:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I tried to rub it out but noticed the color was rubbing out on the towel also I notice my toothbrush getting dark. It looks like dye and not dirt.
Oh I see.

Stop trying to clean them. That happens a lot with older retros. I did this on my charcoal 7s from 2002 and they ended up looking like DMPs 
tired.gif

Oh I see.

Stop trying to clean them. That happens a lot with older retros. I did this on my charcoal 7s from 2002 and they ended up looking like DMPs 
tired.gif
I see they are the 20s and 21s from the cdp packs i am trying to clean. I will post some pictures up asap.

Thank you charles, yah seller said he used angelus but never got the colour right. I might buy them and make them my summer project or something. Would i be mixing the white and grey until i get the right shade?
I've never done this, nor do i really know what I'm talking about when it comes to painting midsoles, but it looks to me that if you just use white to lighten the grey, you won't get the right color. To me it looks like the grey you are trying to achieve is more "yellow" in addition to being ligher. So I would guess you need to use a pinch of yellow in addition to the white.

WOO

Turtle feathers came through and get me my package a day early 
nthat.gif

Already got the 1st two coats of white and sapphire on the Militaries. I'm going to do some other cleaning and then post pics on friday.

Got the fire red on the 8s and it looks great, but I have no gray to finish the job. None in the garage either.

And turtle feathers has really great deals. 1 ounce bottles for $2. I thought it would only be a little bit but this is enough to repaint a lot of crap. 2 bottles of each color.

Update; Added black to the white and made a gray, it didnt stick well because they were two different types of paints. The militaries have officially been finished. I'll be wearing them around tomorrow to see how everything holds. The 8s need to get a better coat of gray before I can finally glue the shoe back together. This project is closing up nicely and I hope to find more gems in my closet. Or get a few donations from some NT'ers 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Alright NT, my 01 blk/cement midsole have yellowed, Took to local shoe repair shop and he had a white spray paint (not Angelus) and would tape it up, pour paint in pot, and paint it lightly a few coats etc....Want to know what is best process for this? Strip the old paint down and then repaint (doesnt yellow mean paint is pretty much stripped?) Also i've heard painting with Kiwi white dye is good trick?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Bonus pic

@charles, if you only just painted them i'd let them sit and dry for like 3-4 days at least. Just to let the paint stick better

Last edited:
^ Wore them today no chipping or anything. I forgot how much I liked these things. No paint chipped from my wear either.
Alright NT, my 01 blk/cement midsole have yellowed, Took to local shoe repair shop and he had a white spray paint (not Angelus) and would tape it up, pour paint in pot, and paint it lightly a few coats etc....Want to know what is best process for this? Strip the old paint down and then repaint (doesnt yellow mean paint is pretty much stripped?) Also i've heard painting with Kiwi white dye is good trick?

Bonus pic

Strip all of the existing paint. Cop some Angelus White, and black. The repaint. The angelus bottles comes with a brush built into the cap and it works pretty well. 

After I strip the paint, I tape around the area with 2 layers of painters tape. Then I take a SMALL amount of paint and start brushing it until it wont move any farther. Steadily that creates a thin bottom layer of paint. Then I brush more paint on top of that layer just a tad bit thicker. 

Don't use any dyes, they don't stick to the material.

^ Wore them today no chipping or anything. I forgot how much I liked these things. No paint chipped from my wear either.

Bonus pic

Strip all of the existing paint. Cop some Angelus White, and black. The repaint. The angelus bottles comes with a brush built into the cap and it works pretty well. 

After I strip the paint, I tape around the area with 2 layers of painters tape. Then I take a SMALL amount of paint and start brushing it until it wont move any farther. Steadily that creates a thin bottom layer of paint. Then I brush more paint on top of that layer just a tad bit thicker. 

Don't use any dyes, they don't stick to the material.

Thanks sir

Quick question, when repainting midsoles on jordan 3's and 4's. Do you just strip off the original paint and you can't start painting with angelus paint after? Or am I missing a step? Thanks

Quick question, when repainting midsoles on jordan 3's and 4's. Do you just strip off the original paint and you can't start painting with angelus paint after? Or am I missing a step? Thanks
You strip the existing paint, and the you start painting with angelus.

Restoration on my varsity red 6s and anni 11s pics coming up soon paint should be here thursday and im whiting up the mesh now ( takes alot of time and elbow grease) but i will have before and after pics sometime the beginning of next week

@ sir charles gotta see pics of the mili 4s and BB 8s man i bet they turned out good

You have to say what that is on those 5s or I don't know what to do.
Restoration on my varsity red 6s and anni 11s pics coming up soon paint should be here thursday and im whiting up the mesh now ( takes alot of time and elbow grease) but i will have before and after pics sometime the beginning of next week

@ sir charles gotta see pics of the mili 4s and BB 8s man i bet they turned out good
I hate whitening mesh of 11s. Its so damn tough compared to the mesh of the 4s.

Pics will come friday. I havent been able to finish the 8s due to the lack of gray paint. I refuse to order from turtle feathers a second time for one paint thing too. 

Can someone tell me if its possible to remove glue stains from the foamposite material

What is a good way to clean the Obsidian 12's? They have light blemishes as I wore them a few times
Brush it with dishsoap mixed with warm water. Use a toothbrush. Then run the white area with a brillo pad after you brushed it, dont wipe anything off. Brush then use the Brillo pad immedietly. Then brush it again then wipe it off with a rag. The blue midsole can just be brushed with the tooth brush and soap.
Can someone tell me if its possible to remove glue stains from the foamposite material
The foamposite material is pretty durable. You could probably just chip it off.
Could someone tell me how to restore this
Mesh - Clean off all excess dirt with the toothbrush soapy water combo. The use rit whitener and brightener to whiten up the mesh. May require multiple sessions.

Creases - Iron/wet towel method

laces - Get a water bottle. Fill it halfway with water, then pour in some laundry detergent. Put your laces in the bottle then put the cap on the bottle. Shake it for about 5 minutes. then let it sit. Revisit it every hour or so for about 3 hours then take you laces out and wring them out.

Toe cap seperation - Barge cement. Good luck...

So I've been looking into retrobriting my concords from the FNL restock a couple of months ago. Should I do alitttle on these or just let em sit till they yellow alittle more? Will retrobrite help prevent them from yellowing as fast? Any feedback is appreciated. 

Oh I see.

tired.gif
i heard you never want to get nubuck durabuck or suede wet? i have always had luck just wiping with a very very damp microfiber cloth, and then use a suede brush after? always has worked well for me.... i would never put dish soap or laundry soap on those materials. 

^ i wouldnt bother. Very little yellowing . Not rly worth the work
What about as a preventative measure? I've seen people try and get their piss yellow sole back icy. It doesnt happen to often. Seems like most people just get the White chemical burn color instead of ICE again. I dont want mine to get that bad.

i dont think anything will be "preventative" if anything its just more chances to mess up your shoes, plus yellowed soles are awesome they look more OG than those blue soles on the newer XIs

Back
Top Bottom