:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

take your and redo everything now it will save you future headaches/repaints. if you can get flat white paint from angelus and use an adhesion promotor. Good luck

Dang bought regular white paint a few weeks ago, I should have gotten the flat white lol. what adhesion promoter do you recommend ma man?

I don't know if you guys can tell but... the front of my 6 Oreo have red marks on them and makes the front look "Pink." Does anyone know what this is Or does anyone know how to get rid of i?

Is it bad to mix Angelus with other paint other than Angelus? I finally found the perfect match for my 1999 cement 4s but I don't have a yellow or red so I had to use gouache paint orange paint :frown:. Will it affect he midsole if I use part Angelus & gouache paint?

Dang bought regular white paint a few weeks ago, I should have gotten the flat white lol. what adhesion promoter do you recommend ma man?

the more popular brands are SEM or Bulldog but thers others out there

I don't know if you guys can tell but... the front of my 6 Oreo have red marks on them and makes the front look "Pink." Does anyone know what this is Or does anyone know how to get rid of i?

What are the stains from? Try Magic Eraser

Is it bad to mix Angelus with other paint other than Angelus? I finally found the perfect match for my 1999 cement 4s but I don't have a yellow or red so I had to use gouache paint orange paint :frown:. Will it affect he midsole if I use part Angelus & gouache paint?

You can mix Angelus depending on what other brand it is

Im not sure where the stain is from... I don't have a magic eraser. Do you know any other ways I can erase this? really bothering me

Im not sure where the stain is from... I don't have a magic eraser. Do you know any other ways I can erase this? really bothering me

I bought the Magic Eraser and it didn't work at all... This Pink evil thing is stressing me out like the Little Pony my sister watches. Please help me! My first Jordans that I got yesterday too!

I bought the Magic Eraser and it didn't work at all... This Pink evil thing is stressing me out like the Little Pony my sister watches. Please help me! My first Jordans that I got yesterday too!
First of all the shoe is a white bottom shoe so you are going to get weird marks. Just deal with it. Second of all you don't need a wet eraser. That Mr. Clean stuff has never worked for tough stains and I don't understand why people keep mentioning it because that chemical agent may be removing paint as well. You need a DRY eraser such as a New Balance eraser. You might even be able to grab a white one from your lil sister pencil box or something. And then scrub away.

Last edited:
^ Magic Erasers don't have any chemical compounds in them. It's just a specially engineered foam that's rough but not too abrasive. While they can remove paint from more delicate surfaces, using them on soles/midsoles is safe.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/magic-eraser1.htm

If the Magic Eraser isn't getting rid of those pink marks, I doubt any other type of eraser will.

Try high concentration rubbing alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover) on a Q-Tip. That might work.

Last edited:
 It's not the patent leather. The rubber sole got the ink stain
sorry bro dosnt seem like theres an awnser yet.. Ive personally tried to do everything on my pair of varsity red 6's and no results.. but it has seemed to fade more and more with time..

That looks like a set stain sorta like dye. You might want to try that acetone method that nick mentioned, if that doesn't work try some retrobrite.. work case scenario you might have to try some Angelus magic.... good luck!!!

Last edited:
hey guys i got a pair of cool grey 11s from a trade today. Im trying to clean them up but i cant find an efficient way to remove this dirty layer on top of the patent leather. The only thing that works so far is actually scrapping it off with a screwdriver. Ive tried a bunch of things like polish remover, a brilo pad, and different brushes. Can someone please help???

I got these brand new and there are these strange brown marks on the midsole. I'm not exactly sure what it is and I'm pretty sure it is not paint loss. I've tried multiple ways to remove it, including dish washing soap, jason markk, scrubbing it, alcohol, nail polish remover, eraser. Nothing is really working. Any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks!

Thanks bro that makes sense now. You have any suggestions on how to get it off?
If its like a shoe dye or a cheap paint of some sort, which it looks like it is, you can use some Acetone, however that will dull the patent shine. But from the pic and just using logic, I'd think that the patent effect might be gone already, which is why dude painted them, or he didn't like the shine.

Acetone though, but test a spot that is NOT in the front my dude

If its like a shoe dye or a cheap paint of some sort, which it looks like it is, you can use some Acetone, however that will dull the patent shine. But from the pic and just using logic, I'd think that the patent effect might be gone already, which is why dude painted them, or he didn't like the shine.

Alright thanks a lot im gonna try this out post back how it works out for me

Alright thanks a lot im gonna try this out post back how it works out for me
Cool man, let us know

Anyone know how to restore fading of the suede? Is it even worth trying?

Back
Top Bottom