:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

is it possible to take out creases on suede? i've seen videos showing off the iron technique but that's for leather; haven't found anything pertaining to suede shoes. anyone know how or have tips?

thanks.

thinner coats arent more flexible ?
If you want to thin your paint, use water. Acrylic paint is water base. Adding solvents or isopropyl alcohol will make the paint brittle and more susceptible to cracking. Paint thinner is not for acrylic paint. It's for paint that you use for walls.

If you want to thin your paint, use water. Acrylic paint is water base. Adding solvents or isopropyl alcohol will make the paint brittle and more susceptible to cracking. Paint thinner is not for acrylic paint. It's for paint that you use for walls.
i was reading some posts from 03 on NT and they said to think out the paint to prevent it from cracking, and everyone was agreeing with it.

So I did a second session of using Bar Keepers Friend on the pearl upper of the left shoe on my 1997 Pearl Foamposite. But I used a toothbrush this time around on the pearl upper as recommended by a fellow member. I still didn't see any results of the yellowing restoring back to pearl. I'll check tomorrow morning.

But what's crazy, I brushed the leftover BKF on the toothbrush on the kitchen sink, it removed the dark stain immediately!

Can anyone please educate me on BKF? Should I follow instructions and dampen the shoe? I mean I dampened the pearl upper only and brushed it with BKF all around. Is it something that takes multiple applications to make it work on shoes? Can it instantaneously whiten or restore shoes? This is my first experience using it honestly.

Was removing paint from the patent leather with acetone, and now theres a scuff mark ( i presume some of the black gloss came off?), anyways, tried tire shine, trim restorer (for rubber car trim, to restore its gloss), and right now i have some leather dye for dress shoes im trying to rub on it, let it sit for awhile, then wipe it off. It appears to be dulling the chromatic appearance this has. Thanks
Trying to fix it might do more harm than good in this case. It's a relatively small scuff, I mean, I guess you could fix it with a gloss finisher from turtlefeathers. But the scuff looks about 2mm wide if I'm looking at the right thing, it really wouldn't be worth it. You could also try clear nail polish but that would probably crack after a few wears.

I have a pair of 99 white cement IV's where the netting has yellowed and the stitching has also gotten dark and dirty.  Ive cleaned the shoe many times but cant get rid of the darkened stitching and yellowed netting.  Also I have a pair of Columbia XI's, the upper mesh is slightly fadded and dirty.  I own barkeepers friend soft cleanser.  What I'm getting at is, is it ok for the netting and stitching on the IV's, also will it whiten the leather? and for the the Columbia's mesh?  I've heard mixed reviews but read that it must be washed out multiple times in order for it to work without any residue left behind.  These two pairs are very dear to me, both wearable.
I'd try RIT brightener first. From firsthand experience you have to be prepared for BKF. BKF would probably work really well on the netting though.

You can use RIT (the bottle) on the Columbias and on the stitching, its should work fine.

Hopefully this weekend i can finish my pair of Chicago 94s...just need to clean and brighten the tongue...and ordered some new black laces for them too :pimp:

Does anyone know where i can get cheap authentic jordan 11 that are beat or a jordan 11 midsole both size 12 and both have to be an or from an authentic shoe. If anyone have as info could you pm me or email me at alex.hernandez97@outlook.com \

Need the mid sole so i can swap with my jordan 11 columiabs.

Also if anyone has authentic cheap 3,4,5,6, or 11 for sale contact me.

Thanks, 

Last edited:
Does anyone know where i can get cheap authentic jordan 11 that are beat or a jordan 11 midsole both size 12 and both have to be an or from an authentic shoe. If anyone have as info could you pm me or email me at alex.hernandez97@outlook.com \

Need the mid sole so i can swap with my jordan 11 columiabs.

Also if anyone has authentic cheap 3,4,5,6, or 11 for sale contact me.

Thanks, 

Sole supremacy sells boxes of beat up shoes or prty good prices

hey i was just wondering if there is anyway i can repair a scratch i got on my gmp 7's, is it possible to do myself or is it likely that i will have to take it to a shoe repair place? please and thank you. :smile:

So im somewhat done with cleaning up my pair of 1994 chicago 1...all i really need to do is find a Rit brightener to brighten the tounge and buy a new pair of sneaker shields since i am missing one lol...but anyhow i threw on some black laces and put them on...

Any way to fix Suede cracking?(Guessing no)What's the best sneaker shield? I seen different types and I don't know which ones effective.and could does anyone know how to make varsity red I tried I bunch of ways and all failed I have fire red,red,(scarlet red I think)black,white,neutral paint

Anybody have tips on cleaning the suede on Cool Grey 11s...? Not extremely dirty, but it starts getting a little dark after quite a few wears.

I haven't worn my Bred 4's in a while and the suede is ashy AF and I was wondering what's the best way to remove all this white crap off and make them look like new again and shine?

Just got my thunders from the restock this past weekend and wore them for about an hour. Paint cracked already. Anything I can do to them before they get worse?

I haven't worn my Bred 4's in a while and the suede is ashy AF and I was wondering what's the best way to remove all this white crap off and make them look like new again and shine?

U can use a lint roller to remove lint.. If that's the white stuff your referring to.
U can also buy a spray thing at footlocker I believe to help repel the lint.

Anybody have tips on cleaning the suede on Cool Grey 11s...? Not extremely dirty, but it starts getting a little dark after quite a few wears.

Lincoln ez cleaner

Any way to fix Suede cracking?(Guessing no)What's the best sneaker shield? I seen different types and I don't know which ones effective.and could does anyone know how to make varsity red I tried I bunch of ways and all failed I have fire red,red,(scarlet red I think)black,white,neutral paint

You can't fix suede cracking

http://www.sneakershields.com/

Get the universal ones

Just got my thunders from the restock this past weekend and wore them for about an hour. Paint cracked already. Anything I can do to them before they get worse?

Nope. All u can do is strip the paint and repaint it.

I need your guys help! I got a a few flaws on my Bred 1's like leather cracking/chipping and yellowing midsoles. How would I get rid of this?

Here are some few pics:

And the midsole

I also did some midsole whitening on the left pair to see if the toothpaste method would work, I only tried it for 2 days. I just wet the midsole, rubbed toothpaste on it and let it sit for 15 minute then wash it down. Should I continue using this method? 

Back
Top Bottom