:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
conklin is a stud! mel kiper was praising him today and called him the most underrated prospect in the entire draft.

Joe Fann  ‏@Joe_Fann   2h2 hours ago

Mel Kiper said he likes value of OT at No. 7 over a top defensive prospect. He called MSU's Jack Conklin most underrated prospect in draft.
this is my favorite sequence of the mich st vs oregon game. mich st has their backs to their own goal line and conklin is 1 on 1 with buckner. big boy play right here by conklin. power vs power. conklin anchored down and neutralized buckner's power rush. 
pimp.gif

NZymHMXL5NwEE.gif

Last edited:
 Ian Rapoport  ‏@RapSheet  2m2 minutes ago

#LaTech RB Kenneth Dixon spent today visiting with the #Texans, per source. He was busy, with predraft visits to #49ers, #Ravens & #Patriots
I would love to have Dixon, but not if it costs a day 2 pick. Hopefully he slips to day 3.

Last edited:
with both QBs going 1 and 2, the chargers now impact us the most with who they take at 3. 

if they don't take buckner, i think he makes it to us with either ramsey or tunsel going at 6.

Last edited:
1.) goff/wentz

2.)goff/wentz

3.)laremy tunsil/jalen ramsey

4.)joey bosa/ezekiel elliott

5.) myles jack

6.)laremy tunsil/jalen ramsey

happy.gif

chip gone, but the dumb decisions continue in philly. browns got a huge haul. 
laugh.gif

glad baalke doesn't cave in on this ****.

Hoping for a comeback year from Reid.

With the ammount of young talent on this roster already on defense plus hopefully more great talent through the draft Baalke this defense gonna be legit.

Last edited:
1.) goff/wentz
2.)goff/wentz
3.)laremy tunsil/jalen ramsey
4.)joey bosa/ezekiel elliott
5.) myles jack
6.)laremy tunsil/jalen ramsey

:D
I still want Myles Jack. Knee speculation doesn't worry me pre draft time is lying season. Scouts would love a guy to be considered risky so that they can fall.

Last edited:
i hope the rumors of tennessee loving stanley are true. a trade back to their 15 spot and getting comped a 2nd would be perfect. you can go jack conklin, shaq lawson or vernon butler at 15. im good with all 3.

Last edited:
red, I know you're high on Buckner. if by chance he falls to 7, do you think he'd be ready to start in the NFL? besides Aaron Lynch getting a decent amount of snaps two seasons ago, it seems like Baalke has no issue sitting rookies.

After seeing the Rams and Eagles move up to 1 and 2, I'm beginning to come to terms with the fact that we wont have Goff or Wentz :\ |I but if we can get this defense back to those 2012 days, I have no issue with Sunshine getting snaps.

This draft is going to be super interesting , can't wait.

Either way we gotta be excited with some of our young guys getting in more play.

red, I know you're high on Buckner. if by chance he falls to 7, do you think he'd be ready to start in the NFL? besides Aaron Lynch getting a decent amount of snaps two seasons ago, it seems like Baalke has no issue sitting rookies.

yes, he is 100% ready. leaps and bounds more developed in his game than armstead was coming out of college.

buckner would likely play the right side since that's his natural position, so he'd be next to eli harold/ahmad brooks.

we will likely have to rely on a heavy rotation due to the high number of snaps our defense will have to play. we want to keep our D-line as fresh as possible.i could see dorsey/dial getting base downs, and armstead/buckner playing nickel/rushing packages.

Last edited:
one thing i give vernon butler over buckner is the fact that butler can play multiple positions. he can stay on the field and play in every package. this is important when you're playing a team that runs an uptempo offense and doesn't let you rotate players in.

if you recall last year, the new york giants ran an uptempo offense that forced ian williams and tony jerod eddie to stay on the field. since those 2 guys strength isn't pass rushing and we couldn't rotate other guys in, our defense was generating no pressure because our best pass rushers were on the sideline.

with butler, you have a guy who can be a space eater anywhere along the line on run downs AND generate his own pass rush on passing downs. very unique player in that aspect.

Last edited:
How about Tunsil guys? Think its worth it trading up to #3 to get him?

Or if Chargers go Ramsey, Cowboys already have one of the best Oline in the league... So I don't see them needing Tunsil

Man, this will be interesting

Cowboys didn't resign Hardy and Demarcus Lawrence is about to get suspended. Looks like you can pencil in Joey Bosa at 4.

he could fill the void, but his game is nothing like cowboy's game. there's nobody like cowboy. one of a kind. 
frown.gif

i see buckner as a fetcher cox type player. he could come in and give you nice stat sheet production, but even bigger production that doesn't necessarily translate to the stat sheet.

at 6'4" and 295 lbs, justin smith has the desired size for the 5-technique. elite strength and quickness combination creates disruptive force that constantly resets the line of scrimmage all game. regarded as one of the strongest players in the league by his peers. plays with excellent instincts and awareness. strong as an ox and anchors down against double teams effortlessly. generates jarring power from upper body and hip explosion. when he wins leverage, bull rush becomes nearly unblockable one on one. motor runs scalding hot and plays with a sense of urgency. pursues relentlessly on the backside of plays until the whistle. closing burst to the sideline for a big man.  selfless player that willingly sacrifices own production for the betterment of the team. 
what yall think 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom