** Official Rick Ross Thread "Rather You Than Me' Album March 17 2017 **

Had I only judged Rick Ross by this song right here, I probably would've never listened to him again :lol: :lol:

Also have some random songs from his Rise To Power compilation that came out way back. Dude just sounded so different :lol: haven't listened to these in years

I don't even think church in the streets was suppose to be an official album
I think it was just a mixtape
And jeezy decided to just put it out
I think he tryna get outta his deal

Damn man I had free enterprise on repeat for damn near an hour
Him and John legend NEVER miss
I was walking around randomly singing
"So amaaaaaaazin"

After looking at the Def Jam roster, as far as rap goes, the only person who even got a modicum of backing was Ludacris (as far as actually releasing something in 2015). Def Jam sucks, and it's embarrassing for what used to be a premier label. Guess they're just gonna ride Justin Bieber til the wheels fall off.

Def Jam is lost right now. The people that are running the label now are so outta touch.

I ain't know Justin Beiber was signed to them this whole time. :lol:

I think Big Sean got a solid set up from Def Jam if I am not mistaken...

Just saw Ross did 65k.... Is it safe to say he is even "less relevant" the Jeezy now or no? Jeezy basically did over 100k with the same turnaround time.

Ive been seeing ppl say this Ross album is his best to date... dont see it all. Beginning of the album is flames tho.

Totally overlooked Big Sean being on Def Jam and coming out this year :lol: he definitely got a good amount of backing. But that could have something to do with Kanye's affiliation more than actual backing

Record sales mean nothing man we go thru this in every thread. Jeezy got a way more solid fan base but Ross album was wayyy better. The people that actually buy albums in 2015 ain't listening to no damn Ross. Future is white peoples favorite drug dealing rapper right now. Only rappers selling records is Cole for real. How did Kendrick sell? I didn't check his #s but him too.

Ross can't even tour like that compared to a ton of artist.

He can do his club appearance thing tho

nobody gives a **** about a rick ross concert
laugh.gif

Logic is the only one really helping Def Jam

Which is funny itself, cause outside of blogs, I have no idea who listens to him. At least he is pretty nice, so can't knock him as if he was some wack dude. Seems to have a solid fanbase.

Logic album was nice too :lol: got flow for days

Literally, as I've heard Cole, Drake, and especially Kendrick Lamar on his albums :lol:

Ditto to a Rick Ross tour. I've never heard anybody mention how one of his shows are, which is puzzling based on how long he's been rapping

Last edited:
Record sales mean nothing man we go thru this in every thread. Jeezy got a way more solid fan base but Ross album was wayyy better. The people that actually buy albums in 2015 ain't listening to no damn Ross. Future is white peoples favorite drug dealing rapper right now. Only rappers selling records is Cole for real. How did Kendrick sell? I didn't check his #s but him too.

LOL. Of course the Ross apologists are still making excuses for Ross's lackluster accomplishments. Dudes be quick to say "Ross makes better music/better albums". Reminds me of that famous saying....."If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound" That's exactly what Ross's music and albums represent.....the tree in the woods. His limited and dwindling fanbase are the Israelites.....lost in the wilderness with no chance of escaping for decades.

As far as concerts go, the only dude on here that I think has gone to a Ross concert is Peep Game Peep Game but that was a long time ago.

LOL. Of course the Ross apologists are still making excuses for Ross's lackluster accomplishments. Dudes be quick to say "Ross makes better music/better albums". Reminds me of that famous saying....."If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound" That's exactly what Ross's music and albums represent.....the tree in the woods. His limited and dwindling fanbase are the Israelites.....lost in the wilderness with no chance of escaping for decades.

As far as concerts go, the only dude on here that I think has gone to a Ross concert is Peep Game Peep Game but that was a long time ago.
What did I say that wasn't true tho? Ijs def jam has nothing to do with it period, dudes just ain't moving units no more. The music is great but sells don't gotta reflect good music. People buy whats popular. I could give a damn if son sold 10 copies, imma open my sunroof and ride out to free enterprise.

Which is funny itself, cause outside of blogs, I have no idea who listens to him. At least he is pretty nice, so can't knock him as if he was some wack dude. Seems to have a solid fanbase.
Literally, as I've heard Cole, Drake, and especially Kendrick Lamar on his albums :lol:

Ditto to a Rick Ross tour. I've never heard anybody mention how one of his shows are, which is puzzling based on how long he's been rapping

:rofl: dead *** you can tell he take notes from them 3

What did I say that wasn't true tho? Ijs def jam has nothing to do with it period, dudes just ain't moving units no more. The music is great but sells don't gotta reflect good music. People buy whats popular. I could give a damn if son sold 10 copies, imma open my sunroof and ride out to free enterprise.
Song is too damn tough

Ross can't even tour like that compared to a ton of artist.

He can do his club appearance thing tho

nobody gives a **** about a rick ross concert :lol:
Yea ROSS has never even been on a headline tour he does small-medium venues even when he's on tour with other people....

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] deuce king deuce king got me cracking up [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

this

Ross can always go overseas to eat and do shows, they love him out the country where they seem to care about REAL music. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] at Ppl saying Rozay done, He still one of the biggest in the game, he's lyrically at his best right now.

Next time i'm in the strip club I need to hear color money [emoji]128184[/emoji][emoji]128184[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom