:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hey NikeTalk, im looking to restore my Flint XIII (first Retro). How do you guys restore the PODS area? do you use paint? if so what kind of Paint? also anyone here tried decreasing there shoes? if so what kind of method did u do?

Looking to unDS my 1997 OG Black/Red Jordan XIIs.

Question is, are they wearable? Will the midsoles crumble on me? Separation?

I know these things are built like tanks but are they wearable being over 16 years old.

All insightful responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Looking to unDS my 1997 OG Black/Red Jordan XIIs.

Question is, are they wearable? Will the midsoles crumble on me? Separation?

I know these things are built like tanks but are they wearable being over 16 years old.

All insightful responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Definitely wearable. Won't crumble. Separation might happen.

Hey NT do you guys know how to get rid of these ankle creases on my fire red 4s?

Tryn my hand at repaiting jordans. Im using some spizikes and was wondering how much of the angelus paint i need to buy. I see that is comes in a 1 and 4 oz bottle. Also where is the best place to buy at? Any help or advice too as this is my first time

Hey NT do you guys know how to get rid of these ankle creases on my fire red 4s?

Stuff the shoe till you can't sees the creases anymore then leave them like that for twenty four hours then the creases should be home. Rubberbands can ne used to hold whatever you stuffed the shoe in in place.

Hey NikeTalk, im looking to restore my Flint XIII (first Retro). How do you guys restore the PODS area? do you use paint? if so what kind of Paint? also anyone here tried decreasing there shoes? if so what kind of method did u do?
i used white Angelus paint from turtlefeathers and as far as the creasing i usually just stuff mine with socks until they get the original form and leave it that way when it is stored.

Hey everyone, anyone know how I can get rid of this stain? Its on my pair of Chaos Kobe 6. I think the purple from the upper bled onto the toe cap.

I've tried peroxide and a toothbrush. Over the counter sneaker cleaner from FINL and OxyClean diluted in warm water. The stain isn't as "strong" as it was, but still quite noticeable.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Are shoe trees that helpful when it comes to preserving the toe boxes?  Should I just stick with the ones the shoes come with, or are there other better kinds to use?

Are shoe trees that helpful when it comes to preserving the toe boxes?  Should I just stick with the ones the shoes come with, or are there other better kinds to use?
it depends, the wooden shoe trees do not conform to the toe area if they are a decent size toe box but they do take moisture out of the shoe (great if your feet sweat) but i typically use a couple socks and roll them up and stuff the toe box (after they air out for 24 hours so they wont stink later on just in case lol). im guessing you could use i mixture of both to fill the void with the wooden shoe trees so it all depends on what you want to get out of your trees! happy hunting and be creative u might find a way better than what we do and if you do show us too!

Last edited:
If I'm trying to reduce creases after wearing a shoe, I stuff them with plastic bags. The kind you get when you buy something from a corner store or supermarket. I find they conform better than socks and are pretty much free, and you don't have to waste socks by stuffing them in your shoes :lol:.

Last edited:
we all have socks we dont wear unless they are the last pair standing plus u need like 5-10 bags depending on how big the bags are, plus plastic is so wastefull when you can use something that is already there to be used but in the end use what u have i guess.

I want to repaint my 2009 true blue 3s but I'm having trouble finding the correct paint to use. From what I've been able to gather you're supposed to mix a couple of colors of angelus paint but I haven't been able to find what colors and in what proportions. Could I get some help? Also any other suggestions that may come in handy when repainting these shoes. Thanks!

I want to repaint my 2009 true blue 3s but I'm having trouble finding the correct paint to use. From what I've been able to gather you're supposed to mix a couple of colors of angelus paint but I haven't been able to find what colors and in what proportions. Could I get some help? Also any other suggestions that may come in handy when repainting these shoes. Thanks!

First off, you need to buy some angelus shoe paint. You need two colors to match the true blue, White and blue paint. The stock blue paint is NOT the blue for true blue. This is what you do..

1. Using the blue paint as your base (pour some in a paper cup to cover the bottom of the cup)
2. Take the white paint and drop two drops of white paint into the blue paint.
3. Mix until you find correct hue

My suggestion is to look at the blue on one shoe while testing a small area on the other to make sure it matches exactly. This is a simple project and shouldn't take very long.

If I'm trying to reduce creases after wearing a shoe, I stuff them with plastic bags. The kind you get when you buy something from a corner store or supermarket. I find they conform better than socks and are pretty much free, and you don't have to waste socks by stuffing them in your shoes
laugh.gif
I've seen this method on YouTube.  The guy was using 2 or 3 at a time and pushed them in with the cardboard trees the shoes came with.  Looked like it might be pretty effective.

Thanks I've got a couple of bottle of angelus paint laying around from other jobs this shouldnt be a problem at all

No problem. Just add the white drop by drop. Literally. The subtle difference is crazy. I can't stand Nike with their weird hues :lol:

No problem. Just add the white drop by drop. Literally. The subtle difference is crazy. I can't stand Nike with their weird hues :lol:
also you should get some painting bottles (little ones) so that if you need to touch it up so more in the near future you will already have a bottle of the correct color laying around.

do you think the blue, un mixed with white would work on the DTRT spizikes?
with all paints you would have to visually inspect to see if they are close enough for your preference, if its not dark enough add black, if its not light enough add white. the colors vary so much from shoe to shoe

with all paints you would have to visually inspect to see if they are close enough for your preference, if its not dark enough add black, if its not light enough add white. the colors vary so much from shoe to shoe
fair enough, im more concerned about the blue being bright or vibrant as opposed to lighter or darker when it comes to these shoes

Last edited:
also you should get some painting bottles (little ones) so that if you need to touch it up so more in the near future you will already have a bottle of the correct color laying around.

Good point, I didn't do it when I did that project because it was for someone else. But for myself, I'll keep that in mind.

do you think the blue, un mixed with white would work on the DTRT spizikes?

Good point, although colors might look the same to the naked eye, it's a different story when it comes to repainting.

Back
Top Bottom