:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What's up cool kids, with Angelus Paint, am I combining colours to get shades like military blue, true red and varsity red?

I could probably fix those, did you try acetone to take the red paint off the leather ?
Yeah I used some yesterday. It was the first time I re-used the acetone in about 2 months and I noticed a little came off. Gonna try the nail polish one more time on the patent leather to see if the paint will come off but if not, they're done.

@ddh1122 ok try using nail polish remover and a rag or cotton swab and just rub it until it comes off but don't do it too much on the midsole or else it will deteriorate it, And if you can't fix them Id take them for cheap and try because I'm pretty good at repainting and restoring.

****** pics, but i have a small bit of separation on my CDP bred 4's. nothing that would affect wearability, just cosmetic.

would this do the trick?

****** pics, but i have a small bit of separation on my CDP bred 4's. nothing that would affect wearability, just cosmetic.

would this do the trick?

Yup, that's the right glue for sole separation. Be careful not to get any on the nubuck though because it won't come off. A little goes a long way

Need opinions. Are 01 Breds worth buying or should I just stick with my 2013s. I'm a little worried about how long the 01s will last me compared to the 2013s.

Bred 11s? The only thing you've got to worry about is sole separation. Easy fix if it happens.

I've got 01 bred 11s and the quality on them is great. The leather is super soft and they are very comfortable.

Picked Up For $100 Today, I Just Got Into The Restoration Game & Did A General Clean Up For 11s ; Anybody Know Where I Can Get UV Lights For Indoors Beside Ebay/ Amazon & Ect ?

Got these, overscrub with jason markk that hit the knapp pretty hard and wiped the 3M off. Can the knapp be restored with magic eraser etc? Also if someone wanted to just take them off my hands and do a restore then by all means pm me

I'm trying to strip the paint on this midsole but I'm having the hardest time. I'm using 91% Isopropyl Alcohol (the highest % they had at the store). It's only removing the glittery top layer of the paint, not the actual paint though. Here are some pics:

Treated with alcohol:

Not treated:

You can see a tiny bit of grey paint has been removed but for the most part it's just the glittery layer that's coming off and giving it sort of a matte finish. I'm putting the alcohol on a cotton ball and lightly scrubbing from side to side. Should I try using an alcohol with a higher concentration or something else? I tried some nail polish remover with acetone but I'm getting similar results :\.

Last edited:
Trying to touch up the faded elephant print on a pair of atmos elephant print air max 1s. What do you guys think is the best way to do this. I've heard using a sharpie is a terrible and cheap way to do it, so i'm ruling that out. I was thinking of using either a deco marker or angelus paint. Any tips/advice/suggestions? please and thank you :D

Haven't tried that. Haven't had a chance to go out and get some.. Would they have it at Lowes?
they have it at Walmart at the paint section even where the nail polish remover is. And yeah Lowes definitely. Just test the acetone lightly and then go from there. If it doesn't fully comes off try to get the finish off the paint and work with that.

Haven't tried that. Haven't had a chance to go out and get some.. Would they have it at Lowes?
they have it at Walmart at the paint section even where the nail polish remover is. And yeah Lowes definitely. Just test the acetone lightly and then go from there. If it doesn't fully comes off try to get the finish off the paint and work with that.
Thanks for the help :smokin.

Back
Top Bottom