:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

ok about the angelus white is that the one that says angelus white leather paint?

also what is retrobrite?

and 40 creme developer?
White angelus paint is exactly what you said. My advice is buy the bigger bottle because it's the better value.
Retrobrite- home made concoction of hydrogen peroxide, corn starch, and oxyclean powder. Check out the tutorials on YouTube on how to make it. It's not that hard to make. Apply it to the yellow areas of the soles to help remove the yellowing just like sea glow.
40 crime developer- hardcore hydrogen peroxide, salon strength that is available at Sally's beauty stores. Runs around $5 I think. Lots of folks in here like using this more than retrobrite but honestly both methods work.

Whats up NT,

Trying to see how should I store some of my stock I was thinking about the ziplock bag but then also heard that can be bad so yeah any help or advice is appreciated.
I store all of my shoes in my closet because it's dark and cool. I think shoes need some moisture so I wouldn't recommend putting them in bags or containers because it will dry out the midsole and leather after time and they will crumble and fall apart faster. Just fold the paper in the bottom of the box and keep them in their boxes.

ive seen ppl use angelus white, but i personally dont like the way it looks afterwards
hit it with some 40 creme developer to re-whiten. id rather do this
Depends on the midsole,how you mix the paint and the way you apply it.. you can definitely use Angelus if retrobrite doesn't quite cut it for you.

Whats up NT,

Trying to see how should I store some of my stock I was thinking about the ziplock bag but then also heard that can be bad so yeah any help or advice is appreciated.
i dont use any zip  lock bags, shoes with clear soles are gonna age no matter what. i keep silica packets in those boxes ( concords, sb spacejams, varsity red 6's etc...) 

i put my receipt on the very bottom, fold the paper and put my shoes on top and that includes every shoe i own and yellowing is minimal if you clean your shoes after each wear and make sure after cleaning you remove all of the water and soap from the clear portions of your soles

What should I do for the nubuck on these 8s?
34i1nx5.jpg

2vrykhl.jpg

20r6wki.jpg

This was my finish results of repainting my SB 8's I ended ip using the Miami vice paint from angelus
It matches better than the south beach
Still slightly off but it's the closest you'll get without mixing

In the first two pictures, on the left side of the toebox the nubuck is lighter than the rest of the shoe.[/quote

couldnt tell lol have you cleaned it with anything yet? if you have you may to clean the rest with the same product to even the look

couldnt tell lol have you cleaned it with anything yet? if you have you may to clean the rest with the same product to even the look
What would you recommend to use as a cleaner? Or should I use a brush?

Last edited:
was recently checking my cpd3s and saw this little tear/crack near the top left and top right a little less. Would this be a sign of crumbling? There cdp 3s (2008) i dont think they would be crumbling since their not that old

Last edited:
I'm gonna paint the midsole on a pair of Flyknit Lunar1s next week. What I wanna do is paint the grey top layer into white. Should I strip the paint on the entire midsole before doing it? Or should I strip only the grey paint? Or would painting over the grey be fine? Sorry for all the questions :lol:.

Any help?

Last edited:
stick stick I would just strip the paint off. I did the same thing with my innevas and it came out great. If it's not the white you want then paint but definitely not over the grey.

stick stick I would just strip the paint off. I did the same thing with my innevas and it came out great. If it's not the white you want then paint but definitely not over the grey.
Ok cool, good to see someone else did it and it turned out well. So strip the whole thing?

Also, what'd you use to strip it?

Ok cool, good to see someone else did it and it turned out well. So strip the whole thing?

Also, what'd you use to strip it?

Yep basically. Just be careful when you do it. And I used rubbing alcohol. Higher conc. is more effective, just be careful with it.

[ATTACHMENT=6216]image.jpg (1,940k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Had some small color changing on tha 2012 bred 4s. How do I clean that greenish tint off and get it back to grey witout painting it and also witout messin up the bred 4 upper material? Thanks

[ATTACHMENT=6216]image.jpg (1,940k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Had some small color changing on tha 2012 bred 4s. How do I clean that greenish tint off and get it back to grey witout painting it and also witout messin up the bred 4 upper material? Thanks

This, mine are just like that

Restored my Pure IIIs last night using Jason Markk, a New Balance white eraser for stains, and acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby. Turned out pretty good. Does anyone now of a better paint to used to touch up IIIs and IVs.

Rocking these this spring. These are silver anniversary versions and I also got the Pures back when they dropped with the black cat IIIs. I'm gonna try to do the same for those but they may be just too far gone. They have oxidized a lot since they dropped somewhere around 2009

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom