** Official Rick Ross Thread "Rather You Than Me' Album March 17 2017 **

1gucci & jeezy 2. Ross  to me lol

im stuck in 05-09 tho...all I listen to is old gucci

Last edited:
He will never top Teflon Don

Album is Decent.  Good production.  The usual Ross rhymes.

I enjoyed it but to me its at the bottom of his catalog.  Nothing really stood out to me.

What i came in here to say.

"Teflon Don" was a 10 track masterpiece.

+

I agree that "God Forgives, I Don't" is severely underrated. That was an excellent album. That outro "Jesus Piece" is filthy.

Last edited:
I'm a semi Gucci Stan myself ..but the trap god series was bad.

Trap Back
Trap house 3
The return of Mr Zone 6
Everything else he's released since 2010

So is this album worth my ears 
nerd.gif

Mastermind > Black Market

Agreed.

After a few more listens, 'Black Market' is a solid tape. But I think 'Mastermind' is a step above this...

'Mastermind' is probably gonna go down as my 2nd favorite Ross album behind DTR and my 3rd/4th favorite Ross project behind DTR, Rich Forever, White Sand Mixtape.

I'm not sure why people couldn't fully digest all the good music in that album, but I thought it was nice from top-to-bottom.

Very good production, lyrics, guest features, and tone on that album, man...

I didnt know dudes was sleep on Mastermind like this 
mean.gif
.   Yall boys gotta go back and re-spin that joint a couple times.  Ross was talkin his **** on that one

U know what mastermind was cool, but idk I like this and black dollar wayyy more. And gfid will never get the love it deserves. Just go back and listen now that the rich forever hype is dead, that **** if flames.

I never understood the hate 4 gfid, pirates 16 Amsterdam touch'n u 10jesus pieces album still gets play

He put too many songs on GFID. If you take the Omarion and Usher songs and Hold Me Back off that album rides. Those Justice League songs are fire.

Mastermind was ok but other than Rich Is Gangsta, In Vein, Thug Cry and Blessing In Disguise the replay value ain't really there for me.

Agreed.

After a few more listens, 'Black Market' is a solid tape. But I think 'Mastermind' is a step above this...

'Mastermind' is probably gonna go down as my 2nd favorite Ross album behind DTR and my 3rd/4th favorite Ross project behind DTR, Rich Forever, White Sand Mixtape.

I'm not sure why people couldn't fully digest all the good music in that album, but I thought it was nice from top-to-bottom.

Very good production, lyrics, guest features, and tone on that album, man...

I'll agree to disagree. Black Market is a lot more focused and diverse in content than Mastermind.

But on Mastermind, Renzel takes his mafioso persona to another level. His production was A1, every song felt extremely cinematic. Drug Dealer's Dream is absolutely amazing. 

It's a toss up for me. I'm loving BM, and I still bump Mastermind. And Deeper than Rap is up there too. 

Would listen to more Jahlil Beats production is they sounded more like "Crocodile Python" instead of those "Hot *****" template tracks he always makes. Also think it really says something that Nas is the only rapper on here, and no MMG artists are on here. Red Cafe with the "additional vocals" credit is :rofl: though

Last edited:
Finally got around to listening to BM. Off my 1st spin its just ok. Ross (& other artist) gotta stop putting songs from his mixtapes on his albums. I feel like it cheapens the album. I'm def gone give it some more spins but I was a lil underwhelmed. ima have to agree with the posters above mm >bm.

My favorite track off BM is smile, mama smile :x :smh: :smokin :wow: :nthat:. track is nothing short of amazing. heard the beat and knew Jake One was behind it. just so smooth, cold, and soulful. reminds me so much of the 2nd half of Drake - furthest thing (I know he produced the 2nd beat on the song). had to put dude on my fav producer list after hearing it. ceelo singing like there's no tomorrow...my god he spazzed. ross really put a gem together with this one.

Last edited:
Would listen to more Jahlil Beats production is they sounded more like "Crocodile Python" instead of those "Hot *****" template tracks he always makes. Also think it really says something that Nas is the only rapper on here, and no MMG artists are on here. Red Cafe with the "additional vocals" credit is :rofl: though

When I heard the Jahlil beats tag I was like "Huh" :lol:

Most of his beats sound like Ima Boss remixes but that Crocodile Python beat is magnificent. :pimp:

Rick Ross' Black Market is set to follow, predicted at 60,000 album equivalent units. Last year, the Miami rapper released two albums. Mastermind debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 chart and Hood Billionaire peaked at the #6 position.

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36543/title.rick-ross-g-eazy-kid-cudi-sales-projections

Damn, Might as well let Wale or Meek be the head of MMG. People might be tired of Ross' character and stopped buying his music.
In his defense
He had no marketing really
Didn't even know or remember the release till like 2 days before
And regardless sells IMO never equal quality
And I gotta say
I've had album since release and haven't even got past #6
I gotta keep rewinding
Took me like 2 hours to get past the first track cause free enterprise is too damn :pimp:
I've had every Ross album except hood billionaire
And maaaan Ross could be so much more if he was just real and authentic
That persona I think hurt his brand

His character only makes his music more impressive imo.

Whether he's "real" or not (I don't care), he has a way of painting pictures and really making you believe he is in fact that character.

His character only makes his music more impressive imo.
Whether he's "real" or not (I don't care), he has a way of painting pictures and really making you believe he is in fact that character.
Idk man he could be on THAT LIST
he is an actual mc
His cadence
Flow
Wordplay
All that is ******* nice
Just the ******* fairytale he lives in is just corny
As an mc I respect the **** outta him
His catalog is actually legit and better than 80% of rappers
Just that boss **** he does is irritating

I agree with that. The boss talk can get old at times. That's what makes Black Dollar/Black Market so good to me. On most of these songs dude is on some different stuff. Foreclosures, We Gon Make It, Dead Rappers, Mama Smile, Ghost Writer.

Back
Top Bottom