:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So I bought a pair of ds of bred XI guys and I want to rock them..so is for sure that the sole is going to separate. Will that be the only problem I will encounter?

Get some e6000 and fix them?

I seen some that have yellow residue on the edge I guess of the glue, how can I avoid that so it can be clean. Thanks guys.

So I bought a pair of ds of bred XI guys and I want to rock them..so is for sure that the sole is going to separate. Will that be the only problem I will encounter?

Get some e6000 and fix them?

I seen some that have yellow residue on the edge I guess of the glue, how can I avoid that so it can be clean. Thanks guys.

what year bred XI? if they are 2012 they shouldnt separate anytime soon. but if its an older pair and this does happen, get e6000 and apply conservatively and prevent excess from spewing out and wipe up immediately before it dries.

beyond repair?

Looks like what happened to my two pairs of xvii. Different shoe obviously, but similar problem. I fixed it with e6000 but haven't worn them in a while. They can be fixed

those look like they are crumbling so i dunno how much wear you would get out of them with glue but cant hurt to try, good luck and i hope the glue lets you wear them for a while

could someone help me out i got some pretty boad scuffs on my kd v easter and need some help getting them out i already used acitone it helped alot but its still pretty major

could someone help me out i got some pretty boad scuffs on my kd v easter and need some help getting them out i already used acitone it helped alot but its still pretty major
White eraser like the one found in the New Balance suede cleaning kit. I would bet Mr. Clean Eraser would strip the paint.

Last edited:
So e6000 is the unanimous pick for regluing midsoles, what about filling in small cracks on some 6?

Last edited:
Looks like what happened to my two pairs of xvii. Different shoe obviously, but similar problem. I fixed it with e6000 but haven't worn them in a while. They can be fixed

those look like they are crumbling so i dunno how much wear you would get out of them with glue but cant hurt to try, good luck and i hope the glue lets you wear them for a while

thank you, gentlemen!

Used the Lincoln E-Z Cleaner on my cool grey/infrared 10s and it sort of took the spots off but made the color darker, I'm not to happy about that. Am I doing it wrong or something? Some spots didn't come off either.

So e6000 is the unanimous pick for regluing midsoles, what about filling in small cracks on some 6?
what kind of cracks are we talking about? Is it midsole cracking or paint cracking? If we're talking about midsole cracking, you can use the e-6000 but it will only be temporary. The midsoles will soon start to crack more since the process of it being dried out has started. As far as gluing midsoles, e-6000 is the best from what I've experimented with over the years. Shoe goo sucks, takes forever to settle, and isn't that strong imo. Barge cement is a upgrade to shoe goo but it's like average compared to e-6000. On average, one tube of e-6000 will work for 2 pairs of midsole swapping. But for me this includes gluing both upper and bottom midsoles. The xi's are a lot easier to restore compared to the retro iii's and iv's I've been having fun with the past two months. Go to Jo Ann fabrics to get the e-6000 and use the 40% coupon in the ad or on your phone. Save some $ while doing this.

Back
Top Bottom