:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

That's such a miniscule imperfection, don't even worry about it. If it bothers you that much then sell em. It's really petty tho honestly.you'll never see that when on foot
Nah it doesnt bother me enough to sell em XD I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it, if not ill just rock em with it

Nah it doesnt bother me enough to sell em XD I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it, if not ill just rock em with it

Misaligned midsole when they glue the shoe. Nothing you can do because that part is the outsole wrapped up to the upper.

I been having trouble with angleus paint, and finishers. I been having the paint crack where the toe area creases. After trying it over 3 times it kept peeling with no luck. So i tried Angelus dye with a thin coat of finisher over it. The result? Cracking finisher . im sure it was prepped well. The toe area was bone white again after rubbing the black paint off to replace it with dye. . Im about to toss them. Any ideas? Maybe its because its synthetic leather and not real?

They crack most likely it is because they are drying too fast. If it peels that means you didn't prep it right. To paint over anything you need to make sure the surface is clean and semi-rough at least. From the pic it didn't look like u tried to rough up the leather first.

They crack most likely it is because they are drying too fast. If it peels that means you didn't prep it right. To paint over anything you need to make sure the surface is clean and semi-rough at least. From the pic it didn't look like u tried to rough up the leather first.
The pic is the shoe dyed and a finisher applied afterwards. Does it have to be roughed up to dye as well? Also, How would you rough it up? By sanding or something? Wouldn't roughing it up make it uneven and mess up the smooth grain finish and leave the surface looking rough like suedeish? Thanks for your response!

The pic is the shoe dyed and a finisher applied afterwards. Does it have to be roughed up to dye as well? Also, How would you rough it up? By sanding or something? Wouldn't roughing it up make it uneven and mess up the smooth grain finish and leave the surface looking rough like suedeish? Thanks for your response!
not sure about the dye. i meant by using Isopropyl Alcohol to strip the original color and you shouldn't have any issue. here is a great page for teaching about painting leather shoes.

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com/blog/2010/03/05/how-to-paint-leather-shoes/

I been having trouble with angleus paint, and finishers. I been having the paint crack where the toe area creases. After trying it over 3 times it kept peeling with no luck. So i tried Angelus dye with a thin coat of finisher over it. The result? Cracking finisher . im sure it was prepped well. The toe area was bone white again after rubbing the black paint off to replace it with dye. . Im about to toss them. Any ideas? Maybe its because its synthetic leather and not real?
And where do you live? If it's really humid or hot then that could cause the paint to be sticky and not fully dry

About to buy these off Ebay, anyone have any idea of how to get the yellowing part, white again. Also How is the sizing on Air Jordan IX's. Cause I have read they are TTS but I tried my friends 9's and it was size 9.5 and it fit my size 10.5 foot perfectly.  For comparison

AJKO 1 sz 10.5=tight fit

DMP 1' sz 11= lots of room

2013 Bred 11 sz 10.5=tight foot

2010 varsity 6's sz 10.5=little amount of space

I tried this on my 1's as well and am having the same problem. I contacted angelus paint and I don't think its the weather, they told me that the temp should be above 40 degrees when drying. Are the 1's tight on your foot? My 1's are size 11 and i'm a 10.5 so the creases are much worse and they cause large cracks in the pain on my toebox.

From my experience I realized that when painting, the paint covers the crease as if it is a flat surface when its not. So after everything is done drying and you start rocking the kicks, the surface on which the paint is o,n is bending so it only makes sense that the paint moves as well with it. Angelus paint is meant to endure bending but I think the creases on the toebox are too much for it. Looking at my 1's, they bend a lot when I pick up my foot to walk(due to the fact they aren't my size). The only thing I think that can help cure this is either.

a)Remove the creases with the ironing method (But creases can always come back)

b)buy a sneaker shield to prevent the shoe from flexing/creasing at the toebox, which wears down the paint.

c)Do Both

Last edited:

Anyone ever done a custom on the laney 1s? I bought them to wear but I don't like them anymore and they are still ds. I think I might take the blue and change it to black. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

Anyone ever done a custom on the laney 1s? I bought them to wear but I don't like them anymore and they are still ds. I think I might take the blue and change it to black. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

I'd try to do the yellow black in stead of the blue I think that Woodnt look to bad or maybe a nice grey over the yellow

I tried this on my 1's as well and am having the same problem. I contacted angelus paint and I don't think its the weather, they told me that the temp should be above 40 degrees when drying. Are the 1's tight on your foot? My 1's are size 11 and i'm a 10.5 so the creases are much worse and they cause large cracks in the pa in on my toebox.

From my experience I realized that when painting, the paint covers the crease as if it is a flat surface when its not. So after everything is done drying and you start rocking the kicks, the surface on which the paint is o,n is bending so it only makes sense that the paint moves as well with it. Angelus paint is meant to endure bending but I think the creases on the toebox are too much for it. Looking at my 1's, they bend a lot when I pick up my foot to walk(due to the fact they aren't my size). The only thing I think that can help cure this is either.
a)Remove the creases with the ironing method (But creases can always come back)
b)buy a sneaker shield to prevent the shoe from flexing/creasing at the toebox, which wears down the paint.
c)Do Both

I painted them DS so there weren't any creases. I honestly just think its to much wear and tear for the paint as well. No other areas that crease and bends every once in a while have any problems. Its only the super heavy usage of creasing on the toe area. Watch out with those customs NTers! And i make sure to run my 1s as small as i can (sz11) to prevent heavy creasing. Im normally a 11.5. Also my weather is in the upper 90s so i doubt that's the problem. Thanks !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom