:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hmmm, I use the powder with no problem. Maybe we have different measurements 
nerd.gif

Thanks for the info, so does anyone know how to remove the stains on the white midsole? At first its like a sticky residue then it just becomes a stain.
You should google it....

You have asked about it a lot and nobody here has the answer. You said it's a common problem so I don't doubt it's there somewhere.

Post what you find

Hmmm, I use the powder with no problem. Maybe we have different measurements 
nerd.gif

You should google it....

You have asked about it a lot and nobody here has the answer. You said it's a common problem so I don't doubt it's there somewhere.

Post what you find
Maybe it is the measurements or application method. I should have tried on a pair of beaters first lol. I may have freaked out a bit without finishing the process as soon as I saw little yellow clumps.

Dye sticks into phylon midsoles fairly easy. Paint would come off. I'd go with dye

Never tried RIT on the sockliner. It may work if the sockliner is the right kind of fabric.

As for the repainting, I bought fire red angelus paint for the midsole of my 8s, when I applied it it was the perfect color as is. It pops right. I wouldn't put any duller. I still don't have gray paint

Cool, thanks for the tip. Gonna start tonight. :smokin

Going to post before and after pics. I also have '03 White/Cements to repaint the midsole.

Alright I've worn these twice sine restoring, but what's the verdict?

Ashamed of the lack of progress with the 8s, really f'd up he glue job. It's hard to glue such a clunky shoe :lol:

How'd I do?

Is it okay to use arcylic paint for white leather uppers and the midsole? Trying to restore my white varsity reds 6s.

Could low 11 bottoms be used to sole swap og bred 11s or are they not alike?
Same thing, just get the sizing right.
This has probably been answered before, but is there a way to fix the yellowing on the netting of 5's? 
Nope.

I just finished painting the white leather on the 8s. I can get over the glue job on the 8s, I walked around in them today. I'll try and grab the gray paint tomorrow so I can finish this project up.

gonna restore my brother's fire red 3s today. gotta practice on other peoples kicks before yours
laugh.gif

The frog tape isnt sticking properly on my vr 6s but it does on my cement 3s i used baby oil on the buck and some got on the midsole it seals up nicely on the buck but taping off the midsole it pops up :frown: help

Any tips on how to clean a pair of 2004 Bred 13s? I'm planning to buy a used pair and want to clean them out fully before wearing them.

The frog tape isnt sticking properly on my vr 6s but it does on my cement 3s i used baby oil on the buck and some got on the midsole it seals up nicely on the buck but taping off the midsole it pops up :frown: help

Maybe you should switch to blue painters tape when you come to that part.

does any1 know how to take yellowing out of playoff 12's? I have a pair from 05 that I want to restore

Retrobrite.

Trying to tone down my control over this thread, it's one of my traits I need to put a cap on. :nerd: won't be posting as much in here. I do this more times than not, and im working on it, sorry to the people who want to contribute.

Here's the update for the 8s, I'll be back when I finish the paint job with the gray I don't have. :frown:

I painted the red with fire red, which is a lot brighter than the original paint on it. I fixed the random dark gray stain on the dura/nubuck material. It turned out to be burned somehow. I had to cut it up and fray it around with an X-acto knife. The sole was glued back on, poorly in some areas. Creases removed, midsole whitened to the extreme. And the leather was all repainted. Also dyed the straps black because the AIR JORDAN logo was showing gray and faded. It was a fun project and I can't wait to get them out again. Once I buy this gray paint. :frown:

And these things are of a much better shape/form than the 2007s and 2013s. And they are real leather :lol: Will be able to skip the hassle on the 20th
I think I may start restoring for other people :nerd: thinking about it.

Anyway, good luck everyone. Tell me how I did, I'll be back whenever.

Last edited:
Trying to tone down my control over this thread, it's one of my traits I need to put a cap on. :nerd: won't be posting as much in here. I do this more times than not, and im working on it, sorry to the people who want to contribute.

Here's the update for the 8s, I'll be back when I finish the paint job with the gray I don't have. :frown:

I painted the red with fire red, which is a lot brighter than the original paint on it. I fixed the random dark gray stain on the dura/nubuck material. It turned out to be burned somehow. I had to cut it up and fray it around with an X-acto knife. The sole was glued back on, poorly in some areas. Creases removed, midsole whitened to the extreme. And the leather was all repainted. Also dyed the straps black because the AIR JORDAN logo was showing gray and faded. It was a fun project and I can't wait to get them out again. Once I buy this gray paint. :frown:

And these things are of a much better shape/form than the 2007s and 2013s. And they are real leather :lol: Will be able to skip the hassle on the 20th
I think I may start restoring for other people :nerd: thinking about it.

