:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I got my toro 4s really dirty it had black marks I thought they wouldn't go away but footlocker suede cleaner took it off quick.

Fam I need your help. I already worn twice my low green snakeskin and I noticed that there is a black spot on my.sole which im having a hard time to remove soap and warm water can't get it out. I don't know what it is, probably a receipt stain? But its really hard to remove and suggestions what to use?

Last edited:
anyone here uses baby wipes(unscented, alcohol free, and water based) it works wonders on my Jordan 1s :D

Last edited:
Fam I need your help. I already worn twice my low green snakeskin and I noticed that there is a black spot on my.sole which im having a hard time to remove soap and warm water can't get it out. I don't know what it is, probably a receipt stain? But its really hard to remove and suggestions what to use?

I had this happen on my penny 5. They are a darker icy sole but I used a stiff bristle brush and used Fantastic cleaner spray and it took some of it off. Then my next step was getting it all scrubbed up with it and when it is foamy it took my fingernail and dug into it. Another thing is you could maybe try an scratch it off carefully with an razor blade in an box cutter or an exacto knife.

I already used magic eraser and acetone but still I'm having a hard time removing this. Anymore suggestions? What do you think is this stain? Ink receipt stain?

I already used magic eraser and acetone but still I'm having a hard time removing this. Anymore suggestions? What do you think is this stain? Ink receipt stain?
its most likely from the receipt.. Dont think that anyone has found a direct way to handle it but i do think someone had that stain on their 11's awhile back in the forum and fixed it. 

Had the same problem with concords....I've just learn to accept it, tried almost everything and it didn't come off mind you they are DS

*Reposted from the restock thread:

My Fear IV's came in and I'm wondering if anyone got else some yellowing on the soles (white).

I haven't seen yellowing like this before, on non clear soles.

But then again I haven't collected Jordans in years.

Can I do anything to prevent it from worsening? Aside from the usual storing in a cool, dry and dark place with good ventilation.

Thanks

I recently copped these Space Jams and was ecstatic with the leather, phylon soles, and mesh maintenance....especially for the price I paid. 

http://niketalk.com/t/592467/2009-space-jam-xi-legit-check

But the seller did wear them every now and then so they have a few surface scratches on the patent leather. Is there anything to help this or just live with it. That's the one thing I haven't learned to fix...and that's patent leather scratches.

I got 3/4 bottle of sea glow from a while back so I plan to restore these soles ASAP. Jason Markk and my New Balance eraser has removed any spec of of dirt on the shoes. They aint DS but the will be some of the best looking 2009 space jams you will see on somebody's feet because I plan to wear them

But the seller did wear them every now and then so they have a few surface scratches on the patent leather. Is there anything to help this or just live with it. That's the one thing I haven't learned to fix...and that's patent leather scratches.
Beautiful shoe but I don't think there is a way to fix the scratches unless they are just scuffs but either way I imagine they wouldn't be noticeable.

Beautiful shoe but I don't think there is a way to fix the scratches unless they are just scuffs but either way I imagine they wouldn't be noticeable.
Nah they aren't noticeable unless they shine in a specific light. But I'm stuck on getting them damn near DS. These will be rocked at the AAU tournaments this summer lol. Most kids have never even seen a good looking pair of Space Jams

What's everyone's experience in painting white midsoles or any midsole for that matter in angelus paint? How long does the paint hold up during casual wear before it starts to crack? Although majority of my midsole on my am1s look fine, I'm thinking about completely prepping the whole midsole and repainting it white. In other words, is it worth repainting the whole midsole? Thanks in advance fellas, reps will def be given.

What's everyone's experience in painting white midsoles or any midsole for that matter in angelus paint? How long does the paint hold up during casual wear before it starts to crack? Although majority of my midsole on my am1s look fine, I'm thinking about completely prepping the whole midsole and repainting it white. In other words, is it worth repainting the whole midsole? Thanks in advance fellas, reps will def be given.

take your and redo everything now it will save you future headaches/repaints. if you can get flat white paint from angelus and use an adhesion promotor. Good luck

Had the same problem with concords....I've just learn to accept it, tried almost everything and it didn't come off mind you they are DS
I will just try to use a razor blade and cut off the surface and fine sand to make it even. Hopefully it works its kinda annoying to see this stain but so far this is my fav pair that I use almost everyday.

I will just try to use a razor blade and cut off the surface and fine sand to make it even. Hopefully it works its kinda annoying to see this stain but so far this is my fav pair that I use almost everyday.

dont cut anything you're just gonna make it worse. somone in this thread removed the same ink stain, i wanna say with wd40 or goo gone. it was a while back you'll have to comb the thread to find it.

dont cut anything you're just gonna make it worse. somone in this thread removed the same ink stain, i wanna say with wd40 or goo gone. it was a while back you'll have to comb the thread to find it.
I know it sucks cause ink penetrates rubber real bad that's why its really hard to remove it. I haven't try goo gone. Probably I'll try lemon oldschool way lol

Back
Top Bottom