:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

is it possible to repaint my nubuck swooshes on my 01 Bred 1s? like I want to has angelus red paint but would it work? my nubuck swooshes have faded.

i need to find donor 5 soles what shoe has the 5 sole that would be cheap to buy on ebay? and would a 1999 size 11 sole be the same size as today?

Last edited:
i need to find donor 5 soles what shoe has the 5 sole that would be cheap to buy on ebay? and would a 1999 size 11 sole be the same size as today?
I was watching these on eBay, but they already ended.

Sorry youre right Rickey...theres a pair of sz 11 son of mars on fleabay at $27 that end in 5hrs..also a few jordan 60s for cheap as well

would you recommend painting the nubuck swooshes or just leave them faded, I don't want to ruin the shoe lol

Angelus red dye. make sure you tape off in case you spill dye. size 6 shader should be good also you can can use anglus dye pens for more control

Took your advise and ended cutting them like this. Man!! They are comfortable as hell now
Wow my dude....you trimmed the hell out of those. I've never seen anyone trim the front of the toes like that. Do they still work good? And FWIW, I think the fact that you got the black ones had a lot to do with why they are uncomfortable in the first place. THey are a LOT stiffer than the white ones. The white ones are the universals, you should've gone with those. Maybe they'd hurt less, and you can therefore trim them less. 

Wow my dude....you trimmed the hell out of those. I've never seen anyone trim the front of the toes like that. Do they still work good? And FWIW, I think the fact that you got the black ones had a lot to do with why they are uncomfortable in the first place. THey are a LOT stiffer than the white ones. The white ones are the universals, you should've gone with those. Maybe they'd hurt less, and you can therefore trim them less. 

Can't even lie, they work beautifully. I didn't want to trim them but hey if I would have messed them up, I would have bought another pair. They cheap anyways.

But I'm glad I did because dam!! Are they comfortable and they keep the creases away. Been wearing them on my other AF1's and no crease or pain. Double wami baby

Might not be looking hard enough it's been a minute since I was on here last. Couldn't find a maintainence thread under Nike or Nike Retro.

Picked up a used pair of Nike SB Send Helps. The pair has some light jeans stains on the turquoise suede. Any tips on how to get them off without ruining the suede or fading it?

The black suede is faded too but I know I can use baby oil to bring that back. Not sure if baby oil will work properly on other colors.

Picked up these sea crystal sb dunk high today and they have some pink marks and jeans stains. I know these are delicate shoes and don't want anything to happen to the suede. Can I just clean the whole shoe with air legends then towel dry?

Are my 2006 grapes wearable? The midsole all around feel firm except for this one spot near the air unit which feels soft. I tried wearing these around the house and carried heavy objects to see if a cracked formed. Nothing has happened in this day but I'm worried they might crack later on.

Can't even lie, they work beautifully. I didn't want to trim them but hey if I would have messed them up, I would have bought another pair. They cheap anyways.

But I'm glad I did because dam!! Are they comfortable and they keep the creases away. Been wearing them on my other AF1's and no crease or pain. Double wami baby
I know they changed my life breh...I never wear my nice sneakers without them. I actually like the way they feel. Holds my foot in perfectly, can't really explain it. You should cop a pair of universals and try to trim them less to see if you like them more.

Why did you cop the black joints anyway? Never even thought to try them stiff as mofo's. Just bought the universals and never looked back. BTW, some of my pairs have like 15 wears in them without any creases. 

Added tip: Stuff the original trees back in your shoes when you take the sneakershields out of your shoes. Wad up extra magazine paper and cram them in with the original shoe trees and they'll not only keep the toebox nice and tight while you aren't wearing them, they'll also keep the toebox in that perfect shape. 

Last edited:

ANYBODY USE THOSE SOLE-PROTECTORS? 

is it worth it 
I always just clean my soles (and the whole shoe) after a couple wears. The reason I'm against sole protectors is that even though they say it comes right off and leaves no stickiness behind...i'm skeptical as to how true that is. Secondly...if i wanna clean my midsoles and uppers and the sole protectors are on, and water or cleaner drips down and gets between the sole protectors and the sole, bam....instant yellowing. Also...what if you moisture gets between the sole protectors and the sole just from wearing them? Let's say I'm at a bar and I step somewhere a little wet. Liquid could get in between the sole and the protector and get trapped there instead of drying off. I think that would be really bad too. IDK there are a lot of reasons I'm afraid to use those. 

I always just clean my soles (and the whole shoe) after a couple wears. The reason I'm against sole protectors is that even though they say it comes right off and leaves no stickiness behind...i'm skeptical as to how true that is. Secondly...if i wanna clean my midsoles and uppers and the sole protectors are on, and water or cleaner drips down and gets between the sole protectors and the sole, bam....instant yellowing. Also...what if you moisture gets between the sole protectors and the sole just from wearing them? Let's say I'm at a bar and I step somewhere a little wet. Liquid could get in between the sole and the protector and get trapped there instead of drying off. I think that would be really bad too. IDK there are a lot of reasons I'm afraid to use those. 
I agree with everything you said. I'll pass on the expensive piece of plastic. I would I use that 3M spray that's meant for cars before I used a piece of plastic. Somebody should try it and report back!

To anyone who has done a sole swap on jordan 6s, how hard is it compaired to a pair of 4s? And what is the hardest part to glue/line up? It seems like the toebox would be pretty hard.

Are my 2006 grapes wearable? The midsole all around feel firm except for this one spot near the air unit which feels soft. I tried wearing these around the house and carried heavy objects to see if a cracked formed. Nothing has happened in this day but I'm worried they might crack later on.
yes, they are wearable. Just because the midsole is soft, doesn't really determine if they are wearable. Normally they feel squishy or moist when they are going to crumble. Those are fine

Back
Top Bottom