:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Well not like speckled like that, more like a solid royal blue

It doesn't have to be speckled. It was just the way he painted it. You can paint it in a solid way if you like. Idk about a glow in the dark royal blue. If it's just regular paint, try looking up Angelus

It doesn't have to be speckled. It was just the way he painted it. You can paint it in a solid way if you like. Idk about a glow in the dark royal blue. If it's just regular paint, try looking up Angelus

Ah... I see, ha I feel dumb. Will it look painted on though? Like glossy? With or without the angelus paint?

Ah... I see, ha I feel dumb. Will it look painted on though? Like glossy? With or without the angelus paint?

Don't know if your talking about using regular or the GITD paint.

Personally I never tried the GITD paint but looking at the photos on his website, looks invisible in broad daylight. Like it was never painted at all, if at all faint.

If your talking about a regular Royal blue paint, if it comes out glossy you can use a paint duller which to give it a more matte look and less glossy ness.

Don't know if your talking about using regular or the GITD paint.

Personally I never tried the GITD paint but looking at the photos on his website, looks invisible in broad daylight. Like it was never painted at all, if at all faint.

If your talking about a regular Royal blue paint, if it comes out glossy you can use a paint duller which to give it a more matte look and less glossy ness.

No no, I was talking about the gtid paint. I just want the sole to look the same as if it were never painted. Thanks for the info.

No no, I was talking about the gtid paint. I just want the sole to look the same as if it were never painted. Thanks for the info.

No problem fam. Would probably be best to ask validity sneakers himself. I think he has a twitter or something on his page so he can answer all your questions

i un'ds my bred 11s the other day and got this terrible squeaking noise. decided to wear em again and put a ton of baby powder under the insole and it still didnt stop the squeaking. i even wore the 11s without insoles & w/baby powder in em and they still squeaking. :stoneface: da fuq? any ideas how i can stop this? :x
I was watching YouTube videos on this and in the comments somebody said it's caused by air bubble so maybe it's a factory defect. I also saw a video a while ago having to do with WD-40 only reason I didn't try it is because I'm lazy and keep forgetting to get it. I did try baby powder on mine and only one part isn't I going away. I added more so now I play the waiting game.

Seaglow works...

Just so y'all know, I started these in July of this year when I encountered sole separation on the left foot, then discovered it on the right. Saw it as an opportunity to just do both soles evenly and this is what happened. I still have to clean the uppers and reglue the soles, but I just had an epiphany of how different they look. I think I did about 8-10 sessions with seaglow under my natural light lamp. I didn't have a fancy setup just put the seaglow on the toothbrush and scrubbed both sides and sat it under the lamp for a couple of hours and rotated them. Then some days I sat them near the window and let  sunlight in WITHOUT seaglow. Then did more sessions with the seaglow. I did this off and on for about a month (no rush since I don't plan on wearing them now). They turned fairly quickly though. When you do it, you look at it so much you don't notice but it's well worth it. On to my V's, VI's, and other XI's...

HELP, after I retrobrited them this morning and washed them off and put them back in the box, there was some pink highlighter in the tissue papers, and when I got home today, it dyed on to the shoes, how do I remove it? I tried jason markk and acetone, and it still wouldn't come off.

^ next time, wipe them dry and sit them out until they completely dry then put them back in the box.

I know Jason Markk has a really big name, but is his stuff the best? Ive heard from multiple people that the Kiwi Brand "Nubuck and Suede Restoration Package" works really well. If somebody that has used both, or has something good to say about one or the other could please respond. Im doing a little restoration, and I want these sneakers to look the best they possibly can! Thanks guys.

I know Jason Markk has a really big name, but is his stuff the best? Ive heard from multiple people that the Kiwi Brand "Nubuck and Suede Restoration Package" works really well. If somebody that has used both, or has something good to say about one or the other could please respond. Im doing a little restoration, and I want these sneakers to look the best they possibly can! Thanks guys.
Suede restoration? Don't use Jason mark on suede
Also haven't tried that kiwi brand so idk

Im not entirely sure about this but have same issue about the dye coming into soles and I think its because the Retrobite allow the soles to be more open for dye and Idk if this works but I was contemplating Retrobiting and then use nail polish remover im just not sure if it will affect glue on soles... This is just a theory of mine

I would just like to say thanx to all members who came back and made this thread the way it is.

Im not entirely sure about this but have same issue about the dye coming into soles and I think its because the Retrobite allow the soles to be more open for dye and Idk if this works but I was contemplating Retrobiting and then use nail polish remover im just not sure if it will affect glue on soles... This is just a theory of mine
I just painted over the midsole, don't know what to do about the dyed soles tho

Jason markk isn't the best. Just the most popular cause it's easy to use generally for most shoes with people who don't have that much experience with cleaning. If you want the best restoration, gotta be detailed with procedure and products used

Last edited:

HELP, after I retrobrited them this morning and washed them off and put them back in the box, there was some pink highlighter in the tissue papers, and when I got home today, it dyed on to the shoes, how do I remove it? I tried jason markk and acetone, and it still wouldn't come off.
keep trying different things, have you tried bar keepers friend? or maybe a magic eraser or both? but be gentle with them because they are abrasive and may damage the shoe, yeah you have to be very carefull as to what you use to wipe down the shoes with, a white towel is best and make sure it has nothing already on it, you live you learn. i ruined a good pair of 01 concords with barkeepers friend so yeah its a learning curve but keep chugging along

I have same Issue haha Im trying to sell these Varsity Red 6's that I got for 20 but they were beat as **** soo I tried repainting them and used nail polish remover to get rid of factory paint and it all swiped down to the soles and made them have a red tint haha Im soo frustrated It decreases value by a shiit ton

I have same Issue haha Im trying to sell these Varsity Red 6's that I got for 20 but they were beat as **** soo I tried repainting them and used nail polish remover to get rid of factory paint and it all swiped down to the soles and made them have a red tint haha Im soo frustrated It decreases value by a shiit ton
Repaint stained area?

Back
Top Bottom