:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We had what 35 mill in Kaep space and still didn't sign anyone other than a guard?
Yeah, but the FA market wasn't great this year there wasn't a whole lot of talent worth the $$$. IMHO probably the only player that we should have tried to sign was Marvin Jones, he was a FA and his 23 RECS for 482 YDS and 2 TDS not lookin so bad from where we're standing now.

Like red81 said before a lot of teams paid big money for free agents last offseason who haven't panned out well so far.

That having been said we are no longer in the position where we can say we "build teams in the draft" and that you "can't buy a superbowl" like we did last offseason because we followed that course and here we are today looking at winning 3 games this season if we are lucky. 

We need to hit the FA market with a vengance this offseason and try to land at least one major upgrade to a skill position IMO

4 pm pst on Saturday. Tune in. :wink:

Man, you guys don't know how happy I was when we hired harbaugh in 2011. I knew we were back. Harbaugh was at the very top of my wishlist that year. We had an elite head coach, one of the very best in all of football, and we ran him out of town. He wanted to be here, too.

I ******* hate the yorks. They've done nothing but ruin this organization since they took over.

Last edited:
4 pm pst on Saturday. Tune in. :wink:

Man, you guys don't know how happy I was when we hired harbaugh in 2011. I knew we were back. Harbaugh was at the very top of my wishlist that year. We had an elite head coach, one of the very best in all of football, and we ran him out of town. He wanted to be here, too.

I ******* hate the yorks. They've done nothing but ruin this organization since they took over.
Me too. I was so hyped. He was a sought after coach after winning in Stanford. I remember constantly ready articles about harbaugh and when he drafted Kaep in the second round. Remember reading a story where Kaep and harbaugh were just throwing the ball to each other late at night and just chatting. :frown: after he was drafted

Last edited:
I thought it was so cool that Harbaugh was going to be the coach of the niners after bill Walsh had given him his blessing when he became the head coach at Stanford.

It's like as if Walsh had lined up Harbaugh for us right before he died.

walshharbaughstanford.jpg

History was repeating with the Stanford-niner connection.

SMFH

Last edited:
We need a lacob type owner for the niners. Look at what he's done for golden state. Not this ****boy York who's run this team to the ground and robbed everyone after moving to Levi's

Worst part Jed is only 35.
sick.gif

I want to cry.
And worth over $100 Million too. Jed York really the scum of the earth,  I'd say Jed is worse than Donald Trump in some ways, I mean let's take a look at his resume:

1. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a BA  in Finance and History

2. York got his first job working as a financial analyst for Guggenheim Partners  at their New York City  offices (pretty impressive position for a guy with a bachelor's and no work experience) but quit after approximately a year (I guess actually working was too hard).  

3. After he quit his first job, York's parents brought him into their family owned team, the San Francisco 49ers, as the Director of Strategic Planning  and later promoted their son to Vice President of Strategic Planning.

4. On December 28, 2008, Jed was appointed by his father to become president of the 49ers.

So let me get this straight, he graduates with his Bachelor's degree, not even a graduate degree, in finance and after undergrad with less than 1 year's real world work experience he's suddenly qualified for all of these high positions in the organization? 
laugh.gif

I know people who have a graduate degree and 10+ years real world work experience who have a hard time finding a good enough paying job to support themselves and their families here in the Bay Area, and this little ****boy prince probably underachieved and partied his way through a basic 4 year undergrad degree and got handed the keys to a billion dollar franchise. 

Sick sad world. 

We need a lacob type owner for the niners. Look at what he's done for golden state. Not this ****boy York who's run this team to the ground and robbed everyone after moving to Levi's
Jed York is the Chris Cohan of football.

From all the complaints, it seems that nothing will change until The Yorks are out of office lol.

