:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

anyone who has PL shoes knows you either use the stuff that is made for stricktly shining PL (military shoes) or go and use Vaseline, it works miracles.

I'll have to try this one day. :nerd:

Can someone answer my question about the Bucks? Mainly on how to fix the fading suede and also make it buttery smooth? It's kinda frayed.

Angelus makes amazing suede dyes. Turtlefeathers.net is where you can find it. It will not only recolor the suede, but leave it feeling soft again.

There isnt anything you can do to make the suede buttery again. Suede is a delicate material. The fading suede all you can try and do is paint it. Suede gets messed up with any chemical suede cleaner you use. They will eventually eat away your suede. In mexico they have this all natural suede cleaner.

Never paint suede. Suede can be softened. Not all chemicals are harmful.

how do you shine up patent leather on the XI?

Get a rag, and wet it. Wipe the patent down. Once it's wet, rub lotion all over the patent. Use enough to make it kind of hazy, like you would with car wax. Then wipe it off with a dry rag.

how do you shine up patent leather on the XI?

?

Are you talking about scuffs? You dont shine up patent leather

Yes, yes you do. It's a common practice.

ive tried the baby oil, didnt do much IMO

maybe the tire shine will work but dont want it leaving a smell/residue

Just do the lotion thing.

I have 2 white scuffs on the clear rubber next to the air bubble on my black Infrared 6s if anyone can tell me how to get rid of the burden would be much appreciated.

what is every ones experiences with breaking in a pair of Air Jordan 4's? 

i ask because i recently got a pair of Jordan IV 'Toro Bravo' (compaired them to the fit on a pair of sun of mars low before i got them) and found that my feet were abit wide and rub against the side (only on one foot lol). nothing too much with some room up front in the toe box .
is this normal at first? will these break in?
or should i buy 0.5 size up next time i get a pair of Jordan 4's?  

p.s. no this is not my first pair of AJ but recently from losing weight iv had to drop down in shoe sizing to find my 'true size'

cliffs:
- whats your experience with breaking in kicks?
- how do air jordan 4's break-in? (toro bravo or any other nubuck model)
- should i stay with a size to break them in or go up a size?

i ask because i recently got a pair of Jordan IV 'Toro Bravo' (compaired them to the fit on a pair of sun of mars low before i got them) and found that my feet were abit wide and rub against the side (only on one foot lol). nothing too much with some room up front in the toe box .

p.s. no this is not my first pair of AJ but recently from losing weight iv had to drop down in shoe sizing to find my 'true size'

cliffs:
WTF? If your talking about actually wearing them, I applaud you good sir! They will end up creasing and collecting dirt within the first few wears and continue to until you stop wearing them. Along with the creasing will come the paint chipping. Any retro is not a good option for daily wear. They are not built like the airmaxs or lebron. JUST DO YOU!

cliffs:

The recent 4 retros have run small with the exception of the WC's.
The Breds run .5 small
My fire reds are kinda tts.. But a little snug.

For the question about sizing on the iv's, it seems each colorway fits different imo. The white cements feel big for my true size, the fire reds, db, and military's feel true to size. The black cements felt tight, almost 1/2 size smaller. All of these shoes I have broke them in with exception to the black cements. I had this same issue with the last round of iv's from 2006-2008. The mars, military, and cdp black cement felt tight and narrow. Each one of those pairs I had to go up half a size from 11.5 to 12. The only one you might have problems with breaking in is the black cements due to the tighter fit and just look smaller compared to the other colorways in the same size. The paint still chips, but mostly it's the white underneath the top colorway on the midsole where it occurs. An improvement compared to the iii's from 2011, but still sucks none the less.

I have 2 pair of jordan 3 , they are still were much wearable. its the usual These are an OG pair i think i had these back in HS i believe.im 31 I know i can paint the white midsoles. What do i do about the rubber part around the toe and above the stars ??? paint that as well???

Also white above whitening the white tumbled leather overall, paint the whole shoe or use some kinda of whitener. Any suggestions and advice would help. I can post pics late on when i get home as im at work.

I still have all my Jordan never dogged them so i will be making this a little DIY job for me when im bored and something feels godo just to do things yourself inseats of paying someone

Advice , links , materials to buy im open. Ive search a little and there are so may diffrent ways of doing one thing. I would like to know what works best for most of you guys

Thanks in advance 

I have 2 pair of jordan 3 , they are still were much wearable. its the usual These are an OG pair i think i had these back in HS i believe.im 31 I know i can paint the white midsoles. What do i do about the rubber part around the toe and above the stars ??? paint that as well???

Also white above whitening the white tumbled leather overall, paint the whole shoe or use some kinda of whitener. Any suggestions and advice would help. I can post pics late on when i get home as im at work.

I still have all my Jordan never dogged them so i will be making this a little DIY job for me when im bored and something feels godo just to do things yourself inseats of paying someone

Advice , links , materials to buy im open. Ive search a little and there are so may diffrent ways of doing one thing. I would like to know what works best for most of you guys

Thanks in advance 

Sorry for double post but for the above post, post pictures it's hard to determine exactly what should be done unless we can see the condition of the shoes.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/48
2363/width/200/height/400
I want to whiten these up , ill paint the white midsoles but what about the rubber front and the leather upper . I know how to remove the creases

can someone please tell me what the best replacement insole is to prevent cracking? sofsole or spenco. and which model of the brand specifically?

Also, which one is the better shoe cleaner? jason markk, refreshed, or something else? 

THANKS A LOT in advance!

Hello NT fam -

I have the white/black Air Jordan 2011. It's my favorite recent jordan by far. The black burnished leather on the uppers have gotten lighter ("ashy") over time and use, and have the "cracked leather" look, and looks more gray than black, especially on the sides. Can anyone recommend any tips to get black leather "reconditioned"? I've read the 1st page of this post, and it looks like the general recommendation is Armor-All leather wipes. I'd like to see if anyone else has any other tips, recommendations, etc. It'd be nice to hear from folks who've actually tried any of those methods on this particular jordan model.

Thanks in advance...PEACE.

Last edited:

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/48
2363/width/200/height/400
I want to whiten these up , ill paint the white midsoles but what about the rubber front and the leather upper . I know how to remove the creases

Mr clean magic.eraser will whiten and clear up the rubber front. For the leather done soap water an old tooth brush and elbow grease will clean it up.

Lol you're wrong for showing and not sharing the info. I'm working on some og Columbia's right now and almost finishing up on cleaning the soles up. Next I would work on the patent.
You should tell us how it's done! Don't be a hypocrite

Hello NT fam -

I have the white/black Air Jordan 2011. It's my favorite recent jordan by far. The black burnished leather on the uppers have gotten lighter ("ashy") over time and use, and have the "cracked leather" look, and looks more gray than black, especially on the sides. Can anyone recommend any tips to get black leather "reconditioned"? I've read the 1st page of this post, and it looks like the general recommendation is Armor-All leather wipes. I'd like to see if anyone else has any other tips, recommendations, etc. It'd be nice to hear from folks who've actually tried any of those methods on this particular jordan model.

Thanks in advance...PEACE.

I can say that some have used those products that are supposed to be used for tires and it ended up great but drying up later. Lotion seems to have worked well for me so far but idk if there is something better. I heard banana oil or some sort of oil is also good. A lot of YouTube videos on it

I can say that some have used those products that are supposed to be used for tires and it ended up great but drying up later. Lotion seems to have worked well for me so far but idk if there is something better. I heard banana oil or some sort of oil is also good. A lot of YouTube videos on it
Thanks for the reply. What type of lotion did you use on the shoes? I can use Kiwi shoe polish, but using waterproofer makes the shoes look ashy and grey again. Any tips would be great.

Thanks again...PEACE.

Thanks for the reply. What type of lotion did you use on the shoes? I can use Kiwi shoe polish, but using waterproofer makes the shoes look ashy and grey again. Any tips would be great.

Thanks again...PEACE.
shoe polish is the best, find ones specifically made for PL or like i said on the last page a little bit of Vaseline works miracles.

shoe polish is the best, find ones specifically made for PL or like i said on the last page a little bit of Vaseline works miracles.
@Rebble I'd actually recommend this instead. This sounds really good with that bit of vaseline at the end. Heck I'm gonna try it out for myself too :lol:

I'm looking to buy a good quality shoe cleaner for nubuck/suede jordans? Is Jason markks worth the price for people who have used It before and/or what do you recommend?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom