:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Does anyone have an any advice about dying light gray suede to black? I used Angelus Suede Dye but I kinda turned out dark purple.

I have a question regarding getting scuffs out. I recently bought a pair of infrared 23 (all red) 6's. There are a couple of black scuffs on the shoe that I would like to get rid of. It looks like they tried to use nail polish on one of the scuffs and it didnt work ( kind of faded the red, not really noticeable). Are there different methods to getting the scuff out without fading the red?

Last edited:
Does anyone have an any advice about dying light gray suede to black? I used Angelus Suede Dye but I kinda turned out dark purple.

I've heard about Angelus black dye not being a true black. There is this other dye but unfortunately I can't remember the name. It's the dye so you have to try another brand. Sorry I couldn't help more at the moment.

I have a question regarding getting scuffs out. I recently bought a pair of infrared 23 (all red) 6's. There are a couple of black scuffs on the shoe that I would like to get rid of. It looks like they tried to use nail polish on one of the scuffs and it didnt work ( kind of faded the red, not really noticeable). Are there different methods to getting the scuff out without fading the red?
have you tried a brush with warm-hot water and soap? Put some elbow grease on them. you can try leather cleaner like lexol

I honestly dont even know how people get their 4s to end up creased like this on the ankle... Like do they even unlace them to put em on???? Smh but the guy's selling em for 160 so I guess it's still a good deal... I just wanna know if the wet towel and steam hot iron trick will work on the ankle to get the creases off??

^^ na i dont think the steam and towel method is gonna do anything for those. its hard to believe thats even a crease... like you said, he must've tied them as tight as he can and THEN put them on or something. i'd message him and ask him for sure if thats a crease. there may be small outside chance that its a weird scuff or something. you may be able to press it out somehow if thats a crease.

^^ na i dont think the steam and towel method is gonna do anything for those. its hard to believe thats even a crease... like you said, he must've tied them as tight as he can and THEN put them on or something. i'd message him and ask him for sure if thats a crease. there may be small outside chance that its a weird scuff or something. you may be able to press it out somehow if thats a crease.
Sure looks like a crease, almost looks like the top of the 5s...

I guess that's what happens when a hypebeast walks leather 4s... Still I have faith the iron thing will work, hopefully...

I'm trying to decide if I want the jason mark or the Lincoln ez cleaner for my cool gray xi. Both look like they will do a good job. I may go with the jason mark only cause I can use it on more surfaces.

I'm trying to decide if I want the jason mark or the Lincoln ez cleaner for my cool gray xi. Both look like they will do a good job. I may go with the jason mark only cause I can use it on more surfaces.
Can you report back on how well Jason Markk does on the Cool Grey 11 suede. I try not get any liquid on that nubuck because it stains like crazy. I currently have no stains after dozens of wear

Can anymore help me get this scuff out of my cement 4s or tell me what to do to remove the scuff mark.

Can anymore help me get this scuff out of my cement 4s or tell me what to do to remove the scuff mark.
man that's super simple. Either get a dry eraser, jason markk, or even soap and water. then just touch it up white angelus if there's a scratch underneath.

I used Jason Markk on my son's cool gray XI and it did wonders for the whole shoe. I posted before and after pictures a while back in this thread the first time I cleaned them for him

Well a little elbow grease worked to help fade the scuff a little but the paper towel kind of gave it a green tint to it smh. Would Acetone work?

UPDATE

Hey guys, what is the best way to clean Kobe 9 Elites? I don't know how because of the Flynit material. Tried to look up a good way but didn't find. Thanks :D

Ive seen people use Fiebling Dye as an alternative

Does anyone know if that "sole sauce" or whatever will work on colored soles such as the Kobe VI Grinch? 

Yes it will work but save your money dont buy anyones "sauce". Sally 40/50 cream and oxy will do the same thing. I use it on all my kicks it will work for all clear/rubber soles

Yes it will work but save your money dont buy anyones "sauce". Sally 40/50 cream and oxy will do the same thing. I use it on all my kicks it will work for all clear/rubber soles
Yeah I've seen the YT's on that combo. Guess my specific question is will that stuff make the colored sole look funny (such as bleach) on the Grinch sole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom