Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

No to the elites, remind me of foot binding 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by The Connoisseur

I find the lukewarm reaction to the Elites really interesting. It wasn't long ago sneakerheads would flip when a pair of kicks had even a hint of carbon fiber. Now, Nike has found a way to use lots of it very prominently on a shoe, and many dudes aren't that impressed! Maybe CF is finally considered played-out! 

I also get the impression some dudes in this thread wanted bolder colours. Fair enough......but after all the wild colourways we've seen in the 9's, what's really left?? An all-yellow pair maybe? Not every shoe can be the Big Bangs. Sometimes less is more. I actually think the detailing on these is completely sick. There's something to be said for clean, classic, refined designs, and that seems to be what they're aiming for here.

As far as the price goes........should a pair of kicks ever cost $250? Of course not! But I understand why they're priced that way. Molding carbon fiber into a shoe's upper is not cheap or easy. And we're not just paying for Nike's materials, but their time. I imagine a pretty big team of designers spent a lot of R & D creating these. And of course, time is money. So Nike wants to recoup that investment. 

And there is no way the Elites will sit. Nike wouldn't create enough of them for that to happen. Not for $250. Sneaker hype is at an all-time high right now, so if hardcore heads pass on these, more casual collectors and resellers will be there to scoop them up. Sad, but true.

Sorry for such a long post. I've been lurking on this thread (best thread on NT) for awhile, and I finally couldn't resist putting my two cents on the table.

Great way to chime in!

I'm with you 100% on this..

I think this is the beginning for shoes of this caliber to be in this price range!
At one point almost 30 years ago it was unheard of for shoes to be $100.. now that's pretty much a steal these days.
In another 30 years 250 just maybe the norm for a pair of sneaks and 350 maybe the retail price for the 2042 Elite whatevers
People tend to forget that everything is relative to the times!

Originally Posted by anwagbo3000

I wonder how well the Elite's perform on court, for $250.00, I would assume well....

Just looking at them, I dont think they are gonna improve the playing experience much. They look like they have less support and I cant tell about the traction, it looks similar to Kobe IIIs traction pattern

Su12_BB_LeBron9_516958_001_OUT_large-580x414.jpg

nike-zoom-kobe-3-all-star-13.jpg

Originally Posted by locobaby

UNDS my swingmans today. Actually had an old LRG shirt that went well with the CW.

on the fence about the elites....
that picture is dope. the shoes look really good too. i wish i had the red laces in mine but ndc didnt send me any. it makes them really pop in this picture.

every time I see the SM's in pictures, it looks different than when I look at them at home. I guess the light really makes difference in whether the look dark or lighter blue

broke out my swingmans today... had a lot of compliments and broke several necks... the light really does make them change colors

The Elites are sooo @*$*@%+ tough,especially the away ones 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Just wish the price was lower,they're more expensive than a pair of foams 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BRoOkLyN x KinG

the away elites are kinda like a poor mans Watch The Thrones

Poor mans WTT's? The quality on the Elites looks head and shoulders better and they look like they'd be amazing to hoop in. The BHM's looked like poor mans WTT's.

ELITES LOOK GOOD BUT NOT $250 GOOD. IF A SOUTH BEACH, RED CARPET, OR ANY OTHER HOT COLORWAY RELEASES IN THE ELITES THEN I WILL FOR SURE COP A PAIR.

IF NOT, THEN PASS.

The elites look generic as hell super easy pass on my behalf. I guess more the merrier for the dudes that don't know what to do with their money.

I like the Black/Gold Elites. Not sure about the cutoff end of the swoosh and sideways logo on the heel tab. Not bad though.

Lebron 9 Irish, the Away color..Crazy!1 Still SMH that I didnt see those when they release.. Ill catch them on the next round...

Elites are pretty cool I guess but not feeling the Huarache window in the ankle and I'm wondering why they cut the swoosh off like that on the lateral side.
Pull tab is one of my favorite parts though.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

ELITES LOOK GOOD BUT NOT $250 GOOD. IF A SOUTH BEACH, RED CARPET, OR ANY OTHER HOT COLORWAY RELEASES IN THE ELITES THEN I WILL FOR SURE COP A PAIR.

IF NOT, THEN PASS.

QFT, def not feeling them enough for that price

Back
Top Bottom