Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by The Connoisseur

I find the lukewarm reaction to the Elites really interesting. It wasn't long ago sneakerheads would flip when a pair of kicks had even a hint of carbon fiber. Now, Nike has found a way to use lots of it very prominently on a shoe, and many dudes aren't that impressed! Maybe CF is finally considered played-out!

I also get the impression some dudes in this thread wanted bolder colours. Fair enough......but after all the wild colourways we've seen in the 9's, what's really left?? An all-yellow pair maybe? Not every shoe can be the Big Bangs. Sometimes less is more. I actually think the detailing on these is completely sick. There's something to be said for clean, classic, refined designs, and that seems to be what they're aiming for here.

Tight jeans+loud color shoes= Majority of NT

not hating on it, just speaking the truth. wait till we see the south beachish colorway, most of the lukewarm NTers will retract and turn full hypebeast.

if you bought a pair of foams recently, this shoe is only 30 bucks higher than that...so leave the corny matching nike south beach tee shirt there and you have made up the difference.

Well Well Well, this question has been on my mind for a while. I wan't opinions on how Lebron's signature shoe line measures up to Jordan's. I think that the lebron's can be successfully retroed in but theres alot of colorways and i think some don't need to be retroed. Its going to be interesting because people pass on the bred 9's now but maybe they will end up like the bred 11's. Honestly, i think his shoe line will go wherever lebron takes it. A couple of rings will boost it tremendously I think the lebron 4,7,8, and 9 can measure up to some of the jordans. I don't think lebron can ever have his "own brand" like jordan because he lacks a true logo (lion, dunkman, LJ with the crown). The nike logo is huge on lebron's and can't be taken off of shoes like jordans. PLEASE REPLY where you see the future of these shoes in terms of retroing, amount of signature shoes and the brand. I hope to start a good conversation fellow sneakerheads!

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

The only thing I can see that supposedly justifies the 250 price hike is the use of the carbon fiber...
BUT thats only if it is REAL carbon fiber

edit: I also read that the flywire is made of kevlar and kevlar is not cheap to make

plus an anatomical fit I just read this on nike-lebron.net
I'm SOLD! Just the fact that Nike uses kevlar makes it a plus for me. It def wont save my life in a drive-by, but I appreciate the attention to detail.It takes a lot for me to even consider buying all white based sneakers, but white elites are actually DOPE!

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan1
sick.gif
x
eek.gif
x
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I wonder what the retail price limit would be for people buying Nike shoes?
400$?, 500$............. more than that?
This is getting out of hand, people are allowing Nike to just straight out rape them.
Yall acting like you ballin out, got money burning holes in your pockets........with most people that aint the case.
Kids either mooching off parents or dudes just raising their credit card debt, not having a single $ in your savings account thinking they doing it wearing 250$ shoes. No one gives a crap what you got one but your fake homies.

Everybody is free to spend their money anyway they want, but at this point.......there are better things in life to spend money on. Or just save the money, you might be grateful you did.
I thought 220$ for foams was getting bad...........in a few years the retail price for foams will be 300$ no questions the way yall keep buying shoes
Its disrespectful what Nike is doing and people are just eating it up.
30t6p3b.gif
Wait...So people can't just have GOOD JOBS?
Smh, You my friend have to chill. 

I myself have been buying my own shoes since I was 14, bought everything on my own since then. Yes I have a savings account, and a checking account. WITH A GOOD JOB..I always make sure my Prorities are straight before i spend over 170 for shoes. Thats why I say if I like the shoes, and they are 250, I will buy them regardless. Nike is a business if you don't like it, don't buy them. 

Now I'm not saying I agree with Nike raising the prices, But What can we do, when the resellers will buy them up any?

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

in all honesty ill keep them DS to wait and see if he wins a ring.. if he does then ill keep resell for sure if not then ill consider returning them reselling them

fixed

I'd really like to know what kinds of differences are going to be put in the Elites to justify the price increase. The carbon fiber and the kevlar flywire aren't big enough changes to account for that increase.

with the away cw of the elite, they should have released it earlier and made that one the BHM with a few additions...imo

$271 with NYC tax. That price is way too high for a pair of sneakers to pay retail for. I did recently spend $230 on Cannons, but that was because I was selling some WC IV's for $250. I make enough to buy them, but it wouldn't feel right. With that said, I really like both pairs. I like them a lot. But, I'm going to try and sit them out and hope they hit the sales rack. Somehow I doubt they will though.

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

Originally Posted by bigsupa

Big Bangs restock on Eastbay...