I'm sure there is a stigma around the league of coaches not wanting to be part of this franchise after what happened to Harbaugh.

the yorks ruining the franchise is the one thing every 49er fan agrees on.

we are the cohan warriors

and coincidentally, the warriors are now the eddie D 49ers 

Last edited:
So I watched the game late yesterday and was frustrated just like everyone else in here. If there is not a change at QB for the next game then the issue is not football related. Chip must be getting word not to play Kap. It doesn't make since to have a guy as your #2 QB but say he's not physically ready.... I'll play devil's advocate here and lets say he wasn't ready week 1...you're telling me that 6 weeks later he still isn't right physically even though he played in the preseason?? Something just doesn't add up.

If I am sounding too much like a homer let me know but IMO those last two games were very winnable games. 3-2 sounds a whole lot better than 1-4 and we would all be in here smiling and high five'in.

There were two passes that Gabbert missed on yesterday that were game changing, touchdown scoring passes. Easy throws too. You just cant miss on those. In the Dallas game you can say that the Unnecessary Roughness call changed the game because it kept a drive alive and allow Dallas to score their first points,gave them momentum ,changed the game. Yesterday those missed TD passes did the same. Lets say Kap in game is marginally better. (Like if Gabbert in Madden was rated a 64 and Kap 71 lol) You gotta believe he makes those passes. He may have issues staring receivers down but we've seen him connect on those big down the field passes before. I haven't seen Gabbert do that once!! Gabbert does a few things well, but the part that he is really bad at is really costing the team. You just cannot miss on those game winning/game changing "layups" . And he consistently does that week after after.

With 10 days till the next game, all this locker room upset chatter and some of the comments Chip made after the game, you gotta believe that the change finally comes. Again if it doesn't, then the reasons have nothing to do with football.

^ I just don't understand why Kap is the backup, but he isn't ready to play. Why not have Ponder be the #2? Regardless if he doesn't know the playbook or not.

That's why this whole thing sounds fishy....

Another thing that upset me was in the 3rd quarter i believe where they threw up the stat that Blain had only thrown to or completed pass to Kerley and Celek. I'm not sure how much of that is the other receivers getting open but that's gotta be frustrating as hell.

Here's how he ended the game

Targets:
Kerley: 14
Patton: 2
T. Smith: 1
Streater: 1

I also thought during the game that the way Simms was selling the hell outta Gabbert was weird and I'm glad he got called out on it:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/10...gabbert-comments-michael-irvin-called-him-out

Last edited:
I think Kaep goes in next game. Chip said theyre going to "look at everything" regarding a QB change which is a different tune than what he's been singing before this game.

I was listening to parts of the game on 810 & I know Ted Robinson's job depends on him being a 49ers shill but he refused to blame Gabbert for anything. Always "there was pressure in his face" or whatever, and there definitely was pressure in his face but not once did Ted call him out for bad throws. Combine that with how much Simms was protecting Gabbert & there has to be a sign from upper management or something.

Im no expert but even I can see that Gabbert is not a good QB because of his consistency. This has been said on here, but Gab is the worst of Qbs. Hell make a couple great throws followed by some piece of **** throws. Doing enough to keep his job.

If the niners are going to have a top pick in draft they have to get help for run Defense. Juju wouldnt help if there aint no player able to get the ball out.

:nerd:
who could be potential DC candidates?

LOL here we go. this is what chip meant by "look at everything"

CSNAuthentic  ‏@CSNAuthentic   24s24 seconds ago

Sources: Christian Ponder has support in #49ers' locker room (via @MaioccoCSN)
While the most obvious move would be to promote Colin Kaepernick into the starting role, sources told CSNBayArea.com on Friday morning that there is some support among the team’s offensive players for Christian Ponder to move ahead of both Gabbert and Kaepernick.

“Ponder is the best option for quarterback on the roster,” said a locker-room source.

Last edited:
Can you start a podcast, red? We can call in and ****?

YOU ARE NOW ENTERING...THE RED ZONE (*whispering voice* redzone redzone redzone redzone)

don't think it would do very well. every segment would be about how terrible the yorks are and how they'll never live down firing harbaugh. i would be *****ing more than everyone.

Back
Top Bottom