:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

The page before this one.
I did the method but the scuffs stayed the same it but it did remove some dirt that I didn't even know was in the material. Maybe because the scuff is bad??

I
If I'm right and it is discoloration some suede dye would fx it up, but don't quote me on it. Try a stronger suede/nubuck cleaner such as Lincoln EZ Cleaner before you do anything else
I have Jason markk is Lincoln ez cleaner better?? I don't the right towel either(microfrobic) which doesn't make the material gather lint. is that okay?

I
If I'm right and it is discoloration some suede dye would fx it up, but don't quote me on it. Try a stronger suede/nubuck cleaner such as Lincoln EZ Cleaner before you do anything else
I have Jason markk is Lincoln ez cleaner better?? I don't the right towel either(microfrobic) which doesn't make the material gather lint. is that okay?

Jason markk will work.

Can this do any justice to it?

Completely up to you.

It has a high chance of looking terrible. I dyed a pair of 2002 charcoal 7s, and they came out terribly. Looking really inky. So I won't tell you to do it, and I won't tell you not to. It's up to your own skill.

I would leave it as is, but if it bothers you that much do what you must.

Completely up to you.

It has a high chance of looking terrible. I dyed a pair of 2002 charcoal 7s, and they came out terribly. Looking really inky. So I won't tell you to do it, and I won't tell you not to. It's up to your own skill.

I would leave it as is, but if it bothers you that much do what you must.
Alright thanks for the help man

Ok..here it is...the ArmoraAll video I promised. The idea is pretty straight forward, but I thought I'd show you my exact method. I also highlight some results I've had with other pairs. I don't know yet how extensively it will slow yellowing of netting and icy soles because I just started this a week ago, but you will see how nicely it conditions midsoles and outsoles. Peep this...

Please don't use acetone... Never use acetone as a matter of fact to clean the air unit.

Acetone is a high solvent and it will eat up the plastic air unit. It will make it cloudy and you won't be able to see through the air unit. Use Mineral spirits or paint thinner.. 

oh okay. didn't know that. thanks!

I need help with the tounge is dirty and need to clean them up, and there is paint cracking on the patent leather which hopefully can be fixed

Private message me witha  fix.

I think you best bet is to send this Raleigh Restorations he has an account here but I forgot it from my lurking days. Anyway here's his facebook page you can talk to him there: https://www.facebook.com/RaleighRestorations. He's likely your best bet to restore you sneakers even though here's a bit far from where you are. Some people around here can vouch for him but I haven't used his services yet because I haven't had anything that was too bad I couldn't fix. He does some amazing work but it's pretty expensive but if your dead set on getting restored to anything near deadstock then he's your best bet even thought he's not in the Orlando area you should try him out. 
thanks ill try my luck and talk to him and see. 

Hey guys, sorry I've been real busy but have now turned into a "lurker" as I used to be around 2005 when I never posted nor had a user name. S/O to @italipino, looks like it works but something you'll definitely need to keep up with but definitely has potential! I still see people posting the same questions and saying they don't want to sort through 200 pages of crap to find an answer but really, most of y'alls questions are 2 pages back at the max. I've been really busy with restorations/customs and am truly blessed to be doing something I love. I'll try to post more often but my Instagram, email and facebook keep me very occupied trying to get to everyone in a timely manner. Here's some photos for everyone's viewing pleasure, if you have any question s please ask and i'll be happy to try and answer anything that doesn't reveal too much!

Hey guys, sorry I've been real busy but have now turned into a "lurker" as I used to be around 2005 when I never posted nor had a user name. S/O to @italipino, looks like it works but something you'll definitely need to keep up with but definitely has potential! I still see people posting the same questions and saying they don't want to sort through 200 pages of crap to find an answer but really, most of y'alls questions are 2 pages back at the max. I've been really busy with restorations/customs and am truly blessed to be doing something I love. I'll try to post more often but my Instagram, email and facebook keep me very occupied trying to get to everyone in a timely manner. Here's some photos for everyone's viewing pleasure, if you have any question s please ask and i'll be happy to try and answer anything that doesn't reveal too much!

Thanks for the props Raleigh...means a lot coming from you. Yeah...true...it's something you need to keep up with. But I don't mind because i LIKE cleaning my shoes. I've actually tweaked my process a bit. Instead of wiping off the armorall with a terry towel right away, I let it sit for a while till it's as dry as it's gonna get, about 20 mins. THEN, I take the towel and work in the excess, and get that "too wet" look to look more natural. I find that this way, the armorall has time to soak in, or adhere to the surface better. But got it looks and feels amazing. The netting feels so soft and supple, and the midsoles on my shoes pop so hard now. I bet it's fairly waterproof now too, so the soles should stay icy longer. And now that I saw how clean my Bred 11 soles were after wearing them with the armorall treatment, I'm convinced that the soles won't yellow as fast on icy soles since the dirt has such a hard time getting imbedded in the sole. I still can't get over how much better the shoe looks overall. I did the black tabs on the back of my Stealth 3s, and the blue tabs on the back of my CAVS 4s, and MY GOD it looks amazing. It's just a ***** because there is like a buildup around the raised areas like the jumpan and the A I R....so I get a q tip and work around the edges so it doesn't have that buildup. Yeah, I'll be using this method from now on. Only thing is...the carton only has 25 wipes...so if i go thru them too fast, or it get's too pricey, I'll switch to the same product but the spray bottle version, and just dedicate a towel to that product. Just spray it on the towel or a paper towel and do it that way. IDK we'll see.

Last edited:
Hey guys I have some shoes that I am selling on ebay and was wondering if they were worth cleaning up. Could you tell me if I should try to remove the creases or leave them as is. Also what would be the best way to clean em. I have some suede nubuck  cleaner called MINT that I bought from footlocker. I used them on my 09 varsity red 6s and it kinda faded the color Here are some pics

Hey guys i need advice on cleaning and uncreasing these shoes. I am going to put them on ebay and was wondering if I should even decrease them(would it be worth the risk). I have the MINT footlocker cleaner but I think it left one my shoes alittle ashy(Tried them on the Varsity Red 6s 09) If you guys could give me some advice on restoring or just touching them up. For the aqua 8s should i use soap and water or the Footlocker mint? Can i get the creases out the aquas?How do I bring the color back to the toe box of the 6s? The XIII he got game should i just clean the leather with soap and water or should i just use the armor all leather wipe? Should I even try to decrease the Jordan 5 UNC blue?

Hey guys, so I have a pair of Spacejams from 01's that I want to restore. The sole is splitting from the midsole and I was wondering what glue was recommended for this restoration project.

The soles are also yellow and I recall that seaglow would be effective in restoring the orlignal clear color.

Any additional advice would be great!

Hey guys, so I have a pair of Spacejams from 01's that I want to restore. The sole is splitting from the midsole and I was wondering what glue was recommended for this restoration project.

The soles are also yellow and I recall that seaglow would be effective in restoring the orlignal clear color.

Any additional advice would be great!

Good thing they are space jams no white mesh :smile:

But I recommend the E-6000 glue for your sole.

And use retrobrite instead of sea glow, if you use sea glow it will take the traction off of your shoes.

Back
Top Bottom