:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

The paint on my 2011 white cement iii's is peeling/chipping off like crazy. Its starting to slowly show the gray material under sick.gif

I know some of you have experience with this, so I was gonna ask what should I do?

I was thinking about carefully using white paint and touch up the spots that are peeling with a thin paint brush. Or using a thick based white nail polish.

What do you guys think? I'm at school right now so I cant post pics later when I get home, but I'm pretty sure most of you have an idea of what I'm talking about since JB has been screwing us all lately.

The paint on my 2011 white cement iii's is peeling/chipping off like crazy. Its starting to slowly show the gray material under sick.gif

I know some of you have experience with this, so I was gonna ask what should I do?

I was thinking about carefully using white paint and touch up the spots that are peeling with a thin paint brush. Or using a thick based white nail polish.

What do you guys think? I'm at school right now so I cant post pics later when I get home, but I'm pretty sure most of you have an idea of what I'm talking about since JB has been screwing us all lately.

if you dont want to strip the entire white part and repaint then just fix the spots that are showing the damage, if the spots arent too big you should be fine but get the right paint, i use angelus paint and can vouch for it being a great paint but if you use too much without the duller it will be obvious because it is glossy paint on its own but wil llook better than grey anyway.

When you can, take some pics of the spots and post them before you do anything to it.

Made an interesting discovery while repairing my SpaceJams. Will post pics at some point but the air units seemed to have dry rotted. They were my grails as they say and didn't wear them as much as I should have. Resulted in sole separation and crumbled air units. SMH

if you dont want to strip the entire white part and repaint then just fix the spots that are showing the damage, if the spots arent too big you should be fine but get the right paint, i use angelus paint and can vouch for it being a great paint but if you use too much without the duller it will be obvious because it is glossy paint on its own but wil llook better than grey anyway.

Thanks bro, I'll look into it. Also beh35, I just took these photos of the parts that are cracking/peeling. As you can see from the last picture, I have taken good care of these shoes but the quality JB comes out with is pathetic:

Would a touch up with paint do the job?

It would do the job but not for long. The rest of the paint will crack. And depending on what paint you use, that may not even last. Your best bet Is to repaint them.

It would do the job but not for long. The rest of the paint will crack. And depending on what paint you use, that may not even last. Your best bet Is to repaint them.

How do I repaint them? Do you mean strip off the first layer of paint with acetone and then repaint it?

Last edited:

How do I repaint them? Do you mean strip off the first layer of paint with acetone and then repaint it?

Yep

Strip off the white paint currently on there and replace it with Angelous white paint

Got back to this thread late, but yeah that's the best thing to do. To be honest, I don't think you should do this right now. Judging how they look from far away, you're still good, just wipe them down after every wear. I would say you can hold out a bit more to repaint the whole thing. I doubt people are going to be walking up to you to notice the flaws that close. I enjoy kicks as much as the next man, but I think we sometimes get too anal about our kicks. You get a certain joy when the shoe looks beat and you revive them and they look fresh. Good luck man. This job shouldn't be too difficult when you do it.

I am trying to restore these anniversary 11s i got them in a damn good trade and the guy beat them to **** i have already cleaned the dirt off of them but i still have a few questions

1. On the midsoles they are yellow right above the carbon fiber ( first picture) how do i clean that back to snow white"
2. I have heard of rit whitener for the mesh, where do i purchase it and is it bad to touch the gray on the tounge with it
3. What is the best way to clean the patent leather to get the dirty off, and then what to put over it to protect it.
4. What do i use to make stitching white again
5. I plan on sea glowing it and have used. Seaglow before so the soles are no problem to me.

^sir charles you seem to be very sneaker wise so your help would be appreciated

When it comes to paint you wanna use white black and a color close to your color for you you want a blue and get white and black mix em till they match but make sure the paint matches when its dry, then after you have a nice blend/match get to painting

Whats the best shoe cleaner use at there? Jason Markk or lincoln EZ cleaner? Which is better for YOTR 7s?
60a2e039_DSCN0360.jpeg

When it comes to paint you wanna use white black and a color close to your color for you you want a blue and get white and black mix em till they match but make sure the paint matches when its dry, then after you have a nice blend/match get to painting

For true blue, if you can get another pair to match it perfectly, do so. If not, get the blue angelus paint, pour a bit in a styrofoam cup, ONE DROP of black, TWO drops of white to start out and tinker with it from there, it's not exact, but I strongly suggest at the very least have the true blue color in front of you when you mix it, and even still when you paint the midsole it will come out a little weird. For me it was trial and error mixing it, but I was able to get it perfectly. If I still have the pics, I'll post what I did wrong and show the correction.

I recently got the Bred XI and I used sneaker shields on them. Problem is that the patent leather on the toebox has an outlining of the sneaker shields and you see a little bump at the top which is really bothering me. It's only on the right one. I know some other restoration people who can take out any bumps and creases but they charge a lot for that. I heard that the ironing method might work but I don't want the patent leather to be damaged. So does anyone know how to decrease/flatten the patent leather? Thanks.

I remember i was on youtube one time and this guy said wearing better insoles would help keep 3s and 4s from cracking. Im just curious is tthere any more info on this? Is it true? Do any of you guys use insoles in your shoes?

I am trying to restore these anniversary 11s i got them in a damn good trade and the guy beat them to **** i have already cleaned the dirt off of them but i still have a few questions

1. On the midsoles they are yellow right above the carbon fiber ( first picture) how do i clean that back to snow white"
2. I have heard of rit whitener for the mesh, where do i purchase it and is it bad to touch the gray on the tounge with it
3. What is the best way to clean the patent leather to get the dirty off, and then what to put over it to protect it.
4. What do i use to make stitching white again
5. I plan on sea glowing it and have used. Seaglow before so the soles are no problem to me.

Alright here you go;
1.) I'd really just suggest some general cleaning. Break out the toothbrush and start scrubbing some dish soap and water into the midsole. It should come right out.

2.) you can get it at Giant, Walmart, basically everywhere. No it's not bad to let it hit e other colors, it's pretty safe. It will whiten whites, not change colors.

3.) wipe the patent down with a baby wipe/ wet wipe to get the excess dirt of. Then rub a bit of lotion into the PL to get its shine back. I wouldn't really protect it, but I heard armor all could do the trick.

4.) I've never gotten stitching perfectly white. It's just so small it's never worked. But try the RIT with it. It's not guaranteed

5.) don't use sea glow, it will take the traction off your shoes so you'll slide all over the place. Go with retrobrite. It's cheaper, and safer.

:pimp:

Last edited:
I bought a pair of Concords off craigslist, but the sole is starting to separate. And advice on what glue I should use to seal it up so I don't have to worry about dirt, rocks etc getting in there?

Back
Top Bottom