:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

No results on the pearl upper for my 1997 Pearl Foamposite left shoe. I checked this morning, the upper is still yellowed, it hasn't restored back to pearl after using Bar Keepers Friend. Can anyone please clarify if it will take multiple applications of BKF or will I have to use a different chemical to restore the pearl uppers?

No results on the pearl upper for my 1997 Pearl Foamposite left shoe. I checked this morning, the upper is still yellowed, it hasn't restored back to pearl after using Bar Keepers Friend. Can anyone please clarify if it will take multiple applications of BKF or will I have to use a different chemical to restore the pearl uppers?
I read above where you said you used a cloth with the BKF. I would try again using a soft bristle toothbrush.

I read above where you said you used a cloth with the BKF. I would try again using a soft bristle toothbrush.
No I didn't, for your correction, I used a dampened old sponge as the instructions stated on the BKF bottle. So does it take multiple applications of BKF to restore shoes based on your experience with this chemical?

No I didn't, for your correction, I used a dampened old sponge as the instructions stated on the BKF bottle. So does it take multiple applications of BKF to restore shoes based on your experience with this chemical?
Ok my bad. You need to use something a bit firmer to get the best results. Try the soft bristled toothbrush.

Check out my deconstruction of my 1990 fire red 5s black tongue. I will be performing a swap very soon

Check out my military 4 swap sole removal 

Check out my deconstruction of my 1990 fire red 5s black tongue. I will be performing a swap very soon

Bravo, Did you break the soles off with your hands because it was just that brittle because they are both 20+ years old?  I was informed to use a heat gun in order to make sure the midsole comes off cleanly to protect the upper from getting damaged.  Love the OG's, great work.  Could you do a video of removing the donor sole? Curious how gentle you need to be in order to remove the midsole cleanly without damaging any part of it. 

I have a pair of 99 white cement IV's where the netting has yellowed and the stitching has also gotten dark and dirty.  Ive cleaned the shoe many times but cant get rid of the darkened stitching and yellowed netting.  Also I have a pair of Columbia XI's, the upper mesh is slightly fadded and dirty.  I own barkeepers friend soft cleanser.  What I'm getting at is, is it ok for the netting and stitching on the IV's, also will it whiten the leather? and for the the Columbia's mesh?  I've heard mixed reviews but read that it must be washed out multiple times in order for it to work without any residue left behind.  These two pairs are very dear to me, both wearable.

Can any one help? I was cleaning my retro5 grapes when I noticed that the paint started to chip off is there any way I can make it back to normal?

I recently bought some Jordan Raging Bull Vs red suede, but the suede is really faded. does anyone know which color suede dye I should use? (from turtlefeathers.net) there is dark red and red? any help is appreciated and also how do you apply to dye them?

hey guys,

ive read through this and seeing different methods used on suede. Im looking to clean up some scuff marks on my 4's (breds thunders etc) and ive heard that using a brush and a magic eraser (without liquid) is the best way to go as liquid can leave marks. Sound about right?

I just painted my threes not too long ago and they're already cracking again. HELP!!!

How many coats of paint are you doing you should do at least 5 coats.make sure you get rid of creasing where you're painting if possible.

Need help repainting my aqua 8s. I've got the aqua tone but I can't get the purple mixed anyone that can help please lemme know.

^^^^^^
PS to the guy I replied to when you strip try to use the least amt of acetone possible it can eat away at the midsole if you use/press too much

Bravo, Did you break the soles off with your hands because it was just that brittle because they are both 20+ years old?  I was informed to use a heat gun in order to make sure the midsole comes off cleanly to protect the upper from getting damaged.  Love the OG's, great work.  Could you do a video of removing the donor sole? Curious how gentle you need to be in order to remove the midsole cleanly without damaging any part of it. 
I used my hands to get the bigger chunks out first, then I used a heat gun to melt the glue and I just needed to scrape it with a spoon. Removing the donor sole on 3's, 4's and 5's is easy. 6's are the hardest donors to separate. I may do a video if I have the chance to.

Was removing paint from the patent leather with acetone, and now theres a scuff mark ( i presume some of the black gloss came off?), anyways, tried tire shine, trim restorer (for rubber car trim, to restore its gloss), and right now i have some leather dye for dress shoes im trying to rub on it, let it sit for awhile, then wipe it off. It appears to be dulling the chromatic appearance this has. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom