:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread - Training Camp Starts July 27:::

IMO some of the playoff losses to the Pack and Cowboys hurt worse than this one. There been a handful of Niner teams ( better than this roster) that didnt make it to the Superbowl. Yeah, we lost in the Superbowl for the first time but after this sinks in fer a season or two, I dont think it'll hurt as much as those games where we were Clearly the better team and lost. We lost to the better team on Sunday. We're still a young team and have only been elite fer two seasons. We started a QB with only 9 games of experience and his inexperience showed. A loss is Never easy to swallow especially in the big game, but I have no doubt this team will get better especially with Kaep getting more experience. I'm real excited fer next season.

And Please never bring up a Laker loss and compare it to a Niners Superbowl loss :x

Last edited:
That game made me wish we get Revis this offseason.

Revis would be a nice asset, but what good is talent if you can't stay on the field. Revis stays hurt too much for me and would be hard to rely upon to anchor the secondary.

Last edited:
IMO some of the playoff losses to the Pack and Cowboys hurt worse than this one. There been a handful of Niner teams ( better than this roster) that didnt make it to the Superbowl. Yeah, we lost in the Superbowl for the first time but after this sinks in fer a season or two, I dont think it'll hurt as much as those games where we were Clearly the better team and lost. We lost to the better team on Sunday. We're still a young team and have only been elite fer two seasons. We started a QB with only 9 games of experience and his inexperience showed. A loss is Never easy to swallow especially in the big game, but I have no doubt this team will get better especially with Kaep getting more experience. I'm real excited fer next season.

And Please never bring up a Laker loss and compare it to a Niners Superbowl loss :x

That 97 loss to GB at home hurt too.
I really though they were gonna get it done.
They added kevin greene and rod that year...

Im sad again...

:lol:

Yeah my fellow 49er/Laker fan did though. But like I said, a Laker loss is nothing compared to this. Football is football. It's one game and when your team is the biggest stage in American sports and the whole hype behind it, it means more to win and hurts to lose. Nothing beats this right now, yeah we have a bright future but it's really hard to get back. We have to play perfect football to even sniff getting back.

Man, I'm still hurting
mean.gif

Love Kaep's attitude though

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/...epernick/47a88cee-dcda-43b5-84e2-7***39e2a51f

I ain't blaimg the refs, and I know Culliver had a poor game. But how does he get a PI for minimal contact and Cary Williams doesn't get unsportsmanlike conduct and an ejection for this...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31162-1359938782-0.gif

Goodell didnt want the refs controlling the outcome of the game, thats why he had Jerome Boger as the head ref. Everyone knew he wasnt deserving of this game, even he, so he had his team hold in as many whistles as they could. They didnt want to be the talk of the game. They let the players play as much as they could. The biggest missed calls was that Cary Williams shove and the safety play. Everyone on the Ravens was holding/tackling on that last play and it was disgustingly blatant. For the Ravens, they missed the late hit on Joe Flacco when he was out of bounds. I personally think they did a good job, besides these three calls. 49ers and Ravens are 2 of the most physical teams, and if they called it tight, there wouldve been flags on every single drive. All the penalty calls they did make were obvious and legit but its some of the calls they Didnt make that were questionable. They swallowed their whistles for the most part and were consistent IMO.

We already got Hands and Manningham, both who excel in the slot, no need for another slot guy. We need someone to work the outsides, stretch the field. We dont exactly have room to sign a big name though.

I ain't blaimg the refs, and I know Culliver had a poor game. But how does he get a PI for minimal contact and Cary Williams doesn't get unsportsmanlike conduct and an ejection for this...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31162-1359938782-0.gif

The same reason he didn't get a pass interference when Torrey smith torched him in the 2nd quarter and he held him.

They let them play.

Tough loss. I am mixed up with emotions that I do not know how to feel. Last time the niners were in the SB I was 4 years old and so when they made it this time around I was beyond hyped. My roommates thought I was crazy the way I was acting during the game. I was cussin', cheering, angry, happy that I know some of them were thinking it is just a game, but they do not understand. After the game I got teary eyed and just sat on the couch with a blank stare because I could not believe we were so close to winning. I like the way CK has been carrying himself and he his hungry for that SB. I really hope he improves during the offseason and learns to look off his receivers more often cus he usually just stares down his target

Last edited:
It's a really tough loss to swallow, given the 49ers were 5 yards away from taking the lead. But at the same time they've come a long way from the past ten years and the vast majority of us who have been posting here will always be fans whether they win or lose. With the foundation they have, as long as they continue on the great path they're on, they should have plenty of opportunities to win one again in the next couple years. Great year:smokin, sucks that it ended how it did (I purposely did not want to watch ANY sports TV the past few days :lol: ), but the 49ers were one of only two teams to play in the SB this year.

They just fell short. The kickoff return and the Jacoby Jones touchdown killed us more so than the possible missed penalties. Both of those were absolute killers; that just can't happen on the big stage.

I will be at the ******** game this year and hopefully can make one of the florida games depending on when they play either of the two teams...

Cant wait already, going to be a good year... I like Kaeps attitude in that video and Im even more impressed at the fact that they are going to start training again next week :pimp:

Ive always said as much as I like our defense our secondary has been getting torch the last two seasons against good passing qbs...

We need to get a WR to stretch the field that some more depth in the secondary to help better those positions

I'll be at the ******** game as well.  Looks like we'll have to do a NT meet up.  I'm still looking at flying to San Fran for an away game, just depends on dates and the team we will be playing at the time. 
Wes Welker anyone?
Absolutely not, he is just another slot receiver which we already have and he's average at best.  No need on wasting money on him.

As far as Revis goes, in the business world, he's what we call damaged goods.  Let some other team pay top dollar for a used and broken product.

Jags game is in London. :smh: That **** better be before the bye week.

Edit: Jenkins said he will start training with Kaep.

Last edited:
Still getting jokes thrown at me at work. But its all good. Well be back.
There's Jennings. I would go after him. I would offer revis a low offer and he might bite cuz we have a chance to return to the SB. Not sure if he's a freeagent or he gonna be traded.

Back
Top Bottom