GS only

trolling? I don't see anything and I just called and they said there was no restock.... 
how u gonna call dude out and be wrong?
eastbay has been really different with restocks lately. they dont put them on the site. i think they post it on their twitter page and/or email the elite members.

you had to call and give the style number. they definitely had them.

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I wonder what the retail price limit would be for people buying Nike shoes?
400$?, 500$............. more than that?
This is getting out of hand, people are allowing Nike to just straight out rape them.
Yall acting like you ballin out, got money burning holes in your pockets........with most people that aint the case.
Kids either mooching off parents or dudes just raising their credit card debt, not having a single $ in your savings account thinking they doing it wearing 250$ shoes. No one gives a crap what you got one but your fake homies.

Everybody is free to spend their money anyway they want, but at this point.......there are better things in life to spend money on. Or just save the money, you might be grateful you did.
I thought 220$ for foams was getting bad...........in a few years the retail price for foams will be 300$ no questions the way yall keep buying shoes
Its disrespectful what Nike is doing and people are just eating it up.
30t6p3b.gif
Wait...So people can't just have GOOD JOBS?
Smh, You my friend have to chill. 

I myself have been buying my own shoes since I was 14, bought everything on my own since then. Yes I have a savings account, and a checking account. WITH A GOOD JOB..I always make sure my Prorities are straight before i spend over 170 for shoes. Thats why I say if I like the shoes, and they are 250, I will buy them regardless. Nike is a business if you don't like it, don't buy them. 

Now I'm not saying I agree with Nike raising the prices, But What can we do, when the resellers will buy them up any?
Wait till they're grown up and buying $600 Ferragamo shoes, $300 Hugo Boss loafers, etc. etc. They'll look back at this and chuckle.

If you don't like the price, don't buy them. Keep it moving, on to the next one. No reason to hate on the way the next man spends his money. I've had my chips stacked this year for this release as soon as they were announced. Ready to go all in...

I like the Elites overall. But I'd rather have the original XI tongues. These tongues make me wanna hoop in them lol.

I'll most likely have to cop the South Beach colorway.

Originally Posted by tyonenine

Originally Posted by sthebest

my take on what the Lebron 9 Elite will look like
if they look like that.... LET THE HYPE BEGIN. Sadly your right, grey will be in the colorway
First, just know this is ALL MY OPINION. Too much mint green. I say just let the base be wolf grey and and add the mint green on that carbon fiber, soles, and the air max 180s. Love the idea with the pink speckles, swoosh, and lace. Lining shouldn't be pink though

Went to my local mall and they didn't have swingman's in my size 9.5. Only had 8.5 and down or 10.5 and up. Kind of disappointed but can't complain because it's been 2 weeks. It's southridge mall in Greendale, WI btw. They have one pair of miami nights in sz 8. and the footaction in the same mall has the mangos sitting and also has cannons in sz 8.5. 
Guess I'll try for swingmans over in London/Paris in June. 

e81268365b979a05fa484b921e4c80a4c3335161_r.jpg

Glad I didn't get the mangos. I liked them when the pictures first surfaced, but after seeing them in person I'm glad I settled for the swingmans.

Originally Posted by rawdawg34

Originally Posted by The Connoisseur

I find the lukewarm reaction to the Elites really interesting. It wasn't long ago sneakerheads would flip when a pair of kicks had even a hint of carbon fiber. Now, Nike has found a way to use lots of it very prominently on a shoe, and many dudes aren't that impressed! Maybe CF is finally considered played-out!

I also get the impression some dudes in this thread wanted bolder colours. Fair enough......but after all the wild colourways we've seen in the 9's, what's really left?? An all-yellow pair maybe? Not every shoe can be the Big Bangs. Sometimes less is more. I actually think the detailing on these is completely sick. There's something to be said for clean, classic, refined designs, and that seems to be what they're aiming for here.

Tight jeans+loud color shoes= Majority of NT

not hating on it, just speaking the truth. wait till we see the south beachish colorway, most of the lukewarm NTers will retract and turn full hypebeast.

if you bought a pair of foams recently, this shoe is only 30 bucks higher than that...so leave the corny matching nike south beach tee shirt there and you have made up the difference.

I hope with the way the reception is going so far that I can walk into a store and check out the shoes before deciding if I want to buy it or not. I've always loved simple/classy colorways, and only started buying these loud colors because I like the Lebron IX design and the colors suits it. But I also appreciate the details they put into the shoes even if the colors are just simple (black/white).

Back
Top Bottom