:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread - Training Camp Starts July 27:::

I don't know about you guys but I thought the play calling for the most part was terrible. They made it seem like they were on a short week.

Tough Loss, but Im proud of the guys fer the way they fought back. They just made too many mistakes prior to the blackout on all 3 phases of the game. Ultimately, that is why the Ravens won the game. I feel like we're the better team, but the Ravens played like the better team yesterday. Hats off to them. We got a lot of work to do this offseason, a lot of players are leaving via free agency. Anxious for next season though. Forever Faithful.

I been saying this fer the past 2 years, Greg Roman is ridiculous. That goal line playcalling was horrendous, utilized absolutely none of our strengths or what was working on the same drive. Kaep is also alittle to blame, he couldve inched us closer to the endzone in each of those first 3 plays but was hesitant and looking for the TD each play rather than who was open and what the defense was giving. Kaep will definitely get better, but Roman will not.

Moss needs to be gone ASAP. Dude is terrible.

Culliver needs to be possibly let go as well.

Offseason needs to consist of getting a lockdown #1 CB, they need to throw everything they can at NYJ for Revis (Carlos is slow as hell and isn't a #1 anymore).

Drafting someone to eventually take over for Justin Smith.

Goldson needs to get a long-term deal.

Who knows if Manningham will even be back? With him and Kyle Williams coming off of big injuries, we need another WR.

There is no way in hell Randy Moss is back next year after yesterdays game. Dude waited until the biggest game of his life to go back to his old ways. That game right there is proof enough that dude isn't even CLOSE to Jerry's level...At Moss's age, Jerry was still a force. Moss is such a joke and I don't see any winning team giving this dude a job, he's done.

There are less than 5 " lockdown" CBs in the league, we're not landing any of them.

No need for over reaction Monday. Culliver had a bad game but he has the tools to get a lot better, this was only his second season. No way we let go of him. It wasnt just him struggling yesterday, Donte Whitner stays getting killed in coverage. And Carlos was never a #1 CB.

Part of the secondaries struggle yesterday were due to the fact we got absolutely NO pressure on Flacco. With Justin playing with one arm, gettin to the QB just hasnt been the same. The reason our secondary had success last season was because we were consistently getting to QBs and the front 7 was nasty at all times. Parys Haralson being out played a big part of the inconsistency as well. Guys always been under rated.

Hate to say it but our team was not prepared to play yesterday. From the first play from scrimmage we commit a dumb penalty negating a huge gain. All those offsides penalties that kept the Ravens drives alive. Way too many mental errors on the biggest stage

I'd argue that he's our best cover corner. Hes put on the other teams #1. Its only his second full season, only started 6 games. No doubt he struggled yesterday though.

tough L yesterday I'm glad they came back tho it wasn't looking good. Offseason they should try and resign most of the main core defensively and offensively. Moss should be let free we hardly went to him for the deep ball. We need that speedy reciever to stretch the field but I see Jenkins improving and getting there. We also missed Manningham who should play well with Kap then there's Kyle Williams who was improved as well. That secondary needs some improvement too many deep balls towards the end of the season maybe it's the wear and tear but I would entertain getting Revis plus find a player like J.Smith we need to get more pass rush from Aldon and a player like Justin is key.

-Why the **** are we not running the read option or at least running the ball in the red zone? No jumbo package? SMFH Niners **** the bed with that terrible play calling on that last drive

-Aldon Smith didn't do jack ****....Son had like 3 missed tackles

-Greg Roman
mean.gif

-Cully and Los gettin' beat all day but that's what happens when you have an injured J. Smith and ineffective A. Smith

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my entire life. This hurts a lot and last night I cried my hardest I've ever cried. It was tough. I can't complain about the lack of calls because it should've NEVER come down to that. If we didn't play like crap in the first half, it would've never come down to that. Aldon is overrated, I'm sorry. Missed tackles killed me. I'm not even going to start with Culliver and Whitner. Culliver should be smacked in the back of the head, he can't keep his mouth shut and he can't keep guy in front of him. We shot ourselves in the foot in the 1st half and our special teams killed us again this time. The NFC Championship hurt last year but not as much as this one. This one is going to take a while to get over. Grown man tears. |I :\

Let's credit the Ravens though, they're a helluva team. They wanted it more and Flacco played his best. Well deserved.

Win, lose or draw. Forever Faithful.

Love you my fellow faithfuls! Keep up the faith.

Agreed I was there for the championship game last year but still feel loosing the Super Bowl hurts more.

You guys have pretty much covered it all.

We played from behind the whole entire playoffs GB, Atlanta and Baltimore.

When we played Atlanta they took advantage of bunch wide receiver formations and had success the Ravens did the same and we looked unprepared for it.

We arguably lost in all three phases of the game last night.

As far as the last drive the only play I didn't like was the 3rd down attempt to Crabtree.
Play calling in general if works we :smokin if it doesn't we :x

:smh: @ anyone who agreed with Bill Cower and though putting Alex Smith would be a great idea

Hopefully I'll ba able to watch the game again in a couple days. Bottom line you have to play for all four quarters and touchdowns win games FG's don't

Looking forward to 2013

A new kicker.
-depth at corner hopefully we draft at least two (speed and size to things that we lack in the defensive backfield).
-one more wide receiver (Moss will be/should be gone and how much production can we expect from Ginn, Williams and Jenkins).
-one defensive tackle (Isaac Sopoaga) one sack all season

Hopefully we can get something in return for Alex Smith if not so be it.

A huge concern was the communication and the amount of time if took to snap the ball. 5..4..3..2.1 not sure if its on Kaepernick and a lack of experience but its something that should be addressed.

Real quick when Cowher talked about Smith I remember him saying that it is just a thought that has to go through the coaches head, I don't remember him actually saying the switch should be made. Definitely could be wrong but I thought that's way iI remember

Any way just wanted to say sorry fellas, losing a SB sucks especially when you have a chance to win. You just replay in your mind the one or two things that could've gone different and made your team champs. A least you got a WS recently and have a real cool city :lol:

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in my entire life. This hurts a lot and last night I cried my hardest I've ever cried. It was tough. I can't complain about the lack of calls because it should've NEVER come down to that. If we didn't play like crap in the first half, it would've never come down to that. Aldon is overrated, I'm sorry. Missed tackles killed me. I'm not even going to start with Culliver and Whitner. Culliver should be smacked in the back of the head, he can't keep his mouth shut and he can't keep guy in front of him. We shot ourselves in the foot in the 1st half and our special teams killed us again this time. The NFC Championship hurt last year but not as much as this one. This one is going to take a while to get over. Grown man tears. |I :\

Let's credit the Ravens though, they're a helluva team. They wanted it more and Flacco played his best. Well deserved.

Win, lose or draw. Forever Faithful.

Love you my fellow faithfuls! Keep up the faith.

Stay up fam. We'll be back. This one really hurt and I broke down for a bit last night. However, I remember having a worse feeling in that game 5 in 08 with the Lakers when we blew that 20+ halftime lead at home and lost the series... to the Celts of all people.

That team came back more hungry and strong and tore through people in 09 with determination and vengeance. Even though that's basketball, I think this team has what it takes to get over the hump and really don't see anyone (right now) that can challenge us in the NFC except Seattle.

Last edited:
What's up family.  I wasn't on the boards yesterday and refused to watch ESPN or anything sports related but now I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.  First off, I just want to say that overall we had a great season, last year we reached the NFC championship and lost, this year we reached the next step at after NFC championship and lost the Super Bowl, so hopefully next year we put it all together and win the final game.  Also, thanks to to all the Faithful in here for all the conversations we have had together and thanks to NikeTalker23 for doing all the gameday threads, good job champ. 

