** Official Rick Ross Thread "Rather You Than Me' Album March 17 2017 **

I will always say that BMF was a gift and curse for dude ..because after that dropped we never got anything close to DTR

Rich Forever is one of the greatest mixtapes ever tho. Yellow Diamonds > *

DTR was his pinnacle trap beat Ross is cool though..he's at his best when hes making cigar music, here I am, magnificent, geechi Liberace type songs

10 years ago I thought Ross was just a poor man's Jeezy. He turned out to have the best catalog in this decade.

Can't eem dispute this. Ross really has had the game sewn up this past decade. Honestly wouldn't have imagined it once the beef with 50 began. Crazy how the tables have turned and Ross came out on top in many ways. Plus he seems like a good person to do business with, based on my not knowing anyone who has called him out for being on that Birdman steeze. And dude rides for his team/artists like no one I've ever seen.

I will always say that BMF was a gift and curse for dude ..because after that dropped we never got anything close to DTR

Rich Forever is one of the greatest mixtapes ever tho. Yellow Diamonds > *
Thee greatest mixtape.

Ross live by the old code too. U got problems with his people he don't **** wit u. If Meek was on his **** Mmg could be a force musically.

10 years ago I thought Ross was just a poor man's Jeezy. He turned out to have the best catalog in this decade.

Can't eem dispute this. Ross really has had the game sewn up this past decade. Honestly wouldn't have imagined it once the beef with 50 began. Crazy how the tables have turned and Ross came out on top in many ways. Plus he seems like a good person to do business with, based on my not knowing anyone who has called him out for being on that Birdman steeze. And dude rides for his team/artists like no one I've ever seen.

Real crazy how that tide turned. Ross has continued to make quality music and 50 has made mostly marginal music since then, and can only drum up interest through IG rants and forgettable G-unit reuinions.

Ross catalogue is super underrated. While some are better than others, I always enjoy his projects.

Totally agree with everything said.

"God Forgives, I Don't" is way overlooked. Seems to be the beginning of William Roberts decline in terms of super stardom. "Mastermind" dropped and then after that no one cared about "Hood Billionaire" or "Black Market".

"God Forgives, I Don't" is way overlooked. Seems to be the beginning of William Roberts decline in terms of super stardom. "Mastermind" dropped and then after that no one cared about "Hood Billionaire" or "Black Market".
First time I've ever said this... 100% accurate dipset. GFID was solid but was very overlooked because the mixtape. Rich forever had everyone expecting a perfect classic album

Glad to see Rozay still repping Da Sip heavy. Shout out to all my Clarksdale aka Clarks Vegas ninjas. 

Still my fav track from him:

Y'all are crazy if y'all thought Port Of Miami was average.He definitely wasn't a poor mans jeezy.Maybe people thought that because jeezy was at the top back then.But Ricky,s voice didn't sound like anybody else's.Thats more than half the battle as a rapper.When a song comes on,and you know who it is.Then that person can be a star easily.His rhyme pattern is his own.He still raps the same,he just improved it over time.I think he released a mixtape with CCC,s in 02-03.Now that was average.When he started releasing his solo material around 04.He got the streets hot.I never listened to his mixtapes back then.But he had a huge buzz on the underground scene right before Port Of Miami was released.I was in multiple states around that time.The little mom n pops music stores where pushing his mixtapes hard.People in the streets was hyping his music up.I only remembered seeing his face on flyers and mixtapes.Then all of a sudden i see Everyday I'm Hustlin on TV.Then im thinking o ****.This is the dude with all the hype.I buy the album.I hear push it to the limits,street life.Your out of your mind if you think someone can release that album.And not make it in the long run in the bizz.Theres rappers that aren't on 50% of POM level that made it big.Why would you think he wouldn't.His voice is distinctive.He also knows how to pick the right beats.Most rappers seem like they can't do that for some odd reason.

Trap or die then TM101 yea in 06 pom was banging but Ross wasn't on jeezy level. I'm only speaking of that time because they became equal shortly after that, before ross passed him up

Trap or die then TM101 yea in 06 pom was banging but Ross wasn't on jeezy level. I'm only speaking of that time because they became equal shortly after that, before ross passed him up
Jeezy was on top of the world back then. But once Ross found his sound it was over and hasn't been close. Crazy how jeezy was on top of that lane back then now all the others have surpassed him.

First time I've ever said this... 100% accurate dipset. GFID was solid but was very overlooked because the mixtape. Rich forever had everyone expecting a perfect classic album

Yup. the public didn't receive "GFID" like they did "Rich Forever". Sad cause that album was a excellent piece of work, in my opinion.

Jeezy was on top of the world back then. But once Ross found his sound it was over and hasn't been close. Crazy how jeezy was on top of that lane back then now all the others have surpassed him.
Wasn't T.I. bigger than Jeezy back during that era when it comes to ATL rappers?

Bout to watch this Port of Miami concert live on Tidal. This should be good.

Last edited:
Wasn't T.I. bigger than Jeezy back during that era when it comes to ATL rappers?

I always forget tip when talking trap rappers since he removed himself years ago.

Imo TI got knocked down a few pegs after "Why you wanna" and the back to back jail stints.

Ross really has been the most consistent over the past decade in that lane. This really has me over here real life-ing the Weebay gif.

Last edited:

TIP was bigger on a mainstream level probably. All eyes was on Young during his heyday. Nobody in the streets was jamming
TIP heavy like that after urban legend.

TIP was bigger on a mainstream level probably. All eyes was on Young during his heyday. Nobody in the streets was jamming
TIP heavy like that after urban legend.
I'd say people stopped rocking with him after the King album came out. That's when he was at his peek. He had a banging album & that ATL movie came out around the same time. Ross has definitely surpassed both of them though because of the fact that he's stuck with the same formula. T.I started messing with the movie/reality show ish & Jeezy was trying to promote artists that were signing to him which failed horribly. Plus Jeezy was losing fans to Gucci during the peek of their feud. 

Speaking of Jeezy, Ross just brought him on stage and let him perform "Lose My Mind". He also brought out that boy Lloyd to perform "Street Life".

Last edited:
Tip did fall of a bit but paper trail

I Ain't heard one track from shawty lo since , Homie even destroyed his compition on swagger like us :smh:

Last edited:
Tip did fall of a bit but paper trail

I Ain't heard one track from shawty lo since , Homie even destroyed his compition on swagger like us
mean.gif
Hell that boy destroyed Shawty Lo & Lil Flip. I remember back during that time I was siding with Lil Flip on some hardcore fan type ish. 

Ross just brought out Meek and let him get off a few songs. Now he got Trick Daddy & Trina on stage performing their old hits. Man I would still let Trina ratchet *** deep throat the wood while I'm driving up and down these country streets. Shawty body still on point. 

Back
Top Bottom