Anyway, good luck everyone. Tell me how I did, I'll be back whenever.
They look great what did you use on the nubuck straps and how many coats did you put on btw you provide alot of great information bro so dont feel like youve done something wrong

Thanks for letting me know. Sometimes it's just like :smh:

Anyway :lol:

I used some RIT black liquid dye. I have all the colors here. At first I just dabbed it on the spots that needed it but it stood out because the dye gets inky. So I wet a toothbrush and rubbed it around and it worked out pretty well.

Thanks for the feedback!

I need to get my tb3 01 sole swapped. I have no idea how to do it. Can someone recommend me who can do soleswaps

I need to get my tb3 01 sole swapped. I have no idea how to do it. Can someone recommend me who can do soleswaps
For s sole swap/midsole swap you would want to buy a newer retro of the jordan 3. I would go buy the crimsons since they are sitting so you dont have to pay reseller prices to take apart a shoe. Take on of your TB 3s in there and compare it to the 3 sizes closest to it. If it's a 9 compare it to an 8.5, 9, and 9.5. Once you find a match, buy the shoe and take it home.

Different people have different ways to separate soles, I get a pot of boiling water and i put a strainer above it. I let me shoe sit on the strainer and the glue just comes off withing a few minutes. 

Then once you have the midsole/sole (if your sole needs to be swapped you might as well put a new midsole in there.) strip the paint off of it. Using angelus paints, paint the areas the correct color that would match the TB 3s. It may take color mixing. The white part would simply be painted white. Make 2 thin coats of paint when you paint it on there, not one thick one. 

Then once you have the new painted soles/midsoles you want to get some barge cement/contact cement. This is the most difficult part. Paint the glue onto the upper of the midsole (where the upper would fit) then paint some glue on the upper of the shoe (where the bottom would reach the midsole.) The you want to clamp it in multiple areas so it gets at least 25 pounds of pressure on it so the glue bonds. Don't glue the sides/toe cap yet. Its easier to do those last when you can focus you clamp onto them. Toe cap it the most difficult part.

That's if you are doing it by yourself, but @johnandrews13 is great with restorations. You should pm him. I have his email somewhere, I'll pm it to you if i find it.

For s sole swap/midsole swap you would want to buy a newer retro of the jordan 3. I would go buy the crimsons since they are sitting so you dont have to pay reseller prices to take apart a shoe. Take on of your TB 3s in there and compare it to the 3 sizes closest to it. If it's a 9 compare it to an 8.5, 9, and 9.5. Once you find a match, buy the shoe and take it home.

Different people have different ways to separate soles, I get a pot of boiling water and i put a strainer above it. I let me shoe sit on the strainer and the glue just comes off withing a few minutes. 

Then once you have the midsole/sole (if your sole needs to be swapped you might as well put a new midsole in there.) strip the paint off of it. Using angelus paints, paint the areas the correct color that would match the TB 3s. It may take color mixing. The white part would simply be painted white. Make 2 thin coats of paint when you paint it on there, not one thick one. 

Then once you have the new painted soles/midsoles you want to get some barge cement/contact cement. This is the most difficult part. Paint the glue onto the upper of the midsole (where the upper would fit) then paint some glue on the upper of the shoe (where the bottom would reach the midsole.) The you want to clamp it in multiple areas so it gets at least 25 pounds of pressure on it so the glue bonds. Don't glue the sides/toe cap yet. Its easier to do those last when you can focus you clamp onto them. Toe cap it the most difficult part.

That's if you are doing it by yourself, but @johnandrews13 is great with restorations. You should pm him. I have his email somewhere, I'll pm it to you if i find it.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll have someone else do it because I tried relying my space jams from 2000 and it came out :x. I'll pm him or if you can find his email just hmu. Thanks again.

I did some searching and couldn't find an answer to this question, giving it a shot. I apologize if this has been answered before.

I have some Air Max 90's in black leather with white plastic accents. 

. The plastic has yellowed and I want to use seaglow or a whitening solution to brighten it up again, however I am worried about what might happen if I get a bit of it on the leather and black lettering. 

Will seaglow or any of the other brightening solutions cause trouble withe the leather or lettering? Discolouration, etc? I should be able to apply it without trouble on the lacing holes, but the Nike logo on the back will probably cause some trouble.

any help would be great!

Back
Top Bottom