember too much of the story

Recently got back into gaming.

I want to play this but haven't played the first.

Do I need to play the first or is this like GTA where they are completely different characters and storylines?
the protagonist in part 2 is new but all the other main gang members including the protagonist from part 1 are in this game

i think the story in part 2 is more effective having played the first one. Some things you experience in this one won't be as meaningful without playing the first one first but RDR2 on it's own is still worth it. Maybe just watch a summary of the story of Part 1 on youtube before you play this one

Last edited:
Really excited to play this.

Ran out early to Walmart just for it.

Better late then never.

20200508_093142.jpg

this game is on Xbox Game Pass now. Xbox also has a 1 month Game Pass Ultimate Trial for $1 right now
great deal if you want to play this game without buying

Major Update coming July 28th to online

For Red Dead Online, players can expect a massive new update to arrive Tuesday, July 28th featuring a new Frontier Pursuit that will introduce players to the secrets of naturalism as part of an all-new Role, plus a new Outlaw Pass, tons of community-requested features and fixes, and much more to play and discover in the months to come.

bump and some more info on what the update actually is
RED DEAD ONLINE: THE NATURALIST NOW AVAILABLE
Track Legendary Animals, Wield New Weapons, and More
Track, hunt and study the wonders of the animal kingdom in Red Dead Online’s latest Frontier Pursuit, The Naturalist. Explore diverse locales, encounter majestic new Legendary Animals, and forge your own path as you choose whether to use these findings to learn new skills or bolster your resources and material gains.

Accomplished conservationist Harriet Davenport is looking for adventurers with an affinity for wildlife to help her track down specimens and further her extensive knowledge of the animals of the five states. Pursue these fascinating creatures in the wild, then cautiously sedate them to obtain samples for Harriet and be equitably rewarded.

At odds with Harriet’s mission to understand and preserve wildlife is the retired big game hunter Gus Macmillan, who will compensate you handsomely for your hunting skills. If your tastes favor fine clothing made from animal hides over the conservation of the natural world, Gus provides a wide range of options from the hauls you deliver. Be warned though, Harriet will take notice of your poaching activities if you try to play both sides of this quarrel.
1595951486193.jpeg

Assisting Harriet Davenport in her Naturalist efforts by obtaining samples without killing will earn unique rewards while tracking these creatures. Use the new Sedative Varmint Cartridges with the Varmint Rifle to sedate and sample, and savvy Naturalists can use Animal Reviver to ensure vulnerable animals are not left prone and endangered.

Delivering animal parts, skins, and hides to retired hunter Gus Macmillan will get you high quality garments and other unique items with special benefits. Take advantage of the notorious sportsman’s crafting and tailoring skills to obtain Legendary Animal Coats and other apparel, along with Animal Trinkets that bestow certain advantages.

Visit the Welcome Center in the town of Strawberry to meet up with both Harriet and Gus - and document your findings with the new Animal Field Guide - a compendium featuring the abundant species found across all of the frontier’s distinct habitats. Tracking, photographing, and sampling animals will add their information to your Animal Field Guide and progress you along the Naturalist role.

full details of the update including the new outlaw pass, legendary animals, and other activites

Back
Top Bottom