:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

These Stains were caused by SEA GLOW, anybody have a solution to this????????
frown.gif
rubbing alcohol?

rubbing alcohol?
no, like it was said earlier, the seaglow stripped the clear portion of the PL off so it needs another coat of clear which is why i recommended the acrylic finisher, it should do the trick. All rubbing alcohol is going to do is further strip the clear layer off of the PL.

clean them up and try to remove any resedue or product on the PL then use the acrylic finisher (high gloss) from turtlefeathers.net to make it shine again and im sure it will be back to new pretty much, here is the link:

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/miscellaneous-products.html#finisher

scroll down to the finisher and pick how glossy you want it to be and then go to town on making your shoes look new again.
So have you used this finisher before on patent leather?

Bought a pair of true blue spizikes about a year and a half ago , midsole cracked hard first wear..I've probably wore them 7 - 10 times now and the cracking looked terrible! Just scratched off all the white chipping paint took foreverrrr, what type of paint should I hit it with now?

I finally saw a canister of Bar Keepers Friend at a local Target today, but they only had the powdered kind, not any liquid kind. Is the powdered kind usable on sneaks as long as you mix it with water of course? Or is the liquid kind the only usable kind on sneaks? I'm confused as hell since they make both types.

I finally saw a canister of Bar Keepers Friend at a local Target today, but they only had the powdered kind, not any liquid kind. Is the powdered kind usable on sneaks as long as you mix it with water of course? Or is the liquid kind the only usable kind on sneaks? I'm confused as hell since they make both types.
I would go with the liquid. If you have Lowes nearby they carry it.

So have you used this finisher before on patent leather?
no but its a finisher which is a layer on top of painting so it should work perfectly and if anything it won't make it any worse. if they were my shoe i would have ordered it immediately. Also if you read the page its safe for leather and walkin so it will be fine.

Last edited:
Thanks to the 2 people who responded to my post, reped! I ended up shipping the shoes back to the seller. I don't really have the time to take on a project like that anyways.

I guess I will have to pay the crazy prices that people want for them ($300+ ^__^)

What's the best way to clean laces? I have a pair of LeBron 9 Elite "Home" laces that are hurting. Its the pair with gold dashes on them. Will oxyclean in a water bottle work? Or will it strip the gold?

Thanks to the 2 people who responded to my post, reped! I ended up shipping the shoes back to the seller. I don't really have the time to take on a project like that anyways.

I guess I will have to pay the crazy prices that people want for them ($300+ ^__^)

What's the best way to clean laces? I have a pair of LeBron 9 Elite "Home" laces that are hurting. Its the pair with gold dashes on them. Will oxyclean in a water bottle work? Or will it strip the gold?
When I put oxyclean in a bottle with water it makes the bottle hard and when I open it the bottle literally explodes opened. So
Just try regular soap and water.

I little bit of laundry detergent and water in a water bottle, shake it up for a minute, let them sit in the bottle for 15 mins, shake it up again then rinse and let them air dry. Use detergent without bleachso you dont strip color.

Last edited:
I've got a pair of 2011 BC3's and I'm working on stripping the paint off and repainting them. The white paint is easy enough but the black paint seems to have a protective layer over it or something and rubbing acetone on iy doesn't have much effect on stripping the paint. Any ways to do this quicker?

I havent stripped the paint off of the midsoles on my Bc3s but I did use mr clean magic eraser to remove the glossy finish on the midsoles. It took a little bit, but it definitely makes a difference. I just had to be careful not to remove the paint underneath the gloss.

Last edited:
Anyone know which color(s) of angelus paint to use to get the midsole of the 2010 Bordeaux 7?

Anyone know which color(s) of angelus paint to use to get the midsole of the 2010 Bordeaux 7?

I finally saw a bottle of the liquid version of Bar Keepers Friend at a local Home Depot. And that's the stuff to use to restore your shoes back to white right?

But can anyone verify where I can get Retrobrite or Sea Glow to restore yellowed soles back to clear form from a land based store?

I finally saw a bottle of the liquid version of Bar Keepers Friend at a local Home Depot. And that's the stuff to use to restore your shoes back to white right?

But can anyone verify where I can get Retrobrite or Sea Glow to restore yellowed soles back to clear form from a land based store?

Retro bright is just salon care 40voulume cream and a little bit of oxy clean mix together cost 8 bucks to make

Italipino or anyone else , before I order from sneakershields dot com do you guys suggest a better product from a competitor? If sneakershields are the best website should I get the universal or protector for my pair of 3s, 5s & spizikes

I want to get sneakershields but everytime I get ready to purchase I just think it's such a ripoff for a piece of plastic
eyes.gif
 I really only want it for my playoff 13s that are way too big

I don't think they are much of a rip off, I made ghetto ones for my air forces two years ago out of the cardboard shoe trees that come with the shoe and they sucked!

Back
Top Bottom