:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any recommended cleaners for the bottom of the soles? I want to wear my shoes casually but I also play basketball indoors so I need them clean from dirt.  My problem is some cleaning products are too corrosive and will mess up the grip. I've used that "MINT" from post above and it seemed to make the rubber slick on one of my shoes.

Any recommended cleaners for the bottom of the soles? I want to wear my shoes casually but I also play basketball indoors so I need them clean from dirt.  My problem is some cleaning products are too corrosive and will mess up the grip. I've used that "MINT" from post above and it seemed to make the rubber slick on one of my shoes.

Soap n water. Been cleaning my soles like that for years. Works great.
Use a toothbrush.. Foam soap works rly well cause it suds a lot So u don't need a lot of it

^^^have you tried scrubbing REALLY hard with a magic eraser? It does wonders for me, wash with hot water and Dawn, then go ham with magic erasers!

I have a restoration im working on, I purchased a pair of Jordan 1 Chicago 94's and they are kinda beat. I was disappointed in the quality of the 2013 retro and most of all the discomfort and not to mention they didnt have the nike air included. So i decided to hunt down either the 94 or 85 release and found a decent price for these.

When i first recieved them yesterday:

After i did some general cleaning today:

Will update as i continue to clean and restore them...

So my last painting job was unsuccessful. I didn't have smooth lines (could still see some strokes) and the paint didn't match exactly. So now I have some questions:

1. How do you guys get those smooth, stroke-less lines? Like that brand new factory look..

2. Does anyone know the color used on the Kings County Spizikes? I used Angelus Red but the color isn't dark enough.

3. Do I need to use the Angelus Gloss on after I do the coats of red on my spizikes to give it that same glossy look?

The speckles on my last pair of cement 4s got streaked into lines (like if u rub ink right after u write) from contact playing ball. I want to break out my other pair, is there anything I can use on the speckled midsole to prevent this again?

^^^ same question, I got a couple of lighter spots on the patent leather on my cool grey xi and want to know if three it's anything to darken it back up.

[h5]Air Jordan Sport Blue / September Blue 6 Sole Swap Restoration: Let me start off by saying this was a pleasure to swap. I fell for the shoe during the swap. Without further ado let's get into the details.

I cleared the icy sole, deep cleaned the uppers and the insoles, whitened the laces, deoxidized the toecap, revived the color on the jumpman on the bottom icy sole, swapped the midsole, and repainted as well. I tell you, swapping a pair of OG 6's is no cake. I came across many issues that discouraged me from finishing the project. The OG icy sole didn't quite fit the donor midsole because the OG icy sole was more narrow and it didn't quite fit proportionally. It was difficult to make it fit. I had to cut a chunk of the midsole for the icy sole to have a little room. In all, it was a great project and I sure learned a lot from this swap.

I am not taking in any orders for any kind of restorations.[/h5]

Is there a replacement zoom or air bag for the jordan xx1 and xx2? It's hard to find these DS but even the Vnds pairs I have are blew out already.

Another question, what's the best way to clean insoles? Lol just want to sanitize these vnds kicks before wearing.

got a pic?

i have 2 full length zoom for the inside of nikes.

im guessing you need the hell/forefoot

[h5]
Air Jordan Sport Blue / September Blue 6 Sole Swap Restoration: Let me start off by saying this was a pleasure to swap. I fell for the shoe during the swap. Without further ado let's get into the details.

I cleared the icy sole, deep cleaned the uppers and the insoles, whitened the laces, deoxidized the toecap, revived the color on the jumpman on the bottom icy sole, swapped the midsole, and repainted as well. I tell you, swapping a pair of OG 6's is no cake. I came across many issues that discouraged me from finishing the project. The OG icy sole didn't quite fit the donor midsole because the OG icy sole was more narrow and it didn't quite fit proportionally. It was difficult to make it fit. I had to cut a chunk of the midsole for the icy sole to have a little room. In all, it was a great project and I sure learned a lot from this swap.

I am not taking in any orders for any kind of restorations.

[/h5]
[h5]

:nthat:

Props on saving a piece of OG Jordan history.[/h5]

Last edited:
So my last painting job was unsuccessful. I didn't have smooth lines (could still see some strokes) and the paint didn't match exactly. So now I have some questions:

1. How do you guys get those smooth, stroke-less lines? Like that brand new factory look..

2. Does anyone know the color used on the Kings County Spizikes? I used Angelus Red but the color isn't dark enough.

3. Do I need to use the Angelus Gloss on after I do the coats of red on my spizikes to give it that same glossy look?
Does anyone know how to remove acetone from patent leather?
Anyone?? 

need help guys.

i bought a used aj1 and wondering for those people who bought used shoes before, how do you guys clean the inside of the shoes (not the insoles)?

need help guys.

i bought a used aj1 and wondering for those people who bought used shoes before, how do you guys clean the inside of the shoes (not the insoles)?
If you're talking about the tongue and around there, you can usually just clean it up with a little bit of soap and water or jason markk.

Back
Top Bottom