Official Reebok Kamikaze II Thread AKA "Reignmans"

The RTA's just have glue issues period (whether we are talking about the all star version or original). Don't be surprised if you get a pair like that. 

my tracking number still only says order processed, but my ups my choice says tomorrow 
mines still says just that the label has been printed, so I'm good. I'm guessing I'll get them Friday or so since I'm only upstate

Thinking about white laces on these, gonna cop for sure

Last edited:
how bad is the glue issues on the RTAs? I got 3 other colorways of the 2s and none have glue issues

What can I tell you, they have all the support in the world from me, but the way they are acting lately...Plus I am really not paying top money for kicks anymore, looking back in the last 2-3 years I can definitely find better way to spend those thousands of dollars I dropped, anything none OG is going to be obtained under and around $60.

I love the mixing they did on them so it's a sure buy for me. Maybe they'll do the neon orange colorway too!

It's kind of funny that some on here criticized Reebok about steering away from the pump in the mid 90's and early 2k, but yet don't like them "putting a pump on everything now". It makes no sense to me the complaints regarding the Questions and Kamikaze 2 that have the pump now. If Reebok would have stayed with the pump, those shoes would have had that to start with. C'mon folks....

Maybe you were not around at that time, but that is not true at all. When the Kamikaze l and ll came out there were plenty of shoes with Pump, but models for Kemp were never intended to have one. As for the Question, I do feel that is should have been outfitted with it from the get go. 

Yeah I was around at the time. I'm 31. The Kamikaze is a sig, so it wouldn't be farfetched for it to have a pump. The silhouette fits the pump better than the questions in my opinion. I can see the rails and the shaqnosis with one. The latter had one for Shaq anyway. I don't really consider these sigs as hybrids with the pump. That's just me

The Shaqnosis had a Pump, just not in the US market. As for being signature, not all signature kicks had pumps, there are top athletes that usually get all the technology and there are less famous athletes that get some of it, not much difference even today and on top of that we have the personal preferences of the player himself when it comes to support, look, cushioning and so on.

In this line of thoughts, AI was looked upon as the new top tier athlete for Reebok, the one that stepped in Shaq's shoes, since the relationship between Shaq and Reebok was falling apart by 96-97 and it was just a meter of time, that's why I thought the Question would have been better with Pump system, but we know at the time they drastically changed the strategy and almost forgot all the "old" technology and moved to the DMX, which in my personal opinion was the big mistake and ultimately marked the end of the brand. 

Last edited:
It's kind of funny that some on here criticized Reebok about steering away from the pump in the mid 90's and early 2k, but yet don't like them "putting a pump on everything now". It makes no sense to me the complaints regarding the Questions and Kamikaze 2 that have the pump now. If Reebok would have stayed with the pump, those shoes would have had that to start with. C'mon folks....

I'll be the first to say I wouldn't't like a pump on everything. I'm 38 and I've seen retros 2,3,4,5x over. Just like I wouldn't want an air max window on every Nike, just because it's there doesn't mean it should be used on everything. I enjoy a lot of Reebok's models both with and without a pump. Verticals and Court Victorys are among my favorites. So are the Blast and Kamikaze 1. Variety within the brand, to me is what makes the brand. I do like the OG Sonic and RTA K2's but I've never been a die hard for the model in general. But I would pick them up without second guessing between those and say a pair KD 7's, because at least I can link the K2 model to my own personal history. Just like the White /Azure Shaq 1's will forever be immortalized, so too should the pearlized blue toe Question 1's, both in its original released form.

Last edited:
Agreed with what people are saying about variety. I think one of the issues here about "Pump on everything" isn't that people don't like the tech (obviously we do!), or that some older models don't suit it (@trentbg made a solid argument about the Question & Pump), but that there are so many models NOT being brought back (at least that we know about - goodness knows Reebok are not the best at actually letting the consumer know things!).

Then you add the fact that the "new" retro this year is apparently the Rafter, and we're left bemused at getting hybrid-esque shoes and no top line '80s or '90s basketball retros. I love the Ventilator, and will no doubt buy a few of the many models due in 2015. But I would love to see more of the basketball silhouettes like the Swingman (which was apparently planned but has disappeared), the Icepick (yes, I know I bang on about this model too much!) and the other Blacktop models we were going to be getting (anyone have any word on these at all?).

^Great point. And as I scoured Reebok.com for a deal , I run across the Furylite, which to me is a hybrid model and shell of its true Fury form that doesn't look right without a pump.

Last edited:

Naw not everything would have the pump that would be overload

Still dont understand why they would put the pump on the k2. Them shoes are snug enough already

Naw not everything would have the pump that would be overload

Still dont understand why they would put the pump on the k2. Them shoes are snug enough already

That's the whole issue NK, the Kami II was never designed to have a Pump. They are just doing this to capitalize on the slight 'Pump' resurgence and milk as much money out of the Kami II mold.

It's the equivalent of Nike sticking the visible, full length Air Max units on the Air Force 1 just to raise the price tag to 'Supreme' levels - the actual Air Max tech was useless.

In any case I'm not gonna get these but if cats want 'em and it ensures that for every hybrid/whack joint that gets dropped we get at least ONE new retro from their back catalog then so be it.

Is anyone else still missing a tracking confirmation email? I only got 1 outta 2 and that 1 isn't my size, I ordered that one by mistake thinking I had my size as I ordered on my phone.

Back
Top Bottom