:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i'd already planned on doing that for the leather, I'm more concerned about the air max lettering on the side panels and the Nike Air logo on the back that have the black part on them as they will be pretty impossible to tape off, I mean it's probably doable, but not easy, especially on the thin lettering of the side panels. Will anything happen if I get it on the black part? 

What kind of paint would I use to restore the black and red parts of the sole on the varsity red VIs?

Angelus.

You're going to have to mix some paints,

i'd already planned on doing that for the leather, I'm more concerned about the air max lettering on the side panels and the Nike Air logo on the back that have the black part on them as they will be pretty impossible to tape off, I mean it's probably doable, but not easy, especially on the thin lettering of the side panels. Will anything happen if I get it on the black part? 

I've gotten retro bright on the mesh of my Concords. Nothing happened. I would still try to cover it up though.

hey i got a question.... so im doing some paintting and notice that i painted the wrong color. so how would i remove the paint that i dont need? tape around the area and use accetone? any info is appreciated. thanks.

hey i got a question.... so im doing some paintting and notice that i painted the wrong color. so how would i remove the paint that i dont need? tape around the area and use accetone? any info is appreciated. thanks.

If it's new paint. Meaning it hasn't been on for more then 2-3 days you can take a cloth and rub it really hard and it will come up in minutes. That reduced the risk of using acetone and everything like that.

If it's older paint then yes acetone is needed.

Angelus.

You're going to have to mix some paints,
I've gotten retro bright on the mesh of my Concords. Nothing happened. I would still try to cover it up though.

Where would I find info on which paints to mix?

3 drops FIRE RED, 3 drops RIO RED, 5 drops TAHITIAN PINK, 5 drops PARISIAN PINK

http://sneakertalk.yuku.com/topic/292092/The-secret-of-real-INFRARED-color?page=2

That's infrared, which isn't a step off from varsity red. So just tone down the pinks.

If it's new paint. Meaning it hasn't been on for more then 2-3 days you can take a cloth and rub it really hard and it will come up in minutes. That reduced the risk of using acetone and everything like that.

If it's older paint then yes acetone is needed.
sorry sir charles, this is wha happend. i repainted the area black on accident, instead of removing the black paint, i painted it over with a lot of layer of WHITE. now it looks kinda messy. the paint havent been on there for no longer then 3 days? so soft cloth and rub it will hard should work?

im currenly using angelus paint. thanks

Im going to be painting my Jordan XI Bred Midsoles black (someone posted a custom that had the white part blacked out, and it looks awesome imo). How much angelus paint will i need? Less than a pint im guessing?

Im going to be painting my Jordan XI Bred Midsoles black (someone posted a custom that had the white part blacked out, and it looks awesome imo). How much angelus paint will i need? Less than a pint im guessing?

U need dye not paint. I'm prty sure
Someone posted It a few pages back

1 ounce.

They sell 1 ounce bottles for about $2. You would only be using about 1/4th of that on a midsole job.

I don't know how paint would hold up on pylon, tell me how it goes.

Thanks for that mix sir charles :smokin. I had another combo written down but I'll try the one you posted. Did you find that grey for your VIII's? I think if you got pewter and painted it, it would do fine. I tested it on my pair and it fits great, it even has the small detailed glitter like how it originally was.

Those 8s are coming together nicely.
& please post pics of the black midsole XIs, going by how smooth they looked in the picture I'd say they were painted.

Thanks for the feedback guys, sorry about the crappy pictures. iPad 2 does that :smh:

It turns out if you take a video it's in higher definition, then just take screen shots from the video.

In other news, I revisited a project I gave up on awhile ago today. I won't say what it is, because I may give it up again :lol: I think after I get enough before/afters I'll open my work up to NT. :nerd:

Thanks for that mix sir charles :smokin. I had another combo written down but I'll try the one you posted. Did you find that grey for your VIII's? I think if you got pewter and painted it, it would do fine. I tested it on my pair and it fits great, it even has the small detailed glitter like how it originally was.

Haven't grabbed it yet, they didn't have it at any local stores :smh: I'd hate to pay $8 shipping for $2 paint.

I'll check hobby lobby soon and check it out. I'll remember pewter

Anyone attest for this Bar Keepers Friend Liquid Soft Cleanser for cleaning and brightening of netting for IV's, have a pair of 99s that need a little work.  Also, what is the best way to rejuvenate white leather, or any leather for that matter.  I always see people saying they deep cleaned the leather, any way of bringing that dullness of white leather back to bright white just by cleaning? I have this 3M leather treatment that is for Car leather that seems to work quite well.  Also, what is the best handheld steamer thats on the market for decresing midsoles on XI's and decreasing toeboxes?

Back
Top Bottom