Official "Red Dead Redemption" post...The GTA of the wild west

Originally Posted by toine2983

Alright I have a couple of questions:

1.) Where the hell do you find boars besides Stillwater Creek? I need them for the Master Hunter level 4 ranking. I found and killed two boars at Stillwater (or more accurately they found me
laugh.gif
 ) but I haven't had any luck since. Even setting bait didn't help.

2.) For the bounty missions, how do distinguish the bounty from the members of his gang? I figured he would be a different color from his posse so he'd be easier to spot, but on my 1st bounty mission I couldn't tell and ended up killing everybody. I ask because I want to take the bounties alive to earn more money and also get scraps for the different outfits

3.) For the Sharpshooter challenge level 4 where you have to shoot birds from a moving train, where in the game does this opportunity present itself? I took the train with Ricketts to complete a mission and I figured that would be my opportunity to complete this challenge but all I could do was look around
1) North of McFarland Ranch. Cross the train tracks and climb a steep cliff and there will be some boars waiting for you.

2) I just peep the map first and shoot the closer ones first. The bounty usually runs towards the back but that's not always
    the case.

3) Ride the train and after it starts moving press triangle and you'll get up. The train will continue to move and walk to the
    end of a cart and jump to climb on top of the cart then you can start shooting.

im really thinking about buying this game but i have 2 questions

1. i dont buy games much so i look for longevity....is this game good time wise....(multiplayer preferred )

2. where can i get this game for the low

^Thanks Fallen and 916.

So that train ride with Rickets was my only opportunity to do that challenge? I'm in Mexico right now BTW.

When's the best time to look for boars by McFarland Ranch?

Also where's the best place to get that win 2000 poker chips trophy?

Originally Posted by toine2983

^Thanks Fallen and 916.

So that train ride with Rickets was my only opportunity to do that challenge? I'm in Mexico right now BTW.

When's the best time to look for boars by McFarland Ranch?

Also where's the best place to get that win 2000 poker chips trophy?
Nah, Whenever you see a train at station just hop on and take a seat. You can stay on a train for as long as you like. Look on your map and find the train and just meet up with it at the next stop.

Boars are usually active around day time.

Best place to get the poker trophy is Blackwater IMO. They're high bidders.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Any tips on playing horseshoe? I'm terrible at that game.~

Zoom in and have his finger pointing at the pole. Use the joystick to swing back and forth a couple times and you will notice on the meter it turns green. Practice and release the horseshoe when it turns green. The game for some reason isn't as hard at Mcfarlanes ranch

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Any tips on playing horseshoe? I'm terrible at that game.~
For PS3 hold L2 to get a better aim (it makes it so much easier), have it so that the pole is between the horseshoe.
Power wise I usually go 1/2 on the first swing and 1/3 on the release.

Finally cooped I'm helping the girl.tame horses. The only good missions.is with the Marshall. Please tellme its gets better than this. How do you start the.sharpshooter challenges and the.hunting challenges. I've been shooting birds out of the sky. Im tottally not paying attention. Not a splinter cell and assasians creed.but will do.

if you guys hate watching the cut scene while cutting a animal just

park your horse on  the animal get off press triangle and you will get the skin and

skip the cut-scene

Does anyone think some of the RDR characters are related to past (current time) GTA characters?

For some reason Irish reminds me of the McReary clan... but then again he's just Irish....
Then that Escuella dude and Manny Escuela. Idk

O_O what if the next GTA is in New Austin but present time? Sorry I just got off work and my mind is just working overtime

This is why the world is weird now, except 16 years ago it would be cyberpunk to go back to the wild west in a video game. need to come to grips with the whole 30s thing, sorry everyone..

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

O_O what if the next GTA is in New Austin but present time? Sorry I just got off work and my mind is just working overtime
That would be ill or maybe for a couple missions you go to New Austin (Present day)

Nice little Easter egg
pimp.gif

Someone with a R* connect pass this idea along 

I've been trying to get the $5000 bounty trophy... but everytime I get to like $1400, the Feds start going ham on me.

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

That would be ill or maybe for a couple missions you go to New Austin (Present day)

Nice little Easter egg
pimp.gif

Someone with a R* connect pass this idea along 

pimp.gif
Good idea, I was hoping for London or Tokyo for the next GTA, but this would be cool too.
have the Marston bloodline still in the town or a town named after John Marston

Originally Posted by doyung9

I've been trying to get the $5000 bounty trophy... but everytime I get to like $1400, the Feds start going ham on me.

I got that achievement, It took me like 20 minutes to complete but all I did was ride around Blackwater killing people and waiting for the people to regenerate so I could start all over again

the new patch is horrible.... gang hideouts don't dish out enough XP anymore. im one trophy away from platinum and i dont have the patience to keep doin hideouts like 500 times in order to get the platinum trophy. i used to get at least 2500 points off solomon's folly... after the patch, the most i get is 500. SMH

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

im really thinking about buying this game but i have 2 questions

1. i dont buy games much so i look for longevity....is this game good time wise....(multiplayer preferred )

2. where can i get this game for the low

Back
Top Bottom