:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Use leather dye... Angelus jet black. Correct me if im wrong but thats what i use for my aqua 8s.(metallic 5 has the same shade of black).

Got these small white factory "scuffs" on a pair of DS Royals (toebox area along the stitching), what type of Angelus paint can I use to touch them up? 

Got these small white factory "scuffs" on a pair of DS Royals (toebox area along the stitching), what type of Angelus paint can I use to touch them up? 

Clean it with water and soap. If they don't come off leave it alone. No reason to put paint on a pair of DS.

Clean it with water and soap. If they don't come off leave it alone. No reason to put paint on a pair of DS.
  Yeah, they won't come off with that & I don't want to leave it alone, they bug me 
laugh.gif
. If they came from wear then it would be whatever.

Last edited:
Guys can you please help me out? ive been trying to clean my J11 bred sole but the mark doesn't come off, i just bought the shoe so im not sure what happened to it,

i tried to scrub it several times with a towel in warm water with dish washing soap and it still doesnt come off, any suggestions please? would really appreciate it, this is a big eye sore for me :frown:

Anyone know how to decrease patent leather? Found some dope 19 SEs and have a couple space jams that need decreasing at the toe box.

I steamed out the ankle creases on the Space Jams but it left some serious mist on the patent leather around the heel and once it tried off, the shine was gone for good. Left sort of a misty imprint on the patent leather.

Yes..get some salon care 40, my 99 aj Vs were worse than that and are icy again after 5 treatments. Theres plenty of youtube videos of how to do this as well and prior posts about it

Picked up these sea crystal sb dunk high today and they have some pink marks and jeans stains. I know these are delicate shoes and don't want anything to happen to the suede. Can I just clean the whole shoe with air legends then towel dry?

You could use a sharpie and no one would even know it. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy $3+shipping worth of paint for that.

Guys can you please help me out? ive been trying to clean my J11 bred sole but the mark doesn't come off, i just bought the shoe so im not sure what happened to it,

i tried to scrub it several times with a towel in warm water with dish washing soap and it still doesnt come off, any suggestions please? would really appreciate it, this is a big eye sore for me :frown:
I would try 100% acetone.

Anyone know how to decrease patent leather? Found some dope 19 SEs and have a couple space jams that need decreasing at the toe box.

I steamed out the ankle creases on the Space Jams but it left some serious mist on the patent leather around the heel and once it tried off, the shine was gone for good. Left sort of a misty imprint on the patent leather.
Don't think there's an effective and safe way to decrease patent leather creasing, but to fix the shine on patent leather...

Acrylic finisher method:

Lotion method:

Can I still make this icy?
Yes, those can definitely be fixed.

Last edited:
Whats everyones take on storing in plastic containers? I just recently switched over, i keep my kicks stored in the containers, in my dark closet, which is pretty cool in there since my house has central AC.

Ive heard some people say i should probably poke some holes in the containers to let them breathe, but then again..... i recently sold a pair of DS 2000 spacejams which i had in a ziploc bag with a silica pack in the OG box for 7yrs, and it still looked brand new, so idk.

im mainly worried about some of the jordans the are mostly white

thoughts?

Last edited:

Whats everyones take on storing in plastic containers? I just recently switched over, i keep my kicks stored in the containers, in my dark closet, which is pretty cool in there since my house has central AC.

Ive heard some people say i should probably poke some holes in the containers to let them breathe, but then again..... i recently sold a pair of DS 2000 spacejams which i had in a ziploc bag with a silica pack in the OG box for 7yrs, and it still looked brand new, so idk.

im mainly worried about some of the jordans the are mostly white

thoughts?
  Keep most of my shoes in the plastic drop front boxes & those have some little "holes" in them already. My bedroom is pretty dark & only source of light is a ceiling fan so I don't need to keep mine in the closet. Threw a couple of silica packets in each one as well.

Drop front box from michaels works pretty well. But did not tried ds shoes and how we'll it will do...

You could use a sharpie and no one would even know it. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy $3+shipping worth of paint for that.
  I have a craft store that carries Angelus nearby so it's not biggie, but what kind would you recommend & I wouldn't need to do any pre-treatment since  the scuffs are so small correct?

Could someone please tell me which color / product you use to repaint the sole or jumpman on the jordans 3? I use angelus leather paint for the leather and it works fine. But i don't know what to use for sole / jumpman. Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom