:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I got some OG Playoff 13s from a friend....and he did a crappy job of putting white shoe polish on the midsoles, does anyone know how to take the polish offand an alternative for making them whiter.

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Is there anything I can do to clean this part on my III's? i tried windex with a old toothbrush and everything but it still doesn't work.
eyes.gif

THX
happy.gif

seaglow works wonders on white rubber

Originally Posted by hardhitta15

I got some OG Playoff 13s from a friend....and he did a crappy job of putting white shoe polish on the midsoles, does anyone know how to take the polish off and an alternative for making them whiter.

try seaglow. it strips off shoe polish ..and makes it whiter.
eek.gif

just use the silica packs and that should take out odors over time.

unless u want to risk dumping them in the washer

also u can change out the insole

what does the shoe stink of cigs that bad?

Ok I see all the the clean maintenance, but i have the 5's in gray and green,(reflective materIAL), I love these shoes, but i dont wear them alot because,i dont know what to clean them with. Warm water was working for a alittle while. Do any1 know wut to use oin these things????????

Could you possibly wear a pair of 99 black cement IVs if they have a little crack on the midsole. Could you put a special type of glue to fix them?

Is there any way someone can sent me the pics on the creasing because for some reason they do not open.

pm me

thanks

HELP!!!!! I HAVE WADE 1.3 CHRISTMAS EDITION AND I GOT LITTLE BLACK SPOTS ON THEWHITE TOE PART! I TRIED SHOE POLISH BUT IT DIDNT WORK WHAT KIND OF PAINT WOULD BLEND THE BEST WITH THE WHITE PATENT LEATHER!ALSO I WANT TO RETIRE A PAIR OF SHOES AND WILL AN IRON GET THE CREASES OUT? HELP QUICK!

HEY I SPRAYED SOME OF THAT FOAMING SNEAKER CLEANER ON I THINK EITHER SUEDE OR NUBUCK (IM NOT SURE) BUT NOW MY SNEAKER HAS A BIG BLOTCH ON IT I PICKED UP THEWRONG CAN AND ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT OUT??????

Originally Posted by kings castle

HEY I SPRAYED SOME OF THAT FOAMING SNEAKER CLEANER ON I THINK EITHER SUEDE OR NUBUCK (IM NOT SURE) BUT NOW MY SNEAKER HAS A BIG BLOTCH ON IT I PICKED UP THE WRONG CAN AND ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT OUT??????

HMMM WHAT SHOE IS IT AND WHAT DID U SPRAY ON IT?

I wanna buy some Barkeeper's Friend to clean some mesh on some XIs. 2 questions. Am I buying the original Barkeeper's Friend powder in the gold can?AND, does BKF work on white sockliners? (wanna clean some dr.dooms.)

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

Originally Posted by hardhitta15

I got some OG Playoff 13s from a friend....and he did a crappy job of putting white shoe polish on the midsoles, does anyone know how to take the polish off and an alternative for making them whiter.

try seaglow. it strips off shoe polish ..and makes it whiter.
eek.gif
Do you apply the seaglow just like on the Vs and leave it in the sun?....I have a pair of Penny 1s, and the bottom part of the midsole is yellowinga bit...any info on how you did it would be appreciated

Brought out my spizikes from the box today and saw this:
2d6k2tt.jpg

9zvlsp.jpg

2r5u5n8.jpg

will this peeling get worse, or is it pretty much contained to this one spot? Everything else on the midsole looks just fine (worn 3 times), but I'mwondering if there is any sealer or paint I can fix this with so it does not spread

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

Originally Posted by kings castle

HEY I SPRAYED SOME OF THAT FOAMING SNEAKER CLEANER ON I THINK EITHER SUEDE OR NUBUCK (IM NOT SURE) BUT NOW MY SNEAKER HAS A BIG BLOTCH ON IT I PICKED UP THE WRONG CAN AND ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IT OUT??????

HMMM WHAT SHOE IS IT AND WHAT DID U SPRAY ON IT?
ITS NOT A JORDAN SHOE AND I DONT SEE CARE MAINTAINANCE ON NIKE RETRO

ITS THE EARTHQUAKE NIKE DUNKS THE GREY WITH THE PURPLE ON THE BACK

I SPRAYED A FOOTLOCKER FOAMING CLEANER FOR ALL SHOES EXCEPT NUBUCK AND SUEDE

TheKid973 - Febreeze Anti-Bacterial spray does wonders for removing nasty odors.

kings castle - Read the label next time. As for the stains, I am facing a similar dilemma as well, and would love to know the solution. Here's a pic of the stain (AF1Mids w/Suede)

northparkblind - Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a lil elbow grease (if those are scuffs).

airjordanjack - you can use a blowdryer, but I've heard people saying that weakens the air units and makes them pop.

I Love AF1 - I have heard of this tecnique but these are already barely wearable, so i dont want to try that lol. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom