:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What y'all think?? pimpjobu pimpjobu

Other shoe :frown:

Work so far..

^those Olympic vi's are starting to show the signs of crumbling. The e-6000 will help with the attachment of the sole back to the midsole. As far as those cracks around the air pocket, the e-6000 will help but it's not going to solve it long term. I would re-glue the soles and fill in the cracks with the e-6000 and just enjoy the shoes as much as possible. Eventually the rest of the midsole will crack more and you'll see pieces break off here and there. This happened to me when I wore my mocha iii's last year after dropping off my kid at their school. Shoes started feeling funny while walking and next thing I know I look down and sections of the midsoles just busting out like a bad blowout. Get some clamps from lowe's or Home Depot when you use the e-6000 to keep the bond secure when gluing it together. Shoestrings also help, just tie them around the areas to hold it tighter. Good luck.

You can try to iron them out with a wet towel at all times but you will lose most a of that tumble look

@skep  not sure if this has been asked in this thread, or another thread, but does un-deadstocking your shoes within a little while of release day help prevent cracking or any issues as opposed to rocking them lets say 2-3 years later, even if they are well kept?

Wearing them once won't really do much for you, to prevent that crumbling and separation, they really should be worn regularly. My xvii (both pairs) were worn a lot the first few years, then I just wore em a few times a year at most.. then 11 years later they just fell apart. Certain shoes will never fall apart, like air forces for example. Just depends on how they're constructed.

So I'm an idiot and tried to re glue the toe on my last shot Jordan 14's. Got shoe goo on the suede on the toe and it's not wanting to come off. I've tried magic erasers and soap and water and it hasn't helped. Anyone have any tips on how to remove shoe goo from suede without damaging the shoe?

What do you guys think about unlacing a DS pair of shoes, more specificially leather jordans for storage purposes?? Don't want the leather to be stretched from being laced tightly like that and staying like that for a long period of time 

Unlacing them won't do any harm. I don't get why people that sell shoes say that they are still "factory laced" I can easily lace them up exactly how they were :lol:

Back
Top Bottom