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I absolutely HATE passing the ball on the first possession of the offensive series.  To me, I don't care how predictable it is, you run on the first play of the game, especially with a "rookie" QB in the biggest game of his life on the biggest stage to try and ease some of the pressure off of him.  Once we passed on first down I already knew that was a bad sign, same stunt we pulled when we lost to Seattle in Seattle.  You run first to help get your offense and your QB going.  The fumble by James was big, we could have got some point off of that, and then the kick off return after kick off pretty much helped win the game for the Ravens and take whatever energy we had coming out after halftime away.  Last point regarding the game, of all people to get roasted or beat I knew it would be Chris Culliver.  I didn't like his comment prior to the game regarding gay people and he certainly got his butt handed to him for that comment during the game as far as I'm concerned by giving up that big touchdown pass.  I don't like when athletes talk before a game and then end up making a mistake, which is what he did.  It's that much more reason to to just be quiet and let your play do the talking.  Then for him to talk about the group of people that he did talk about, when you play in an area that is largely populated by said group makes absolutely no sense.  I would like for him to apologize to them, and for giving up that big touchdown pass.
People on my s**t list:

Chris Culliver - I dont think I need to explain this one.

Donte Whitner - See Chris Culliver (although much better in second half).

LaMichael James - His fumble was the biggest turning point of this game IMO.

Aldon Smith - Milk carton status. Missed tackles all game long, zero pressure on the QB and pretty much useless all game long.

Greg Roman - Inexcusable playcalling at the end of the game. I heard the 49ers justifications for not calling runs, but I dont care. With Ngata out, I dont care what kind of defensive formations the Ravens were running.
Agreed 100%.

As for the draft or trade picks, we need to get a big young stud receiver if possible, and a physical corner to help try and lock down opposing receivers.

Hope everyone is okay for the most part, I know it hurts but time helps heal all wounds and sorrow.  We'll be fine. 

Damn guys, it still hurts so bad :frown:

It's so tough for things to go right and make it to a SB and to come up 5 yards is truly painful. I really wish we gave Gore a couple carries down there at the end after he just made a 30+ yard run to get us inside the 10, especially with no Ngata on the Ravens side. It's nice to see Kap and Crabtree seem to have some nice chemistry, but at times I think he zones in on him too much and the defense knows that. I wish we had a play drawn up for Vernon or Delanie on the 4th down play considering the all out blitz was obviously coming.

I really think Kaepernick is going to be a beast for years to come, his arm strength and speed are such a lethal combination.

I know its early but I hope we re-sign Dashon, Delanie and Sopoaga. This offseason I hope we get or draft some defensive backs, as well as Boldin if he becomes available; I think he'd be a perfect fit with our squad. I wish we had Kendall Hunter and Mario Manningham out there on Sunday.

Still dont understand, we came back 20 sumtin points, couple of yards away to be ahead. What a story if we won.
You guys hear about kaepernick already going to be practicing this week.Dont care what anyone says the guy is going to be a top QB elite status.

**** that nonfunctional playcalling in the first half of games. It's time we start racking up points now that we have the offense to do so. Forgot that "second half team" BS. Next year, we better that start playing to our full potential from the getgo.

Stay up fam. We'll be back. This one really hurt and I broke down for a bit last night. However, I remember having a worse feeling in that game 5 in 08 with the Lakers when we blew that 20+ halftime lead at home and lost the series... to the Celts of all people.

That team came back more hungry and strong and tore through people in 09 with determination and vengeance. Even though that's basketball, I think this team has what it takes to get over the hump and really don't see anyone (right now) that can challenge us in the NFC except Seattle.

Honestly, the Lakers losing in the Finals hurt obviously but I've never taken it as hard this one. I've never ever felt this type of heartbreak before not from a female or anything else. I might sound a little too dramatic here but it's really how I feel. Aside from losing a family member and a friend, I never cried like that over a sporting event. With the Lakers, I've always had that optimism that we'll be back because well we're the Lakers. In the NFL, it's really hard to get back to promise land. Everything has to be perfect for us to even getting back, especially with the target on our backs now. I waited 18 long years for Sunday's game. Years of disappointment through Erickson, Nolan and Singletary and losses to the Cowboys and Packers years prior to that really made it that much worth it to be excited about. It's going to take some time for me to get over this. The expectations are high and I pray we learned from this experience. Sigh.

Go Niners!

Back
Top Bottom