:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brah a 5 win season??? Doubt that's possible with gabbert starting.
i said this before this past season and everyone got real mad at me. sf has aging guys on defense and need to address it. their offense isn't going to get better with a few skill position adds. i simply don't think a first round pick on a WR is the right way to go. 

cause you'll be spending a first round pick on a QB the year after and rebuilding. 

sf got plagued with injuries and touch match ups and a lot of scrutiny. i sad something like 9ers wont make the playoffs, and people blasted me... so when they really started sucking, the media feasted. meanwhile harbs was mailing it in already and kap was the scapegoat. 

i guess i'm saying i am bullish on kap to be a lot better. 

your reasoning was not why the team fell apart tho.

and you're wrong about defense. this was a top 5 defense that was infused with young talent from the previous draft. chris borland, aaron lynch, quinton dial, tank carradine, dontae johnson, etc. Tank was beasting at the end of the year.
pimp.gif
 all played a vital role in last year's top 5 defense and without our 2 best players in Bow(26 yrs old) and Aldon(25 yrs old).

we need depth at OT, DL, WR, *RB and *CB.

* Brock, Reaser and Acker will be ready to go this year. Leon McFadden looked pretty good too.

* contingent on Frank coming back or not

Last edited:

your reasoning was not why the team fell apart tho.

and you're wrong about defense. this was a top 5 defense that was infused with young talent from the previous draft. chris borland, aaron lynch, tank carradine, dontae johnson, etc. all played a vital role in last year's top 5 defense and without our 2 best players in Bow and Aldon.
are u kidding, if you look at my posts from before the 2014 season, i hit every nail on the head. what are you going to do when justin smith isn't around? when has drafting a rookie WR helped a team that has a huge question mark for its most important position (QB)... the o-line isn't going to get better overnight so just punt offense and make the defense a scary defense, not a statistically "top defense"... and there are problems at corner too... 

everyone with their mock drafts wants a top WR. great. maybe odell beckham & co. has everyone delusional but the best rookie WR is not going to help this team. they play arizona, seattle, and the rams twice... but whatever i'm not going to argue against you experts. just opinions. 

Sorry man, but you didn't. You keep focusing on our weakside 5-technique while ignoring our other young studs like Aaron Lynch, who rushes from the strong side. he didn't need Justin to get pressure.

You talk about the offensive line, yet ignore the fact that Anthony Davis missed the whole season. We literally couldn't run power to the right side because of the liability that was Jonathan Martin. All of this will be addressed in the draft.

Yes, Kap concern is legitimate.

Injuries were insurmountable last year. 

btw you do know you get more than 1 pick in the draft? So picking a wide receiver with one pick doesn't compromise your entire draft, and the guys we've been discussing are mid-round picks....

Last edited:
brandon lloyd not being resigned this off season?

he's old but he came up big multiple times

Sorry man, but you didn't. You keep focusing on our weakside 5-technique while ignoring our other young studs like Aaron Lynch, who rushes from the strong side. he didn't need Justin to get pressure.

You talk about the offensive line, yet ignore the fact that Anthony Davis missed the whole season. We literally couldn't run power to the right side because of the liability that was Jonathan Martin. All of this will be addressed in the draft.

Yes, Kap concern is legitimate.

Injuries were insurmountable last year. 

btw you do know you get more than 1 pick in the draft? So picking a wide receiver with one pick doesn't compromise your entire draft...
I said offensive line... offensive line was a problem... I said and still think Harbs was the most detrimental factor to the team last year. Y'all can't run because your RBs are beat in addition to the o-line. I said injuries would be a problem, and they were. I said playing in a tough division and having a hard schedule would be bad too, and it was. 

I really don't know where I was wrong except Justin Smith was still dominate and I thought father time would catch up to him. And I put my money where my mouth was and placed a significantly large bet, which I can show if you really want. 

I'm not saying 9ers shouldn't draft WRs AT ALL in this draft. Just they shouldn't spend their first round pick or early picks on WRs. I don't think I'm wrong. 

Offensive line was a problem because our young stud of a right tackle, arguably our best player on the line now, missed the entire season. What don't you understand? One half of the line was literally neutralized by his absence. Like I said in the previous post, we could not run power, our staple play, to the right side of the line because of how horrible Jonathan Martin was at the point of attack.

Last edited:

Offensive line was a problem because our young stud of a right tackle, arguably our best player on the line now, missed the entire season. What don't you understand? One half of the line was literally neutralized by his absence. Like I said in the previous post, we could not run power to the right side of the line because of how horrible Jonathan Martin was at the point of attack.
dude one guy? injuries happen. how many times have you seen okung, or the ******** left tackle, or even manning's left tackle (a season ago) go out and have the entire o-line collpase? what if he gets injured again, are the 9ers going to be screwed again? 

wow, red skins is a censored word? 

Last edited:
Lol

Okung plays in a zone scheme. Your example is horrible. I am done partaking in this rudimentary discourse. 

Last edited:
Say whatever you want or don't say it. I guess you should just keep your fingers crossed that your one man o-line doesn't get hurt or doesn't show up out of shape or doesn't regress at all. It's crazy to say it was one guy. And I know Martin sucked. But no, your entire offense didn't depend on one guy. 

Sorry dude. I don't want to come off as a condescending prick, but your logic is a little flawed. You compared a guy who plays in a coached up(by one of the best in Tom Cable), team concept to a scheme that revolves around individual players with particular attributes winning their individual battles.

btw this is hilarious. the replies are hilarious. 
roll.gif

[h1]Seahawks’ 12th Man license expires next year[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on February 7, 2015, 2:20 PM EST

12.jpg
Getty Images
The Seahawks have a problem, unrelated to the outcome of the football game played six days ago.

Via KING-5 News in Seattle, the team’s license to use the 12th Man slogan expires soon.

The term was first used by Texas A&M, years ago.  In 1990, the school obtained federal trademark protection for the 12th Man phrase.

Litigation against the Seahawks resulted in a settlement that acknowledged Texas A&M’s rights to the label, and that licensed the Seahawks to make limited use of the term for payment of only $5,000 per year.

The deal, struck in 2006 and renewed in 2011, runs out in 2016.  Texas A&M says that negotiations on an extension have begun, and that the school would like to continue the arrangement.

The question becomes how much Texas A&M will want, in light of the fact that the Seahawks have gained considerable notoriety — and generated significant money — through the use of the number 12, which shows up on flags and jerseys sold by the franchise.  Given that the team is owned by a billionaire and that the Seahawks generating millions every year, Texas A&M should be asking for a lot more than $5,000 per year in the current talks.
 The Seahawks’ relevancy and bandwagon passes will expire around that time too so it’s not a big deal.
 They’ll pass on the opportunity to renew the license.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you find it ironic Davis came back the final two games and Gore rushed for 250+ those games?
wink.gif

We definitely need to grab a tackle in the upcoming draft. Need the depth badly. I never want to see Jonathan Martin again. 
sick.gif
 Hopefully he gets beat out by a rookiem, which shouldn't be too hard.

Staley - Marcus Martin/Brandon Thomas - Kilgore - Boone - Davis

That should be our starting line next season.

Last edited:
Staley and iupati had some horrendous games without a doubt. Kilgore looked like a mainstay until he got hurt.

Still 5 wins is a mr.Fantastic reach homie.

Sorry dude, I don't want to come off as a condescending prick, but your logic is a little flawed, and you compared a guy who plays in a coached up(by one of the best in Tom Cable), team concept to a scheme that revolves around individual players with particular attributes winning their individual battles.

btw this is hilarious. the replies are hilarous. 
roll.gif

I just threw out names of tackles that get injured because injury is a part of the game. If you think a healthy Davis would have had Frank Gore running like Demarco Murray, you're wrong. Gore is old as dirt. If you think Davis was the reason y'all were 8-8, you're wrong. And also, I guess like I've been saying, you should really hope he doesn't get injured.

I'm guessing you find it ironic Davis came back the final two games and Gore rushed for 250+ those games?
Yeah but you guys were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and Harbs was making deals with Mich. I remember Gore had two big games at the end of the season. I think Kap did okay too. Maybe it was all Anthony Davis all along. 

What does our elimination have to do with him running for 250? You saying SD and AZ just allowed him to run rampant despite them playing for a playoff berth and home field advantage?

What does our elimination have to do with him running for 250? You saying SD and AZ just allowed him to run rampant despite them playing for a playoff berth and home field advantage?
This guy makes no sense lol.

He's one of the reasons I don't post in the NFL thread. I still remember the idiot trying to explain Seattle's defensive philosophy as "cover 4". Hahahhaha. It's amazing how clueless the average NFL fan is.

Last edited:
No, I'm saying do you really think he's going to be running for 250 yards next year or do you think he'll probably be that 50 yard 10 year vet. I don't think Hyde sucks. The only point I was making was the entire team has holes. It has a fragile *** o-line. I don't think a vertical threat rookie WR is the answer. That's really it. 

Are you guys serious right now? You think Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde will consistently be able to establish the run next year? I never said anything about Seattle Cover 4, must have confused me with some other novice unworthy of your football genius. Lol it's one thing to be cocky and smug when you guys were playoff regulars (like it was at the beginning of last season on this thread)... but after that season, to be so smug about your team is something else. 

Last edited:
That's why you add depth through free agency or the draft....Same with the offensive line...I don't think you understand how this all works. Do you think Frank Gore magically sprung up from the grasses of candlestick? Like Nolan planted some RB seeds, watered them and then harvested before fall?

and I wasn't referring to you about the cover 4 analysis. 
roll.gif
 It was some other idiot. But your football logic is very similar.

Last edited:
Are you guys serious right now? You think Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde will consistently be able to establish the run next year? I never said anything about Seattle Cover 4, must have confused me with some other novice unworthy of your football genius. Lol it's one thing to be cocky and smug when you guys were playoff regulars (like it was at the beginning of last season on this thread)... but after that season, to be so smug about your team is something else. 

View media item 1391607

Back
Top Bottom