Official Rose Bowl thread - USC vs. Illinois - Jan.01.08

roll.gif
mike23theking wrote:

3PLEDOUBLE wrote:
laugh.gif
Illinois have been getting disrespected something terrible here. They're a damn good football team, beat Ohio St. in the horseshoe, yet their the 14 point underdogs against an overrated Trojans team that lost to Stanford?
roll.gif
I see the Illini proving all doubters wrong, winning comfortably. 45-24 Illinois.

laugh.gif
The Illini are about to Slaughter these overrated%%!# trojans. Boy, i'm ready to see this%%!# kickin.

laugh.gif

8882577ef5dd1e725d8f6bae02c91b0f7a34925.gif

Originally Posted by 3PLEDOUBLE

laugh.gif
Illinois have been getting disrespected something terrible here. They're a damn good football team, beat Ohio St. in the horseshoe, yet their the 14 point underdogs against an overrated Trojans team that lost to Stanford?
roll.gif
I see the Illini proving all doubters wrong, winning comfortably. 45-24 Illinois.

laugh.gif
ok fresh-lite

119508z.gif

Pimp ...
smh.gif

Ya boy better hit them beaches and run them sand drills this off season. Davis (#1) Ran his+!+@ down somethign terrible
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was shocked I thought Mcnkight had more Git Down than That

Best LB in the Nation, yeah I said it.
He's up there,
he faced a spread option team, he ran free all day, they use their FB maybe 10 plays out the entire game. so he was set up to dominate.
5 Off. lineman + TE vs 4 DL plus 3 Lbs = a W for the LBs. especially if they are as good as SC's.

laugh.gif
yea i was somewhat surprised that davis walked him but joesfast he just doesnt have the extra gear reggie had right now. but dude is vernons lil bro bunch of freak athletes in that family.

and rey is a physical freak at lber the problem is dude doesnt have great feel at the mike position. he over runs plays a lot and is horrible in pass coverage.its good hes coming back since he needs another year to get better.

Word....Vernon Davis's brother got some JETS...
eek.gif

I thought Joe was gonna murk to the endzone, but Vontae hawked his@+!$...RB woulda scored....

Joe is gonna be nasty next year being the feature back.....

I was really hoping that the illini were gonna make a game of it....

I seriously cannot believe that Illinois thought they could run the read option and bubble screen offense down USC's throats while they were down 21points. This is probably the most athletic defense in the nation. What defense is going to respect Juice Williams arm?

And then when he finally did start slinging it his WR's were coughing the ball up like they wasnt use to having the ball in their hands.

Illinois was most likely going to lose this game but they did NOTHING to help themselves.

Whoever said Mendenhall didnt look impressive must have missed the 7 USC defenders in his face everytime he touched the ball. The more I watch Mend the more Ithink he will be a VERY good pro. He has the size and speed and running style to be a good NFL back.

laugh.gif
Ron Zook

USC is going to be good next year. Can't see Rey coming back. They will need some help in the secondary though. I wouldn't doubt it if Thomas, Ellison and Harris are all gone next year. Their OLine is going to be pretty young at T. Sanchez is going to have to show he can play consistently but he will get help from the stable of RBs lining up behind him. The WRs will be a lot better next year. Maybe Turner will actually live up to some of his hype. That dude has been a bust for all the praise he has been getting. Their D will still be very good and active. Too much talent for them not to plug in EVERY spot they lose a player. The cupboard is not bare for them. I would put them in the Top 5 for next year with UF, OU, The Browneyes and UGA. The SEC is going to be tough and the game with The Browneyes could be good if any of the Browneyes 13 juniors that put their name out for a feeler in the draft return. College Football for 2008-09 is going to be just as good.

Maualuga is coming back and I see no reason why Ellison and Harris would make a jump. The reason the secondary runs into trouble is that they gofor the highlight play all the time and it costs them. Ellison always goes for the big hit (Youtube- DeSean Jackson
laugh.gif
). The secondary should be set with either Josh Pinkard or Shareece Wrightstepping into Thomas' CB spot.

I think Sedrick Ellis is going to leave a big hole in our front line. LoJack was great, don't get me wrong, but Everson Griffen is going to take over hisspot. Every other DT on the roster is young or inexperienced.

As far as the Wr's go, I lost hope in Patrick Turner. I really hope he proves me wrong and has a big Senior year, but he has less heart than the Tinman. There is hope, Damian Williams will be available and hopefully Hazelton, Ausberry, Patterson and Co. will be able to step up and fill the void and make up forFred Davis' lost production.

The O-Line will lose two key starters: Sam Baker (LT), Drew Radovich (RT). However, thanks to all of the injuries that plagued the offensive line, CharlesBrown and Butch Lewis, got a lot of playing time along with a couple of starts.

It will be interesting to see what will happen.

Originally Posted by aRog27

what up FBorn.....I see we're on opposite sides once again
laugh.gif
...i dont hate USC though
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It would look that way, I actually graduated from there though. Did you go toIllinois or are you just a fan?

Back
Top Bottom